PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Offensive Line Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think Shaq Diesel is read to start.

With Develin racked up..........I'd love to see him line up at FB.

The S-Train commeth.

Bingo. This is exactly what I was going to say. Mason would be a beast in the backfield. He's not going to help as a receiver but he can protect Brady and be a lead blocker like no other. Watch him come off the line and hit at the second level, he's a destroyer.

Bingo. This is exactly what I was going to say. Mason would be a beast in the backfield. He's not going to help as a receiver but he can protect Brady and be a lead blocker like no other. Watch him come off the line and hit at the second level, he's a destroyer.

Here's hoping they find a way to utilize those talents while he continues to develop as a regular OL for the future.

As we all know, most players will have some type of role that allows them to contribute to this team. My guess is that Mason will be used at times to pull and help spring nice runs, even if he's only used sparingly.

Interesting.

‏@NEPD_Loyko 9m9 minutes ago
#Patriots Rookie OG Stats are fascinating on @PFF Shaq Mason one of the highest rated Run Blockers, Tre Jackson one of the top Pass Blockers

‏@NEPD_Loyko 6m6 minutes ago
Trè Jackson was the only OG this Pre-Season to play over 150 snaps and not allow a sack, hurry, or QB hit.

Particularly the latter. Maybe persisting with these two this year is worth it, that's some pre-season promise.

Shaq definitely knows how to get to the next level on running plays, but on some of them the back-side
wasn't accounted-for. I don't know if that was his fault, or the Center's or the LT's.

I can't speak for Jackson's pass-protection skills, but he was absolutely part of the problem with the futility of the running game. There was no push whatsoever, especially when the impotent turnstile Andrews
disgraced us with his meager presence..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back