PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ode to the Orange Bowl, sor of OT , but Pats related

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Pa Patriot

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
This is the last game for the Orange Bowl. And as a Pats fans , many of us had not so many great memories down there

1978- Fairbanks was fired before the game and we get clubbed
1980- MNF John Lennon was shot when we played Miami
1982- Lost a playoff game 28-13

And who could forget the 52-0 clubbing we took in 1972.. ( Remember that one Shula)

But 2 great memories were Pats related, and for the Dolphins I dont think they have recovered from

1985 AFC title game - 31-14.. Eason was marginal at best, but did not have to be perfect.. Running game, defense and a mud field led to our first AFC title game- Squish the fish

1986 - The last ever game played at the orange bowl, and guess who won that game... Pats beat the fish 34-27 for the Afc East title game... Grogan to Morgan for the win, one of my fav games of all time...

so when the orange bowl closes its doors today, think of the Pats, because they won the last playoff game and the last game ever played there.. You can also argue Miami has never really recoverd since playing there .. Miami has only won 6 playoff games since 1985 , the Patriots have won 15 and had 4 super bowl apperence. 5 AFC title games.. Remember when the Pats could never win and that stadium and Miami was the team to beat always, my how times have changes for us long Pats fans...

I remember that last game of the 1986 season very very well. My first big win as a Pats fan. Eason throws a pick, gets hurt, and then Grogan comes in. Couldn't run that year, so of course in that game it was Run, Run, Run, Run, TD Grogan to Morgan!

I thinks a good idea to get out my copy of that AFC championship game. Love to find a copy of that 1986 MNF game there though.

I bet Brady has some good memories of the place.

He played his last college game there. He set the Orange Bowl record for passing yards: 33-46 369 yds, 4 TD's, 0 INT's and led a comeback to win in OT vs Shaun Alexander and Alabama in a shootout.

I bet Brady has some good memories of the place.

He played his last college game there. He set the Orange Bowl record for passing yards: 33-46 369 yds, 4 TD's, 0 INT's and led a comeback to win in OT vs Shaun Alexander and Alabama in a shootout.

1996 was the last game at the Orange Bowl, for the Orange Bowl.. That game was played at joe robbie pro player dolphin park stadium what ever its called now..

Actually the last game will be a high school all-star game January 4th. After that the city will have the wrecking ball ready.

Today will be UM's last game. The next 3 weeks Florida Int'l has home games there.

And who could forget the 52-0 clubbing we took in 1972.. ( Remember that one Shula) .

I remember that game well. The Pats were down 38-0 when Shula had the backup QB Jim Del Gazo throw 2 TDs passes in the 4th quarter - and both were deep throws.

But Saint Shula has annointed forgiveness to himself and has proclaimed this incident to have never taken place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back