PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ochocinco Gives Reason Why He Has Become OchoStinko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny reading post by people worried about what a player is paid as if it is your money.

Be a fan and leave business decisions and personnel decisions to those that actually have a say.

Pull your team up on Madden and pretend like you have knowledge. Weird how everyone on the internet knows everything!

Yes Im talking to you haters that show u in every Ocho thread, as if constantly crying about Ocho changes anything.

So NO he hasnt played for the patriots.

Who said we have to keep Ocho past training camp?

He wasnt a distraction in 07, your purposely making a totally different argument. He became a distraction in 09 +

Once again, my point was your acting childish and unnecessary.

My point is that you're being obtuse and illogical. To dismiss Lloyd's time in a McDaniels offense, simply because he wasnt wearing a Pats uni, is stupid. He is as safe a bet as one can make. It's like dismissing one's ability to speak French simply because one hasn't yet spoken French with the company interested in hiring the French speaking candidate.

BB knows what he has in Ocho, even if you just want to bring him into camp that means someone else can't go, they don't have unlimited spots. If Ocho is just a body then why not bring in someone who actually has an upside.

Regarding Moss, when he became a distraction he was sent packing, IF Lloyd becomes a problem he'll be dealt with at that time. Lloyd hasn't shown any signs of being a problem, in fact he's been overjoyed that McDaniels was smart enough to use him intelligently and WANTS to play for him.

One note on Lloyd. BB won't sign him if BB feels that Lloyd won't toe the line and take responsibility for his own actions.

sı ʇsnɾ ʇı

˙uʍop ǝpısdn puɐ spɹɐʍʞɔɐq ɥʇoq ǝʇıɹʍ puɐ pɐǝɹ oʇ ǝןqɐ uǝǝq ǝʌ,ı ɹǝqɯǝɯǝɹ uɐɔ ı sɐ buoן sɐ ʇnq 'buıɹıʍ uıɐɹq ʎɯ ɟo ʞɹınb ɐ s,ʇı ǝqʎɐɯ - ʇo

I don't believe he came here just to go along for the ride.

basically, he's in a no win situation.....if he says nothing, he doesn't care.....if he complains, he's selfish

he needs to be left in peace. for whatever reason it didn't work out, but I have not seen people get so up in arms about all the other stiffs that came through and did nothing

I don't recall any other stiffs coming through being the highest paid receiver on the roster and doing nothing beyond taking up a roster spot all season...while their teamates are being voted to pro bowls and all pros and even all joe's... Most of the stiff's Bill hangs on to for a season are somewhat productive relative to their contract.

Mo in another Ocho thread? Really....lol. Im glad Ocho is always on your mind. That is the $6Million man to you. hahaha

Mo in another Ocho thread? Really....lol. Im glad Ocho is always on your mind. That is the $6Million man to you. hahaha

So you keeping this name next year ........... :nosmile:

¿Ocho Es Mas Macho? :p

I don't recall any other stiffs coming through being the highest paid receiver on the roster and doing nothing beyond taking up a roster spot all season...while their teamates are being voted to pro bowls and all pros and even all joe's... Most of the stiff's Bill hangs on to for a season are somewhat productive relative to their contract.

is it your money? why does the money matter to you.....

I will give you a bigger stiff though......duane starks

how much is shaun ellis making? what was had in return?

like I've said all along, for you, it all started with 'I don't like him' .... even if he had been effective, you would have been complaining about him.....its who you are

Yeah,we had alot of stiffs that came in here and did zilch,but only a few had the background that Chad had in terms of career stats.

Most of us saw him as about a 600-700 yard receiver for what he was being paid,I also don't think any of us saw him producing immediately but by mid season there was no excuses.

Chad was once a very good receiver but was never truly a HOF type guy because when it came to big games,especially those against the hated Steelers he usually came up flat.....he's been flat all year.

I think you overrate the background .... I wish he had done more, but I don't hold it against him like others do .... he tried and was a good soldier ... it just didn't work out....it happens

One has to wonder if you understand the concept of the timing route and the idea that it can be adjusted based on what you and the QB see the defense is giving you.

timing routes can only be broken off if the reciever has an angle where he can see the QB....on a sideline timing route, the reciever typically only turns around when he reaches the location for the throw. he can then do something else if he sees the play is broken

the QB will decide early on if that pass which is blind to the WR has a chance or he will go in another direction if that was the primary target. many times, the blind timing routes are secondary targets to sell the coverage on something else.

actually, I posed it as a question......if you're going to interject, at least read the post properly

No, but you said that there was no room in the Pats system for timing routes. Which is false.

And while "everyone makes pre snap reads", they don't do it the way the Pats do. Most teams rely on just the QB to read the defense and make any adjustments necessary via an audible. Also, most teams, the receivers have 1-2 routes in any given formation.

The Pats offense requires that the all the receivers and the QB read the defense and adjust accordingly. The Patriots receivers have 3-5 routes that they're supposed to run in any given formation based on their pre-snap read.

A majority of the Pats passing plays are "Timing" plays. Slants, Ins, Outs, Curls, Drags. They run very few Gos, Posts, and Corner routes.

Acting like the Pats offense is easy to get and that any joe schmoe can line up at WR and be successful shows a lack of understanding of even the basics of the offense. Saying that it only takes 2 people (1 to 1) to make it work is an even bigger joke.

timing routes can only be broken off if the reciever has an angle where he can see the QB....on a sideline timing route, the reciever typically only turns around when he reaches the location for the throw. he can then do something else if he sees the play is broken

the QB will decide early on if that pass which is blind to the WR has a chance or he will go in another direction if that was the primary target. many times, the blind timing routes are secondary targets to sell the coverage on something else.

That would be true if we were the Colts who run a much more (mentally) simplistic albeit (athletically) demanding strictly timing route based offense predicated on the QB's pre snap read and play call. We don't. Receivers...players here are tasked with making post snap reads in anticipation of their QB seeing the same thing unfold regardless of what the pre snap read indicated or call based on it was and adjusting their route on the fly in real time accordingly. Broken plays or scramble drills are something else altogether although within that concept receivers here have additional specific adaptations to execute depending on what the QB is facing and how the defense is reacting. The key here is for players to be able to think on their feet in a split second and seemlessly react in a prescribed manner. That's the execution Brady is always harping on. By his own admission that is something Chad cannot do. Which is why he is seeing few snaps as the season progresses. They'd rather have a less accomplished player who knows what to do out there than a former pro bowler who doesn't.

Maybe Chad O-Joe-Stinko will win the Super Bowl MVP :eek:

Maybe Chad O-Joe-Stinko will win the Super Bowl MVP :eek:

When I see people call names like that, I pray they don't have kids. Children learn from their parents and sadly many are terrible parents.

I think 85 would have had a more successful season had he changed his name back to Johnson. Not *because* of the change, but rather a correlation indicating his dedication overriding his need for attention.

I think 85 would have had a more successful season had he changed his name back to Johnson. Not *because* of the change, but rather a correlation indicating his dedication overriding his need for attention.

He should have changed his name back to Johnson. He had a bet w. Revis in 2009 and if Revis shut him down, he would change his name back. Revis shut him down and Chad didn't follow suit.

sure......well put......

just don't go bashing the guy...I believe he did his best here and it just didn't work out, and leave it at that

That would be true if we were the Colts who run a much more (mentally) simplistic albeit (athletically) demanding strictly timing route based offense predicated on the QB's pre snap read and play call. We don't. Receivers...players here are tasked with making post snap reads in anticipation of their QB seeing the same thing unfold regardless of what the pre snap read indicated or call based on it was and adjusting their route on the fly in real time accordingly. Broken plays or scramble drills are something else altogether although within that concept receivers here have additional specific adaptations to execute depending on what the QB is facing and how the defense is reacting. The key here is for players to be able to think on their feet in a split second and seemlessly react in a prescribed manner. That's the execution Brady is always harping on. By his own admission that is something Chad cannot do. Which is why he is seeing few snaps as the season progresses. They'd rather have a less accomplished player who knows what to do out there than a former pro bowler who doesn't.

Last edited:
So the Pats don't have a run, 15 yards and get open play? What the heck? LOL

Maybe I am in the minority but I've seen some plays where "85" was open and Brady just chose to go elsewhere. I guess the trust isn't quite there. How does a rookie like Gronk or AH pick up the O and a veteran cannot? I guess having a glass half full is worse than have the glass be empty?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back