Welcome to PatsFans.com

Offensive Line was in 2007 form against Indy

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by bostonia3333, Nov 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bostonia3333

bostonia3333 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

This offensive line was simply amazing against the Colts. I never heard Freeney's name mentioned once. It seemed like Cassel had some nice lanes to work from. Obviously Cassel still is trying to develop some feel for the pocket, but should be more comfortable as the season goes on. If there was anything positive about tonight, it was the OL and Matt Cassel's progress as an NFL qb.
  2. Cartwright

Cartwright Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

They DID play very well, although it looked like Brock got a nice lick on Cassell late in the game. How many games has the first unit been healthy, 1 thru 5??

Personnally, I thought the Colts' O-Line played very well themselves. Back to back games with the projected starting line-up at the beginning of the season. Didn't help the run game much, but sometimes just the attempts themselves are noteworthy.
  3. chech1965

chech1965 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I don't mind the loss at all because they fought hard and lost it on a penalty.

I have a lot more confidence in their next three. If they can keep up this form, they'll get 2 out of 3 of those, if not a sweep.
  4. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,366 / 26 / -47

No Jersey Selected

The production along the O-Line has as much to do with the line being healthy as it does with Cassel just getting the ball out of his hands a lot quicker. I can't even so much as remember if Cassel was sacked (do remember him taking 2-3 hits though). I think the trolls mostly got smarter though. I came in expecting to see "Cassel loses game with dumb INT" or "O'Connell would have won that game" but did not. I guess it's blatently obvious, though, who lost us the game.
  5. letekro

letekro Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 2 / -3

There was a lot to like about last night. If Cassel continues his steady improvement and we get Morris and Jordan back, we could be the proverbial "team no one wants to play" in the playoffs.
  6. AzPatsFan

AzPatsFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +217 / 19 / -10

Amazing what a difference that a healthy Steve Neal makes. He went down early in the SB and Faulk followed. The Oline has struggled until his first start tonight against the Colts. Now the run game isn't left handed only. The RBs can run right for yardage. Now there is a pocket for the the QB to step up into. The LG and C don't have to overplay to assist the RG. Run Defenses can't always pinch right.
    Even the RT tackle play of Nick Kaczur appears adequate.

The Offense looks to be getting much better for the second half of the season.
  7. mgteich

mgteich PatsFans.com Veteran PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +277 / 18 / -2

DARE I SAY THE OBVIOUS?
    Welcome back Kaczur!!!! Welcome back Neal!!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.