Welcome to PatsFans.com

Odrick owned Mankins

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by cstjohn17, Oct 28, 2013.

1. cstjohn17

cstjohn17 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +32 / 11 / -4

#54 Jersey

This is an over simplification but there are some large scale breakdowns when a DT goes through the line untouched. This happened a couple of times yesterday.

The entire offense is terribly inconsistent WR, OLine, TE, RB, Coaching. Hopefully they can pull it together before Brady gets killed.
  2. VrabelJr

VrabelJr Rookie

Ratings:
    +70 / 1 / -0

Mankins has been incredibly pedestrian this year. He hasn't even been showing up in the run game as much as he used to. I don't think DTs are even scared of him anymore.
  3. Sicilian

Sicilian Rookie

Ratings:
    +219 / 1 / -2

I'll still take my chances with him at LG over most other guys. He's still the leader of the line, at least from an energy standpoint. He got beat on those plays, but who knows what his assignments are, given that the other two interior guys to his right are below average.
  4. BelizePats

BelizePats Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

Unfortunately this is accurate. When your most experienced lineman is playing poorly, the Oline is going to be shaky. Mankins was a weak link yesterday and that is quite alarming!!
  5. patsox23

patsox23 Rookie

Ratings:
    +9 / 1 / -0

The entire OL has been a problem this season. Wildly inconsistent, and only now starting to get attention as a big issues for the O so far.
  6. Snake Eyes

Snake Eyes Rookie

Ratings:
    +110 / 12 / -8

So the GOAT QB is getting beaten to a pulp yet BB doesn't want to invest in the O-line:rolleyes:
  7. Marinlik

Marinlik Rookie

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -1

When I watched the All-22 tape I thought that Mankins was by far our best inside blocker and that he made some really crucial blocks to open up holes for the runners.
  8. Gronkandez

Gronkandez Rookie

Ratings:
    +17 / 1 / -6

He also appeared to miss the blitzer on the Dobson TD. Granted the blitzer came around from the other side so it wasn't easy to diagnose but he missed him nonetheless.
  9. PatsFan2

PatsFan2 Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Not to mention Mankins timely holding calls that negates Big plays and TD's.:rolleyes: I am sure BB is going to evaluate his play over the offseason to see if he's worth what he's getting. It wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't improve, Mankins will be cap casualty next year.
  10. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +877 / 16 / -24

No Jersey Selected

He got by him on a couple of plays. Mankins didn't get "owned". From what I saw, he absolutely dominated his man in the second half and most of the runs that went to his side sprung for nice gains. Mankins' performance this season is mostly tied to who he's playing next to. Wendell is simply too undersized to be a starting center in the NFL and needs to be upgraded in the offseason. If you're looking for a weak link on the OL, start at Wendell then move over to Connolly.
  11. JackBauer

JackBauer On the Roster

Ratings:
    +270 / 6 / -4

Do you figure they paid Vollmer in Monopoly money?
  12. ATippett56

ATippett56 Rookie

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0

Bill Belichick doesn't want to invest in the offensive line?

Two first round draft picks and a second round draft pick is not enough?
  13. Fixit

Fixit Rookie

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0

No prime Anthony Munoz, though. Duh.
  14. Snake Eyes

Snake Eyes Rookie

Ratings:
    +110 / 12 / -8

Look at the results on the field and tell me if it's enough, there was plenty of very good O-line talent in this and other drafts but BB has not gone after them.

It's the interior part of the line that needs the most help and also what BB hasn't been properly investing in. If you have one of the best QBs of all time why would you "protect" him with a line that gets him beaten to a pulp?
  15. ATippett56

ATippett56 Rookie

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0

Aside from Ryan Wendell, that's a bunch of bull.

Nate Solder has played like crap this season especially in pass protection, and has not lived up to his first round draft status.
  16. Snake Eyes

Snake Eyes Rookie

Ratings:
    +110 / 12 / -8

Ok, let's just go with this idea, I think that means my original point is true.

Wendell is weak, Mankins has been very underwhelming, and Connely is meh at RG (I prefer him at Center).

Better beef is needed on the O-line!
  17. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The entire O-Line operates as unit. When the unit isn't playing well, then individuals won't look as good as they normally would if the unit was playing efficiently.

Mankins has been inconsistent this season, but so has the entire unit as a whole.
  18. Snake Eyes

Snake Eyes Rookie

Ratings:
    +110 / 12 / -8

True, but that unit is also limited by how effective the individual players, a chain being as strong as the weakest link and all.
  19. mgteich

mgteich PatsFans.com Veteran PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +211 / 14 / -2

Fine analysis

I see you are relatively new here. Welcome! BTW, please note that there are many posters who spend most of their posts criticizing the offensive line and the offensive coordinator. Actual play makes little difference. This has been the case for at least a dozen years.

20. Avenger

Avenger Rookie

Ratings:
    +77 / 4 / -1

#11 Jersey

Isn't Mankins the highest paid OG?