PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Offensive Line Appreciation Thread -- Week 2 Chargers

Status
Not open for further replies.

sieglo

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Dominant performance by the offensive line -- AGAIN. Great run blocking, great pass protection. Turned out the lights on the Charger D. Awesome.

Last edited:
I guess they were pretty dominant. A couple of mess-ups, but pretty damn amazing. Especially when you consider that Yates was starting in place of Neal.

The only problem they had was that Light missed picking up Merriman on one play and on another, Yates couldn't slide over to pick up Merriman on the stunt.

They did a great job this week again. Not as good as last week, but last week was perfect. They did do a better job or run blocking this week.

Yeah, I'm not going to complain about the two sacks they gave up to Roidboy.

That said, I'm also impressed that Maroney and Morris both put up >5 YPC. Good job, gentlemen.

P.S. I was also psyched to see them using Welker as a RB on a gadget play. They tried the same thing with Dwightning back in '05, but that went over about as well as a lead balloon.

I guess they were pretty dominant. A couple of mess-ups, but pretty damn amazing. Especially when you consider that Yates was starting in place of Neal.

The only problem they had was that Light missed picking up Merriman on one play and on another, Yates couldn't slide over to pick up Merriman on the stunt.

Agreed, they did have a few mistakes but considering the defense they faced, I think they did a fantastic job. Plus, as you said, they were down one starter.

Logan Mankins....dominating

Did you see that pancake block on fatboy?

he's downright nasty...should be an all-pro...

oops sorry,no Pats get voted for.

Agreed. I did see Yates in there as well. Does anyone know the extent of Neal's injury?

Agreed. I did see Yates in there as well. Does anyone know the extent of Neal's injury?

I believe its his shoulder again. The one that cost him a year back on 2002 (?)...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back