Ochocinco Tweets “PePe and Bill #EPIC.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Va_Pats_Fan

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Ochoc Tweets.

Father Time is starting to catch up with Ochocinco slowly but surely. On top of that, he would have to tone down his demeanor big time if he wants to come here. If Bill would sit Welker down in the beginning of a playoff game for making foot references to the media, imagine what would happen with Ochocinco. On top of that, he would have to change his last name again.

No thank you. Guy has too much baggage.way too much baggage for me to feel comfortable bringing him here.

I just want to bring back the chants of Larry! Larry!Larry!Larry! back to New England like the good ole days.

Larry Fitzgerald baby.That's what we need.

No, he's not what we need, he's old and he has a big ego which is not what this team is about.

No thank you. Guy has too much baggage.way too much baggage for me to feel comfortable bringing him here.

I just want to bring back the chants of Larry! Larry!Larry!Larry! back to New England like the good ole days.

Larry Fitzgerald baby.That's what we need.

Keep dreaming. With Brady's contract, there's no way we're going to be able to afford him.

Pass, get Larry or CJ :cool:

Why would people want him? How could he possibly help the team? No thanks.

Keep dreaming. With Brady's contract, there's no way we're going to be able to afford him.

Yeah I don't see us bringing in a big play deep threat reciever anytime soon. I think the best bet would be getting someone like Gaffney who does mostly intermediate routes but can Stretch the field when the opportunity is available.

Yeah I don't see us bringing in a big play deep threat reciever anytime soon. I think the best bet would be getting someone like Gaffney who does mostly intermediate routes but can Stretch the field when the opportunity is available.

I really don't want to see the team draft a WR in the first round (give me a guard, a center, or a DE... give me fuel, give me fire, give me that which I desire), but if we MUST, I would prefer AJ Green or Julio Jones. While I, as an SEC and Pats fan, believe that Green is the better of the two, Jones is the bigger bodied receiver that fits what we do on offense better.

Yep I agree.
We do not need a deep threat. This offense is amazing when Brady can make quick reads instead of waiting for a deep threat to get open.
Anyone notice how he did that on sunday??....Brady reverted back to his week 2 form.

I really don't want to see the team draft a WR in the first round (give me a guard, a center, or a DE... give me fuel, give me fire, give me that which I desire), but if we MUST, I would prefer AJ Green or Julio Jones. While I, as an SEC and Pats fan, believe that Green is the better of the two, Jones is the bigger bodied receiver that fits what we do on offense better.

AJ Green looks like Randy Moss in College, a man competing against boys. :D I also don't think the team is in a position to spend draft picks considering our other needs, but there's always someone available via trade or FA that isn't a Moss clone and won't break the bank.

Yep I agree.
We do not need a deep threat. This offense is amazing when Brady can make quick reads instead of waiting for a deep threat to get open.
Anyone notice how he did that on sunday??....Brady reverted back to his week 2 form.

No, we need a deep threat. eventually teams figure out the dink and dunk, like the Jets did Sunday. We could still run the same offense we would just have another weapon.

He wouldn't be my first choice, but I think in the right systen OchoCinco might have a year or two left in him. I think his biggest problem is Carson Palmer is trashed and their o-line sucks to not allow him to get down field before Palmer either has to throw or take a sack.

Personally, I would rather have Vincent Jackson (although he is looking for bank), Steve Smith (probably franchised), Malcom Floyd, or James Jones.

No, we need a deep threat. eventually teams figure out the dink and dunk, like the Jets did Sunday. We could still run the same offense we would just have another weapon.

The jets flooded their backfield with defenders and were able to get pressure on Brady with a 4 man rush.

I don't think a deep threat would have had much of an impact Sunday as he would be double covered, he wouldn't help anyone else get open because of the amount of DB's and by the time a deep threat receiver is ready for the ball Brady would have already had to get rid of it due to the pressure the Jets were getting.

The jets flooded their backfield with defenders and were able to get pressure on Brady with a 4 man rush.

I don't think a deep threat would have had much of an impact Sunday as he would be double covered, he wouldn't help anyone else get open because of the amount of DB's and by the time a deep threat receiver is ready for the ball Brady would have already had to get rid of it due to the pressure the Jets were getting.

They blew up our screen plays countless times.....that's a pretty big part of this offense.

I disagree. We have Tate and we have Price. If you look at the combine info on Price...you will notice how quite similar it is to Deshawn (sp?) Jackson. Price is slightly taller and weighs around 10+lbs heavier.

He should contribute next season after his "redshirt" rookie year.

I disagree. We have Tate and we have Price. If you look at the combine info on Price...you will notice how quite similar it is to Deshawn (sp?) Jackson. Price is slightly taller and weighs around 10+lbs heavier.

He should contribute next season after his "redshirt" rookie year.

I haven't given up on these two, Tate showed some signs of promise while Price looked solid in his one appearance but we need somebody who we know can be a successful deep threat. I'm not saying we need Fitz, CJ, or someone from the draft...just somebody who could step in for a year or two while we develop Tate and Price.

I am not saying I endorse this line of thinking, but I will say this:

If you agree with the premise (I do not) that BB needs to lighten up and let his players have more fun, having Ocho on the field might do the trick. Presuming both he and BB have a positive impact on each other. (BB would have to reign Chad in, no question.)

Again, not saying I agree with this. But to those who said it might be time for BB to change up his style, this could certainly be the ticket.

I say go for it. None of our wide outs are demanding double coverage. Unless Tate makes a big jump next year I say give up a 4th round pick and get him.

Three years ago, I would have been all about this. Now, I'm not so sure that he's a stretch-the-field kind of guy, as this article claimed. Still better than any of the edge receivers that we have, so I'd probably take him if the circumstances lined up right, but I don't see how that would realistically happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots