PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Odell Beckham vs Marquisse Lee

SalemPats

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
I have a feeling if we want either one of these guys we can probably get them (either by trading up) or they'll be there late in the 1st round. Beckham is that protypical outside WR, not sure if his hands are good enough, but he'll play tough, good on curls and slants. I haven't seen that much of Lee (is he a flake?).

I have a feeling if we want either one of these guys we can probably get them (either by trading up) or they'll be there late in the 1st round. Beckham is that protypical outside WR, not sure if his hands are good enough, but he'll play tough, good on curls and slants. I haven't seen that much of Lee (is he a flake?).

BB has never drafted a first round WR and after having added three rookies last year, I'd be surprised if he changed that this year.

But if I had to choose, I'd go with Beckham.

BB has never drafted a first round WR and after having added three rookies last year, I'd be surprised if he changed that this year.

But if I had to choose, I'd go with Beckham.

I don't want a WR on day 1 or 2. But Beckham is the closest thing to Percy Harvin since Percy Harvin.

I don't want a WR on day 1 or 2. But Beckham is the closest thing to Percy Harvin since Percy Harvin.

I really think they will add to WR with a free agent, whether its Edelman or someone else.

Beckham IMO is the 2nd most electric player in this draft after DeAnthony Thomas. Would love to see him in this offense but we have more pressing needs.

Beckham in a landslide.

Put me down for a Lee, very explosive player.

Lee is better than Beckham by far, howver NE has bigger needs than WR IMO

Lee is better than Beckham by far,

I'm not so sure.

Percentage of catches 20+

Lee: 3.51% :eek:

Beckham 17.54%

Lee actually dropped more long passes (3) than he caught (2)

Drop %

Lee: 12.31%

Beckham: 6.45%

I'm not saying that Beckam is better or that Lee is not good, just pointing out that there's legitimate reason to think that Lee is not in fact "better than Beckham, by far"

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cfb/46006/349/peshek-top-4-wr-metrics

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cfb/46136/349/peshek-wr-metrics-20

Blue star likes mike davis of texas.

Perhaps Brandin Cooks belongs in this conversation as well?

Odell Beckham > Brandin Cooks

Hmmm. That's a debate worth having. Not saying you are wrong but I'm not convinced. As a pure WR I might agree but I think Cooks is the bigger threat with the ball in his hand.

I would be happy with Beckham or Cooks at 29. Ideally a slight trade down and pick one up in the late 30s though. I've fallen for Cooks big time.

Odell Beckham > Brandin Cooks > Marqise Lee.

Hmmm. That's a debate worth having. Not saying you are wrong but I'm not convinced. As a pure WR I might agree but I think Cooks is the bigger threat with the ball in his hand.

Bump. I'm sticking with my order. Cooks has been a very good deep threat, but Beckham looks like Antonio Brown with DeSean Jackson/TY Hilton speed and Percy Harvin versatility (without being a head case). He looks like a special receiver to me.

Beckham had a good day yesterday but I'm not rushing to judgement based upon half a season. Not that I think it matters that much - they are both going to be good. Beckham sure looked good yesterday and I was always a fan anyway. The one that has impressed me is Jarvis Landry. Considering how poor his timed athleticism was, he's really established himself for the Dolphins.

but I think Cooks is the bigger threat with the ball in his hand.

Only once in his career has Julian Edelman had a better rushing average than Brandin Cooks and Edelman is pretty good with ball in hand has this season (11.3 yards per carry) and Edelman is pretty good with ball in hand so I'll stick with that assessment of Cooks.

Anyway, Mike Evans will be the dominant receiver from this class.

Anyway, Mike Evans will be the dominant receiver from this class.

Not sure about that, though I think he'll be good. Watkins-Evans-Beckham-Cooks-Benjamin are all looking solid right now.

And the stats for my personal favorite receiving prospect, Cody Latimer: 1 reception for 9 yards. As you say, half a season is too early, and right now Latimer is stuck down on the Denver WR depth chart. I do wonder what their offense would look like if they replaced Welker with Latimer, though.

Not sure about that, though I think he'll be good. Watkins-Evans-Beckham-Cooks-Benjamin are all looking solid right now.

And the stats for my personal favorite receiving prospect, Cody Latimer: 1 reception for 9 yards. As you say, half a season is too early, and right now Latimer is stuck down on the Denver WR depth chart. I do wonder what their offense would look like if they replaced Welker with Latimer, though.

It's best not to suggest it. Even here. You never know who's reading. Let them wallow in their ignorance.

The WR draft class was as good as advertised. I'd throw Martavis Bryant into the mix as well.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back