PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Odd Question??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Pa Patriot

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
If you had a chance to go to the game would you go??? No let me add this to it, you live 5 and half hrs away, you work till 1:00 am , then you leave at 4:00 am drive up to the game, after the game you drive back and then have to go to work at 12 noon monday , now would you do it , or go to a bar to watch the game... That is the dilema I face, as I am going myself..

If you had a chance to go to the game would you go??? No let me add this to it, you live 5 and half hrs away, you work till 1:00 am , then you leave at 4:00 am drive up to the game, after the game you drive back and then have to go to work at 12 noon monday , now would you do it , or go to a bar to watch the game... That is the dilema I face, as I am going myself..

It's a new year, you don't have any PTO to use??

Use some PTO, and GO TO THE GAME!! lol. I'd probably kill to see a playoff game in person. Well, not kill, but I'd do something bad.

If you can get the time off then go, esp if you have never been to an NFL playoff game. Can't beat it.

But if you have to work, then spend the gas money on a good pre or post game meal, whichever you prefer.

I'd say you are a true fan. I am going to San Diego to watch the Pats beat the Chargers either next week or the AFC Championship. It's 2 hours away (not quite like your dilemma) but it will be enemy territory and the Charger fans can be extremely obnoxious, (women Charger fans yelling at my 70 year old father in law because he was with me).

I say go for it...you can sleep when you die, right?

That's a great dilemma actually.

Mine is worse. I live in NY and have only seen certain games on TV (friends and family are all Jets/Giants fans - not the problem) this year. Each game including preseason that I have watched this season the Patriots have lost.

It's playoff time, I HAVE to watch the game this Sunday. Or is my watching them this season the reason the Pats have lost? My Jetsfans friends are demanding I watch the game with them (of course!) and if I refuse, am I cowardly or just frighteningly superstitious?

You go to the game!

If you bring someone, you guys can sleep in shifts in the car if sleeping is that big of an issue.

You'll be so excited you won't be able to sleep though.
it's not a tough one at all.

You can always bring energy drinks and crap if you need to stay up.

If you're not driving, you catch up on your sleep while enroute to the game.

Of course you would have to convince whomever you're going with that its not safe for you drive because of lack of sleep.

Yeah, WTH. If you can stay awake for the 5.5 hr. drive, go for it. I have a PT job that I need to be at by 4:30 a.m. There has been many a night game that I've gotten home at 3:30, crashed on the couch for 45 minutes and dragged my sorry @$$ into the PT job then onto the real job for 8 hrs. Mrs.CTPF isn't very understanding or sympathetic about it either.

It's a helluva long day for you though. 2 hrs. by myself back to CT is about the limit for me and you've got over 2.5 times that to do. OTOH the playoff atmosphere is an experience like no other game!

If you can't figure out the answer to this easy question yourself, you aren't a real Patriots fan. :D

If I were you, I would try to meet up with another Pats fan 1/2 through your trek so you could catch some sleep on the way back to your meeting area.

I live 10 hours away up in New Brunswick, Canada and was fortunate enough to get tickets. There is no way in the world I would miss this game. To me, the 20 hours of driving and a sick day at work is worth the playoff experience.

Wow thanks for the advice... I think Im going to take the plunge , Ive been to 4 Playoff games ( 96 Pitt , 97 Mia and at Pitt, 2002 AFC Title game against Pitt) .. I think im going to go.. By the way , I dont get PTO, Im a rest manager , and do not have that luxury... So this would be one of my 2 days off.

It's playoff time, I HAVE to watch the game this Sunday. Or is my watching them this season the reason the Pats have lost? My Jetsfans friends are demanding I watch the game with them (of course!) and if I refuse, am I cowardly or just frighteningly superstitious?

Too many questions. Just pray about it, ask your conscience, and then go with it. If your heart is in the right place, it won't matter where you are!

;)

//

That's not a dilemma. The answer is simple. YES. You go. You can sleep in the car, unless you are the one stuck driving. Also, I'd look into the possibility of flying into providence and getting a car. Could actually be cheaper than wasting the 5 hours driving.

Ive done the drive so many times , its just a last minute thing that I could go, because I thought I had to work.. Its easy descion so Im going to end up goin, more than likely, hard when you go yourself though..

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back