PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ochocinco Gives Reason Why He Has Become OchoStinko

Status
Not open for further replies.
hence the question, dummy

LOL....thanks for not answering the question.......so I guess they're not capable of implementing any timing routes? interesting that the system could not employ a 1000 yard WR

Well we already have one of those. Two (approaching 3 if you average or) count TE's, and we aren't going to facilitate one potential thousand yard receiver at the expense of multiple proven others who require no such accommodation, so no - it can't.

I don't know how else to explain this to you other than to say with 11 guys on the field we run a scheme that maximizes all of them and don't adapt it at the expense of 10 to get something out of 1 unless he trumps what the other 10 can produce with a player who facilitates all of them producing.

Last edited:
Well we already have one of those. Two (approaching 3 if you average or) count TE's, and we aren't going to facilitate one potential thousand yard receiver at the expense of multiple proven others who require no such accommodation, so no - it can't.

I don't know how else to explain this to you other than to say with 11 guys on the field we run a scheme that maximizes all of them and don't adapt it at the expense of 10 to get something out of 1 unless he trumps what the other 10 can produce with a player who facilitates all of them producing.

ok.....so if you have no clue as to the system they employ, then why did you bother trying to answer the question?

it doesn't take 10 others to adopt a timing pattern......it takes just one other one

ok.....so if you have no clue as to the system they employ, then why did you bother trying to answer the question?

it doesn't take 10 others to adopt a timing pattern......it takes just one other one

OK you just don't get it. I know the system they employ. This team runs a timing scheme but it's predicated on pre snap reads by the QB and post snap sight adjustments by both the QB and EVERONE ELSE ON THE FIELD designed to beat coverages if executed seemlessly and instinctively. Absent that scheme you want to run a pure timing scheme which is then predicated on the talent or ability of 11 players to each execute at such a high level as to render any defense insignificant. Better back up the brinks truck 'cause it's going to take a lot more talent and if you lose a guy or two here or there you're the 2011 Colts. This system is built to limit the potential of that ever happening, even when you lose your HOF QB for an entire season.

We made an accommodation for Moss because he couldn't run every route the way his teamates could but he was a freak talent in his prime who could produce at a level that made the adaptation worthwhile...for about 16 weeks. Thereafter, not so much. Eventually, not at all - which is where Chad now rests somewhere between not so much out of the gate and not at all down the stretch. People keep trying to make the argument to accommodate him apparently oblivious to the fact that every time you even target him you fail to target multiple proven playmakers working in unison.

oh, I get it.....you basically gave a description of what every team runs....everyone makes pre snap reads......everyone makes post snap adjustments....and nobody runs 100% timing routes, which, by the way, I never mentioned anywhere.

thanks for trying

OK you just don't get it. I know the system they employ. This team runs a timing scheme but it's predicated on pre snap reads by the QB and post snap sight adjustments by both the QB and EVERONE ELSE ON THE FIELD designed to beat coverages if executed seemlessly and instinctively. Absent that scheme you want to run a pure timing scheme which is then predicated on the talent or ability of 11 players to each execute at such a high level as to render any defense insignificant. Better back up the brinks truck 'cause it's going to take a lot more talent and if you lose a guy or two here or there you're the 2011 Colts. This system is built to limit the potential of that ever happening, even when you lose your HOF QB for an entire season.

We made an accommodation for Moss because he couldn't run every route the way his teamates could but he was a freak talent in his prime who could produce at a level that made the adaptation worthwhile...for about 16 weeks. Thereafter, not so much. Eventually, not at all - which is where Chad now rests somewhere between not so much out of the gate and not at all down the stretch. People keep trying to make the argument to accommodate him apparently oblivious to the fact that every time you even target him you fail to target multiple proven playmakers working in unison.

LOL.....hater

I don't hate him as a person,in fact he is probably a nice guy to hang out with.

But he has no business being on this team just "along for the ride"

Its time for him to retire and go Hollywood and be an actor in a B Rated movie.

His talent on the field has dwindled to embarrassing.

When Tiquan Underwood understands the offense better than you,its time to say goodbye to your profession.

Last edited:
Ocho is not getting cut. Why is that hard to understand? BB sees an upside or he would be gone already.

He won't be back next year.

Belichick is always crystal clear that he keeps the best 53 guys and OC is not going to be one of them If anything, OC will probably ask for his release so he can test the market for his skills or try to fit in where he can be effective.There are some rebuilding teams that could benefit from his experience (especially with the Patriots) and his savvy. The Colts jump right out for me where they'll have a rookie QB and a simple playbook.

I hope he plays in the SB and makes a couple of catches to finish on a positive note. I'd love to see him burn Antrel Rolle for a 50 yard TD the way he did in Denver. That would be a nice memory from his Patriots tenure for all of us.

I don't hate him as a person,in fact he is probably a nice guy to hang out with.

But he has no business being on this team just "along for the ride"

Its time for him to retire and go Hollywood and be an actor in a B Rated movie.

His talent on the field has dwindled to embarrassing.

When Tiquan Underwood understands the offense better than you,its time to say goodbye to your profession.

I don't believe he came here just to go along for the ride.

basically, he's in a no win situation.....if he says nothing, he doesn't care.....if he complains, he's selfish

he needs to be left in peace. for whatever reason it didn't work out, but I have not seen people get so up in arms about all the other stiffs that came through and did nothing

I don't believe he came here just to go along for the ride.

basically, he's in a no win situation.....if he says nothing, he doesn't care.....if he complains, he's selfish

he needs to be left in peace. for whatever reason it didn't work out, but I have not seen people get so up in arms about all the other stiffs that came through and did nothing

Yeah,we had alot of stiffs that came in here and did zilch,but only a few had the background that Chad had in terms of career stats.

Most of us saw him as about a 600-700 yard receiver for what he was being paid,I also don't think any of us saw him producing immediately but by mid season there was no excuses.

Chad was once a very good receiver but was never truly a HOF type guy because when it came to big games,especially those against the hated Steelers he usually came up flat.....he's been flat all year.

uʍop ǝpısdn pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ɐʇʇoƃ noʎ

Has Brandon Lloyd ever played for the Patriots? Yes or no?

5 million on a guess is a waste of money much like ocho's 6 million was this year. At least next year you see if it pans out after a full offseason and if not what do you lose? a million cut doesnt come out to much.

Moss wasnt a problem at the end? I dont care what we traded him for because that ended up just being gravy. Fact is Moss became a distraction.

Keep the eye rolls to yourself buddy, its a message board.

Lloyd HAS played for McDaniels, who ran the same offense the Patriots do, that's about as sure as it gets.

If you keep Ocho, who hasn't produced and simply doesnt get it, you occupy a roster spot which could go to someone with more potential.

It's all about cost/benefit, Ocho might not have much cost but he also doesnt offer any benefit.

Regarding Moss, he made an idiot out of himself at a press conference and he was soon shipped out of town in exchange for a draft pick, not a lot of cost there but we did get some very good productivity out of him. Had Asante not dropped a sure interception Moss would have been a key piece in the greatest football season ever, yet we should have avoided him because he might have become a problem?:rolleyes:

As for the rolleyes, they've been made available ON THE MESSAGE BOARD by the admins, they're aware that this is a message board. Dealing with other people potentially using a rolleyes in response to your post kinda goes with the territory of posting on a messageboard.

If Chad makes a play this Sunday that wins us the game...it doesn't even need to be a TD...maybe just a first down we need to run the clock out...it will have been worth 6 million to ME personally.

Lloyd HAS played for McDaniels, who ran the same offense the Patriots do, that's about as sure as it gets.

If you keep Ocho, who hasn't produced and simply doesnt get it, you occupy a roster spot which could go to someone with more potential.

It's all about cost/benefit, Ocho might not have much cost but he also doesnt offer any benefit.

Regarding Moss, he made an idiot out of himself at a press conference and he was soon shipped out of town in exchange for a draft pick, not a lot of cost there but we did get some very good productivity out of him. Had Asante not dropped a sure interception Moss would have been a key piece in the greatest football season ever, yet we should have avoided him because he might have become a problem?:rolleyes:

As for the rolleyes, they've been made available ON THE MESSAGE BOARD by the admins, they're aware that this is a message board. Dealing with other people potentially using a rolleyes in response to your post kinda goes with the territory of posting on a messageboard.

So NO he hasnt played for the patriots.

Who said we have to keep Ocho past training camp?

He wasnt a distraction in 07, your purposely making a totally different argument. He became a distraction in 09 +

Once again, my point was your acting childish and unnecessary.

Why would you bring in Diva Lloyd?

Ocho only makes 1 million the next year and the year after. He's cheaper than any vet you'd sign out in FA.

Why bring in Brandon Lloyd? Because when McDaniels was in Denver and in St. Louis, he used the same playbook as the Patriots and Lloyd flourished. The thinking is that, with McDaniels as the OC next year, Lloyd would flourish with Brady throwing him the ball.

Also, Chad's base salary next year is $3 million, not $1 million. Not sure where you got your info, but it's wrong.

so there's no room for timing patterns in this system? so ocho really does not have anything better to offer than having brady throw ints when trying to throw to edelman and slater?

One has to wonder if you understand the concept of the timing route and the idea that it can be adjusted based on what you and the QB see the defense is giving you.

oh, I get it.....you basically gave a description of what every team runs....everyone makes pre snap reads......everyone makes post snap adjustments....and nobody runs 100% timing routes, which, by the way, I never mentioned anywhere.

thanks for trying

No, but you said that there was no room in the Pats system for timing routes. Which is false.

And while "everyone makes pre snap reads", they don't do it the way the Pats do. Most teams rely on just the QB to read the defense and make any adjustments necessary via an audible. Also, most teams, the receivers have 1-2 routes in any given formation.

The Pats offense requires that the all the receivers and the QB read the defense and adjust accordingly. The Patriots receivers have 3-5 routes that they're supposed to run in any given formation based on their pre-snap read.

A majority of the Pats passing plays are "Timing" plays. Slants, Ins, Outs, Curls, Drags. They run very few Gos, Posts, and Corner routes.

Acting like the Pats offense is easy to get and that any joe schmoe can line up at WR and be successful shows a lack of understanding of even the basics of the offense. Saying that it only takes 2 people (1 to 1) to make it work is an even bigger joke.

Has Brandon Lloyd ever played for the Patriots? Yes or no?

5 million on a guess is a waste of money much like ocho's 6 million was this year. At least next year you see if it pans out after a full offseason and if not what do you lose? a million cut doesnt come out to much.

Moss wasnt a problem at the end? I dont care what we traded him for because that ended up just being gravy. Fact is Moss became a distraction.

Keep the eye rolls to yourself buddy, its a message board.

To be fair, the Patriots went 14-2 last season. They cut him before it became a real problem. Fact is, we got three years of production and moved up a round in the draft, in exchange for a couple of weeks of distraction early in the season. I'll take that any day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back