Not open for further replies.

mgteich

PatsFans.com Veteran
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
TEN OPENINGS

QB need 1 (a #3)
RB/FB need 2 (we have two plus a STer)
WR need 4 (we have Branch for another year)
OL need 2 (Neal and Ashworth or their replacements)
TE need 1 (Fauria or replacement, we have Graham for another year)

This draft is very deep at RB and, unlike other positions, RBs can usualyy start right away.
What is Givens situation with his contact, RFA or UFA?
I don't see the Pats drafting a WR high. I am becoming more and more convinced that the WR is is the most overrated position in football, unless of course you have a Steve Smith.
With Watson & Graham I think you all are set with TE.
#3 QBs can be taken in the last round, or maybe a vet. CAssel actually looks promising.
OL is where I think the Pats really need help. It was pretty amazing that they were able to get awy with a buch of undrafted and lower round players for so long.

In the draft I think Pats go RB, OL, CB.

Last edited:
I see maybee Fauira and Dwight resigned. We still we sign a vet qb, bellichick wants a vet for insurance, look for maybee Damon Huard, though Jay Fiedler looks likley... We need 2 to 3 wr , and another o line man...

Also I agree with getting 1 more Rb, I would rather a vet rb, than another 3rd round pick..

Givens is a UFA. We have no RFA's.

ClosingTime said:
This draft is very deep at RB and, unlike other positions, RBs can usualyy start right away.
I don't see the Pats drafting a WR high. I am becoming more and more convinced that the WR is is the most overrated position in football, unless of course you have a Steve Smith.
#3 QBs can be taken in the last round, or maybe a vet. CAssel actually looks promising.
OL is where I think the Pats really need help. It was pretty amazing that they were able to get awy with a buch of undrafted and lower round players for so long.

I'd kinda like to use our 2nd rounder on a RB....it'd cost os Lendale White, but I want to see the first rounder used on either a CB or a LB.

ClosingTime said:

1. what does it mean that RB's can usually start right away?
2. what Pat fan doesn't know Givens status?
3. if you know anything about steve smith, he has had two solid career years. the rest were injury plagued. that is 2/5. congrats on the great year, but it is one year.
4. your getting away with the Oline statement is totally ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye