PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Offense

Status
Not open for further replies.

glm

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
The offense had 441 yards and 25 points last night.

How do you think this offense will do this year?

Well, I always wanted to ask the people who thought that we would see 2007 type production out of this offense what they were smoking. I never once thought that would happen. Even at the end of 2007, defenses started to key in on how best to stop us/slow us down.

That said, I think we'll be in the top 3 of total offense again this year. Maybe number 1, judging by the Saints schedule. It all depends on when Brady decides that he wants to air it out down the field more often. If the 4th quarter last night was any indication, we'll be seeing that soon.

They are good enough to put up enough points to win on any Sunday. If they commit to improving the running game, and not give up on it, and get a third WR into the offense (I think it is just as likely to be Edelman as Mr Invisible at this point), the sky is the limit. They did keep 5 RBs, 6 guards, draft Vollmer, and get a blocking tight end for a reason.

Not worried in the least about the O. Dominated the game and still had tonnes of room for improvement. More shotgun throwing, the better. Let the RBs be blockers.

The Offense is going to be just fine, than you very much...

To be frank, I really don't care so much about the numbers the team puts up. It's the W's that count, and however they get them, blow-out, or ugly, gunslinging or pig-wrestling, I don't care. Just get the W's, and everything else will be fine. :cool:

Brady named O player of the week...

Not worried in the least about the O. Dominated the game and still had tonnes of room for improvement. More shotgun throwing, the better. Let the RBs be blockers.

You should be more worried about that old, slow depleted defense.

I wasn't surprised with the cobwebs needing to be blown out by Brady and the offense. I was really surprised at the production in the last 5 minutes of the fourth though.

The offense will be no where near the 2007 team, however I still seeing it being a top 3 offense. I wouldn't mind a return to smash mouth football running the ball straight at the d-line, but I think those days may be over.

I think the O will be ok but I think Matt Light might need a little help when he gos against the top players in the league.

I think the D will get better week to week, but it will be a good test this coming weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes