PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Odd man (men ?) out ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TruthSeeker

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Holy cow, after the Moss trade, we have an incredible amount of WR's. So it loos like this:

Moss
Stallworth
Welker
Jackson
Washington
Caldwell
Gafney
Brown (maybe)
Kight
Childress

I really don't see Kight & Childress making it, and I don't see us resigning Brown. I think Jackson goes on the PUP or IR. There is a caveat, we now have 3 NEW receivers, and many a receiver have struggled with our playbook. But if this works out, the top 6 (IMO) of Moss, Stallworth, Welker, Washington, Caldwell & Gafney has to be the deepest most talented in the league. Holy crap !!

i say open competition at training camp. Best man wins and plays

they already said they will resign Brown. I'd say Washington should be worried.

they already said they will resign Brown. I'd say Washington should be worried.

I love Troy Brown (in a non-gay way, lol), I really do, but Washington really intrigues me. Can you imagine the red zone offense with talented tall men like Moss, Watson, Washington, and then speedy guys like Stallworth and Welker, and add David Thomas. Yikes, if we can protect Brady, it's going to be a very tough offense to stop.

jackson will start out on IR and depending upon how the WR evolves over the season, he just may stay there for the year.

Caldwell
Gafney
Kight
Childress

IMO are gone

Caldwell & Gafney made good progress thu-out the season. At least one of the two will make it, if not both. Lets see how the health of the WR crew is during the off-season and training camp.

I think we keep Moss, Stallworth, Welker and Caldwell, with everyone else fighting for the 5th spot, except Jackson goes to IR for the year, with the hope that he can come back next year.

jackson will start out on IR and depending upon how the WR evolves over the season, he just may stay there for the year.

IR no because then he wouldn't be eligible to return until the 2008 season. PUP is probably what you mean, since it would only mean he's gone for the first 6 games.

I think we keep Moss, Stallworth, Welker and Caldwell, with everyone else fighting for the 5th spot, except Jackson goes to IR for the year, with the hope that he can come back next year.

I forgot to say Troy Brown has the inside track on the 5th spot as long as he is in good shape following surgery.

Probably start Jackson on PUP, keep 6 including

Moss, stallworth, welker, caldwell, gaffney, washington..

then one of them will probably be on IR by week 6 and bring back Jackson.

I don't really understand signing 4 new WRs this year. How can there be room for all of them?

Why do they need Moss if they have Stallworth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back