PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

O'Connell gives us a better chance to win [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: OConnell give us a better chance to win

Dear God I was joking when i posted this thread.

Are Patriot fans really this bad???????

I would have thought the panic during the exhibition season would have already answered that question for you.

I would have thought the panic during the exhibition season would have already answered that question for you.

I feel shame tonight. ha!

No, you're probably just an idiot. It's not only reasonable but likely that the rookie gets a shot by week 8 if Cassel, a lame duck replacement, continued to struggle. When this happens, lets be sure to revisit this thread.

Here's how i look at it. The Patriots have this thing called a depth chart and practices. The QB the coaching staff feels is the best at this position in this offense will be there.

They pretty much know what they are doing...they have won a couple trophies and have seen this kinda thing b4

This is somewhat true, but in reality the last time they saw this kinda BS was when Brady was on the sidelines waiting on MoLewis to crunch Drew...
Brady was Brady in that week of practice too, obviously they thought Drew was the better QB.......

Well, I can see why you're kidding but, on a serious note, if games like today start becoming more and more commonplace this season, I don't see why it would hurt to insert O'Connell at some point in the season. Why not see what he's got so when the time comes to make a decision about Tommy's replacement QB (or whether or not he should be resigned), we won't be in the dark?

Atleast OConnell could throw the deep bomb to Moss.

Which is the only thing that will get us more than one td a game this year

Question: what year did you start rooting for this team?

I'm not sure what team you normally root for, but you're boring me with this crap. Go back to where you came from :banned:

So, you think that putting O'Connell in as a starter will fix the issues that the O-line has? What about the defense and its getting burned by the same play 4 different times and each time it resulted in a TD?

You remind me of that Bugs Bunny Cartoon where Bugs was mouthing off at the baseball game about how well he'd do.. Hmm.. Wait a second, I'm probably showing my age with that reference. Your dad might not have been born when that was being shown on TV.

So, you think that putting O'Connell in as a starter will fix the issues that the O-line has? What about the defense and its getting burned by the same play 4 different times and each time it resulted in a TD?

You remind me of that Bugs Bunny Cartoon where Bugs was mouthing off at the baseball game about how well he'd do.. Hmm.. Wait a second, I'm probably showing my age with that reference. Your dad might not have been born when that was being shown on TV.

Right, but then Bugs went out there and kicked butt. (I saw it as a repeat in the '80s.) So maybe that IS the solution: send briz or killem out there.

I agree and said yesetrday in the game thread that even Joe Montana wouldnt have won us that game. The OL were dreadful in run blocking and worse in pass blocking. Cassel hasd about 2 seconds to get it off. Compare with Brady who had all day last year to pick off recievers

Even if the OL didnt collapse sdo badly we would still have needed 40 odd points to beat them because the defense were owned

Cassel wasnt great but he was one of a very bad bunch

If we play like that again were going to struggle for 8-8

This is somewhat true, but in reality the last time they saw this kinda BS was when Brady was on the sidelines waiting on MoLewis to crunch Drew...
Brady was Brady in that week of practice too, obviously they thought Drew was the better QB.......

At the time maybe Drew was better...wait you are not saying BB put in an inferior QB at the risk of 52 players? Tell me you are not saying that. Or are you saying DB was the organization's choice and fan pressure made the decision for BB?

Re: Kevin O'Connell must be the starter!!!!!!!!!

I expect a QB to be signed or traded for this week.
Lots of people did. They think Cassel hasn't done a good job so far and that BB won't stand for his level of play.

They fail to realize Cassel is doing much better than BB expected, and certainly is satisfactory if BB's eyes.

Those who think that BB will replace Cassel because his second start was bad should look at Tom Brady's stats for his second start (coincidentally also vs Miami). They weren't nearly as good as Cassel's, and BB had a solid veteran on the roster, and yet he stayed with Brady.

The major problem on offensive right now is the offensive line.

Right now they are headed towards a 50 sack season. If their

performance does not improve, Matt Cassel is in for a long

season with little chance of success. At some point Belichick

might pull Cassel and try O'Connell. O'Connell played last year behind

a lousy offensive line. He can scramble better and throw on the run.

He led his college team in rushing one year. This would be a desperate

move by Belichick.

Re: Kevin O'Connell must be the starter!!!!!!!!!

Lots of people did. They think Cassel hasn't done a good job so far and that BB won't stand for his level of play.

They fail to realize Cassel is doing much better than BB expected, and certainly is satisfactory if BB's eyes.

Those who think that BB will replace Cassel because his second start was bad should look at Tom Brady's stats for his second start (coincidentally also vs Miami). They weren't nearly as good as Cassel's, and BB had a solid veteran on the roster, and yet he stayed with Brady.

It's no use, Spacecrime, they can't hear ya. They're all listening to "CasselaintBrady FM" at full volume.

maybe he does. who knows for sure.

I'd like to think O'Connell being drafted in the third round says something about how ready they think he is to back up Brady. I think we can all agree that Cassell's play, while efficient and mostly mistake free, wouldn't have been good enough for the playoffs last year. I'm going to assume the same about Gutierrez, even though many here, including myself, thought he looked better.

If the O-Line is, and continues to be, the problem, then I expect to see O'Connell getting more and more reps behind Cassell. If, on the other hand, Cassell is the problem and doesn't get better, then I expect to see O'Connell starting soon. Either way, I expect to see Cassell attempt to go deep to Moss before any switch occurs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes