PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Offensive line play

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHOWTIME15

No asterisks
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
I think our offense looked terrific against Jax and I think it's been because we now have a healthy offensive line. With Light and Neal returning and Vollmer playing RT, we now have the BEST offensive line we've had all year: Light-Mankins-Koppen-Neal-Vollmer. Kaczur was the weak link IMO. Now, Brady is getting more time to throw the ball plus the running game has picked up. I like this a lot. I just hope Vollmer starts instead of Kaczur from now on.

and the boston globe agrees!

Neal completed formidable line - The Boston Globe

I hope Vollmer stays at RT when Kaczur becomes healthy.

This could be the best oline Brady's ever had if Vollmer stays at RT. I pray that Belichick is able to get over his penchant for veterans. Vollmer gets the occasional false start but his superior play more than makes up for it.

Last edited:
This could be the best oline Brady's ever had if Vollmer stays at RT. I pray that Belichick is able to get over his penchant for veterans. Vollmer gets the occasional false start but his superior play more than makes up for it.

What you said

I would agree that it could be the best. Draft a RG and then it will be even better? I wouldn't disagree with that either, especially if they scout like they did with Vollmer. I do have a fondness for Neal though... when he's in the game.

Yes, Vollmer is an upgrade over Kaczur, but I don't think that this is the best OL ever. I don't think that Neal is anywhere nearly as effective as in the past. I'm not sure Light or Koppen are either.

In any case, it is a fine offensive line, and a strength of the offense. We will likely be adding an OG early in the 2010 draft.

Yes, Vollmer is an upgrade over Kaczur, but I don't think that this is the best OL ever. I don't think that Neal is anywhere nearly as effective as in the past. I'm not sure Light or Koppen are either.

In any case, it is a fine offensive line, and a strength of the offense. We will likely be adding an OG early in the 2010 draft.

And hopefully a center also.

The only ones who think a center is high need for the patriots are posters to message boards.

And hopefully a center also.

If Neal stays healthy all systems are go. That is probably a big if....... They have allot of talent.

I hope Vollmer stays at RT when Kaczur becomes healthy.

If Kaczur starts over Vollmer, I will absolutely lose my cookies.
I know I know...Kaczur is serviceable this and Vollmer's just a rookie that... but when he was in, just look at the time Tom was getting. Actually floating over to his right at times because HE COULD.
The man is a roadgrader right after Logan Mankins heart.

The only ones who think a center is high need for the patriots are posters to message boards.

Not necessarily a first or second round pick, but Koppen gets manhandled too much.

I wouldn't mind if we aquired a third and used it, or our fourth.

If Kaczur starts over Vollmer, I will absolutely lose my cookies.
I know I know...Kaczur is serviceable this and Vollmer's just a rookie that... but when he was in, just look at the time Tom was getting. Actually floating over to his right at times because HE COULD.
The man is a roadgrader right after Logan Mankins heart.

Yeah I dont care good of a coach BB is, hes dumb if Kaczur takes over at RT over Vollmer.

Not necessarily a first or second round pick, but Koppen gets manhandled too much.

I don't know why MGTeich says that but I agree with you. Koppen does get eaten up too much especially for a guy who is responsible ( at least somewhat) for the point of attack.
I guess there's more to being a center than blocking.
He is very reliable with the shotgun hike, though.
And he comes with a low price tag.
I guess those are his saving graces.

Yeah I dont care good of a coach BB is, hes dumb if Kaczur takes over at RT over Vollmer.

No. Coach is not dumb obviously. That's why Vollmer will start over Kaczur.
And I will not lose my cookies.

I don't know why MGTeich says that but I agree with you. Koppen does get eaten up too much especially for a guy who is responsible ( at least somewhat) for the point of attack.
I guess there's more to being a center than blocking.
He is very reliable with the shotgun hike, though.
And he comes with a low price tag.
I guess those are his saving graces.

Basically.

This isn't true. he does a pretty good job in the middle. Does he struggle with guys like K Jenkins, sure. But, he has a more than adequate skill set for the type of blocking this team does. He chips well and finds another block and he holds his ground well. Koppen is a good center.

I dont know if this is the best line the Pats have ever had. Light, Neal and Mankins are all getting up there in age and I dont think they are as good as they were earlier in their careers. With that being said I think with all the injuries the OL has had this year they are having a solid year and getting better each week getting back to full strength health wise. BB said last week that last week was the first week he can remember having a completely active OL.

This isn't true. he does a pretty good job in the middle. Does he struggle with guys like K Jenkins, sure. But, he has a more than adequate skill set for the type of blocking this team does. He chips well and finds another block and he holds his ground well. Koppen is a good center.

Oh yeah, he's good at what he does.

But he can be upgraded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes