PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Off The Grid Presents: Worst Mock EVER!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
thnx,this was interesting.

Thoughtful work as usual.

Thanks for the "food" for thought the day before it begins.

Indeed, I do not aim higher than "Food for Thought", as we all have our particular outlook on things, and I would never presume to foist my deliciously twisted view of the world on others: I only aspire to provide a thoughtfull perspective that gives them something to consider. So I am indeed gratefull for your words, my friend. Thank you. :cool:

Wow !!

Even if people don't agree with the picks they can't be anything but impressed with the effort that's gone into your posts.

Thank you very kindly, my friend. :cool:

Amazing effort sir, appreciate the work involved. I think you liked my work in the mock draft game for the Pats, I really do.;)

Hmm??

I haven't actually participated in any of those games, but I'm sure I DID like your work VERY much. :D

thnx,this was interesting.

Thanks, man.

Wow. A lot of work went into that one! I gotta say that I love the picks, love your understanding of roster building, great fits, and great value. It's impossible they'll ever draft that many players, but it's a great demonstration of your unhealthy absorption of info. As always, that was highly entertaining. I'd watch ads for content like that.

Outstanding effort brother Grid.

Outstanding effort brother Grid.

Awesome. Thank you, Brother Blue. :cool:

Wow. A lot of work went into that one! I gotta say that I love the picks, love your understanding of roster building, great fits, and great value. It's impossible they'll ever draft that many players, but it's a great demonstration of your unhealthy absorption of info. As always, that was highly entertaining. I'd watch ads for content like that.

Delicious praise, Brother Jay.

Thank ye kindly. :D

Expanded 69 Man Roster ~ new CBA

After Camp Cuts + Trades

Offense

Quarter Back

Tom Brady
Brian Hoyer
Ricky Stanzi
Greg McElroy

Offensive Line

LT ~ Matt Light
LG ~ Logan Mankins
OC ~ Dan Koppen
RG ~ Dan Connolly
RT ~ Sebastian Vollmer

OG ~ Ben Ijalana
OG ~ Jason Pinkston
OG ~ Nick Kaczur

OT ~ David Mims
OT ~ Willie Smith
OT ~ Steve Maneri

Tight Ends

TE ~ Alge Crumpler
TE ~ Will Yeatman

WB ~ Rob Gronkowski
WB ~ Jordan Cameron
WB ~ Brett Brackett

WE ~ Aaron Hernandez
WE ~ Lance Kendricks

Running Backs

PB ~ Jamie Harper
PB ~ Mario Fannin

RB ~ Shane Vereen
RB ~ Graig Cooper

TB ~ Danny WoodHead
TB ~ Taiwan Jones

Wide Receivers

SR ~ Wes Welker
WR ~ Deion Branch

WR ~ Brandon Tate
WR ~ Taylor Price
SR ~ Julian Edelman

Defense

Defensive Line

LE ~ Kenrick Ellis
NT ~ Vince Wilfork
DE ~ Justin Watt

DL ~ Ron Brace
DE ~ Ty Warren
DE ~ Marcus Stroud
DT ~ Myron Pryor
DT ~ Colby WhitLock
DE ~ Kade Weston

Flankers

DF ~ Jermaine Cunningham
DF ~ Rob Ninkovich
DF ~ Mathias Kiwanuka
DF ~ Greg Romeus
DF ~ Eric Moore
DF ~ Craig Marshall
DF ~ Christian Anthony

Mid Fielders

MF ~ Jerod Mayo
MF ~ Brandon Spikes
MF ~ Gary Guyton
MF ~ Dane Fletcher

Safeties

SS ~ Pat Chung
FS ~ Brandon Meriweather
RB ~ DeAndre McDaniel
FS ~ James Sanders

SS ~ Sergio Brown
FS ~ Brett Lockett

Corner Backs

CB ~ Devin McCourty
CB ~ Leigh Bodden

CB ~ Curtis Marsh
CB ~ Ryan Jones
CB ~ DeMarcus Van Dyke
CB ~ Kyle Arrington
CB ~ Darius Butler

Special Teams

K ~ Steve Gostkowski
P ~ Zoltan Mesko
S ~ Matt Cthulhu

Seriously, man, you've got issues. Bless your soul:D

WOW. Love the effort, enthusiasm and creativity. This is exactly why I like you OTG, you are completely INSANE, I love it. Thanks for sharing.

23 draft picks?

12142010probasco1.png

Some crazy ideas, appreciate the effort.

At least he managed to get a pick in the first two rounds this time. . . . :rolleyes:

Care to explain your bizarre and fact-******ant statement?

I won't hold my breath...:rolleyes:

4 TE sets. Preach it brother! :rocker:

While I commend your enjoyment of the forums and the draft, I wonder what you actually do the remainder of the day? ;)

I see the pats needs as few and acquiring more picks, esp later in the draft won't get this team over the hump.
What you've done is taken the Pats strength of the draft and diluted it.

I know you like these "out of the box ideas", and its fun to pretend it could happen but truth be told.. Don't reinvent the wheel and sometimes its better to keep it simple.

I like to move for Watts, a definite need on our team.. But I like Jordan.

WOW. Love the effort, enthusiasm and creativity. This is exactly why I like you OTG, you are completely INSANE, I love it. Thanks for sharing.

True: I have long since let slip the burden of Sanity. :rocker:

Thank you, my Brother. :D

23 draft picks?

12142010probasco1.png

Some crazy ideas, appreciate the effort.

NICE.
jester.gif

While I commend your enjoyment of the forums and the draft, I wonder what you actually do the remainder of the day? ;)

I'm a Night Auditor. I have a LOT of leisure time at Work. :)

I see the pats needs as few and acquiring more picks, esp later in the draft won't get this team over the hump. What you've done is taken the Pats strength of the draft and diluted it.

You're mistaken.

What I've done is taken our strength and leveraged it.

I've done my homework and found a LOAD of prospects whose UpSides ~ and Probabilities of Success ~ DWARF their Market Values.

The team I've crafted ~ as you would know if you did your homework on those same players ~ would ~ given a little time to develop ~ rain TERROR on the rest of the league.

The D Line would become TERRIFYING.

The Back 8 would wreak HAVOC.

The O Line would begin to transform into a Rolling Wall of DEATH.

The Tight End Crew would ANNIHILATE Defenses.

And the first 8 weeks of 2007 would seem, by comparison, like a grim struggle for survival.

I consider the notion that there isn't a ton of room for Draft Picks to impact our 53 man Roster ~ more like 64-66 with the Practice Squad + Shadow Roster ~ to be pure Urban Legend.

The real urban legend is that a player that starts the year on the depth chart below the gameday active 45 will contribute significantly that year. Not impossible, but I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for it to happen.

I’m not trying to build a 45 man Roster: I’m trying to build a 60 man Roster.

You do realize you have to cut anyone who doesn't make the top 53, don't you? That means anyone can claim your most excellent draft picks without cost.

66, really, including the Shadow Roster.

"Shadow Roster" is a euphemism for unemployed. Couple of interesting aspects of the unemployed:
a) They are unemployed for a reason...meaning they couldn't find gainful employment in a league with 1700 positions. And that doesn't count other leagues.
b) They don't get paid, meaning this is not a place people want to be.

And I’m going to say 69, allowing for a little expansion with the new CBA.

The owners offered one additional roster spot in exchange for an 18 game season. With the 2 extra games off the table, you think the owners will cough up 3 additional roster spots?

Perhaps more, if the CBA changes that, as well it might.

Only if the owners are abducted by aliens and replaced by Paris Hilton clones.

I realize you are having fun and I don't mean to pee in your oatmeal, but I'm not sure people appreciate the logistics around managing a roster. You need to develop players or they quickly become useless. This development requires practice reps and eventually game reps. Coaching and practice time is finite and must be prioritized.

I've said the same things about people who want a WR depth chart that goes 6-7 deep with high draft picks and established vets. It sounds good but is completely impractical. It is easy to ignore this on mock drafts that involve trading down to get dozens of players. Luckily Belichick has a much firmer grip on reality.

So basically, every athletic late round pick has the potential to be a stud. Good to know.

The real urban legend is that a player that starts the year on the depth chart below the gameday active 45 will contribute significantly that year. Not impossible, but I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for it to happen.

You do realize you have to cut anyone who doesn't make the top 53, don't you? That means anyone can claim your most excellent draft picks without cost.

"Shadow Roster" is a euphemism for unemployed. Couple of interesting aspects of the unemployed:
a) They are unemployed for a reason...meaning they couldn't find gainful employment in a league with 1700 positions. And that doesn't count other leagues.
b) They don't get paid, meaning this is not a place people want to be.

The owners offered one additional roster spot in exchange for an 18 game season. With the 2 extra games off the table, you think the owners will cough up 3 additional roster spots?

Only if the owners are abducted by aliens and replaced by Paris Hilton clones.

I realize you are having fun and I don't mean to pee in your oatmeal, but I'm not sure people appreciate the logistics around managing a roster. You need to develop players or they quickly become useless. This development requires practice reps and eventually game reps. Coaching and practice time is finite and must be prioritized.

I've said the same things about people who want a WR depth chart that goes 6-7 deep with high draft picks and established vets. It sounds good but is completely impractical. It is easy to ignore this on mock drafts that involve trading down to get dozens of players. Luckily Belichick has a much firmer grip on reality.

You made many assumptions, my friend, the vast majority of which were dead wrong.

I didn't cover every last bit of minutia simply because it's boring to do so.

Folks with a "firm grip on reality" ask questions, rather than make vapid assumptions based entirely on their own fevered imaginations.

I am having fun: The only oatmeal you pissed in was your own. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey