PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ochocinco Gives Reason Why He Has Become OchoStinko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would you bring in Diva Lloyd?

Ocho only makes 1 million the next year and the year after. He's cheaper than any vet you'd sign out in FA.

You bring in Lloyd because he can ACTUALLY PRODUCE! He's played in our offense and is a playmaker, he also has man-love for McDaniels and wants to play under him.

Ocho might only make 1 million next year, which means the team only WASTES 1 million on a guy who CAN'T PRODUCE, I'd rather SPEND 5 million on a guy who will be a serious threat.

And Andre Ethier says he wants to join the red sox. Players can say whatever they want but bad locker room guys always have a way of coming back out.

Ocho has been silent, purely silent. Moss was great for a few then lashed out.

Hasnt this team learned its lesson bringing in bad character guys that end up getting cut because of their attitude problems?

Ocho has been silent but doesn't get the system! Some people simply aren't cut out to be jazz musicians who can adapt to a different note and change what they're doing to be in harmony with that change in real time.

As far as Moss goes, we got him for a 4th round pick, had him produce for 3 yrs, and then traded him for a gain (3rd round pick) when he became a problem, yeah, BB really should learn his lesson with a disaster like that:rolleyes:

Last edited:
I have very quietly, all season long been thinking that Ocho's issues were 1. Learning this system and tuning himself to Brady and 2. Trying to be not let the moments be too big and play too tight trying to not make mistakes. Allow me to equate it to playing pool (football and pool are so similar:rolleyes:). I play some competitive 8ball. There is a night and day difference when I'm in the zone, when I take all the things I know, how to hit a shot, what English a shot needs and how the cue ball will travel to get position on my next shot etc. When those things are comfortable and I'm able to "see" the table I can relax, and let myself be clear and trust my stroke and it's as natural as walking to the bathroom...no extra "thinking" involved. Now to contrast that to those days where your playing tight, trying to be perfect or force shots that aren't there...you start thinking " bottom right English and slide across for position or was it just top English and control my speed?". " what if I miss...what if I jiggle the pocket?". When that happens my grip tightens, arm tightens...whole body tightens. When that happens I got virtually no chance! I know the shot...I understand the concept...it's the little voice of doubt that creeps in that can kill you. Competition level pool allows for a very small margin of error...I would assume the NFL is even more so. I hope that this season was the year for Ocho to be star struck, in awe, adjusting to a system that asks for near perfection and that come the of season the Xs and Os come a little more second nature and he can loosen up and do what he "knows" he can do...if that happens I think we will see the Chad we all were hoping for and the "Stinko" label will disappear just as quickly as a dozen jelly donuts in front of Rex Ryan's face. My 2 pennies.

Two things stick out here to me:

1) I'd like to see how he would do with a full offseason - -OTA's, etc.

2) He's going to have to get cut and resign at a much lower salary - -THAT will be the true signal if he's serious. I'm not even sure the CBA allows that - - but the Pats aren't going to be paying him what they paid him this year.

It won't help. You're either wired to process a myriad of information effortlessly under pressure once you've assimilated it (Brady, Branch, Welker, etc.) or you're not. Doesn't matter how smart you are. That was the knock on Ben Watson. Super bright and focused and hard working kid with tons of talent. Just couldn't ever get comfortable with the system to the point performing within it came naturally. He showed flashes of Gronk like talent early on, but it evaporated under the pressure to consistently be precisely where he was supposed to be post snap in relation to his teamates and the opposition. Then you start playing tight and doing things like dropping the easy ones. Then Tom stops targeting you and you become one dimentional and eventually replaceable. Random doesn't work in this system. It undercuts the ability of scheme to cover for deficiencies or counter opponents strengths.

I'm not even sure Randy got it, beyond in theory, but even if he did his achilles heel was lack of versatility. For a time his talent trumped that, but as talent wanes the tradeoff begins to pay lesser dividends. If you're a Fitz or a Megatron the tradeoff is probably worth the risk. Although if you get hurt or lost while eating up 10% or more of cap - then what. You don't have to be the best at your position from a talent standpoint to succeed here and help this team continue to succeed consistently. You just have to have sufficient talent and drive and the capacity to be coached up to execute consistently within the scheme. And you have to be capable of absorbing information like a sponge while blocking out all the extraneous noise.

I think it's enlightening that Chad has chosen TO and Randy as his sounding boards. Says a lot about how Chad perceives himself. When in fact talent wise (not to mention personality wise) he was never in their league (for better or worse).

When the season ends on Sunday night Chad will be off to serve his lifelong master. Filming on the new reality series starts in March. And there will be work to catch up on to maintain his 3 million member twitter following and other projects to elevate his profile as an entertainer who has long looked past a football career he took for granted to it's detriment.

It boils down to instincts. You hear BB talk about Branch and Moss' instincts on the field, how they understand concepts based on coverages and the quarterback's expectations. They know how to instinctively put themselves in the best position..Chad isn't one of those guys.

I believe Chad's talent and circumstance can allow him to be an inpact this Sunday. With Gronk not taking gameplan reps and the necessity of the coaching staff to design specific plays for a 3rd wide receiver....Don't be surprised to see Chad have a good game (by his standards this season).

I would like to think an off-season would help, but I'm not sure...I think Reggie Wayne would be perfect for this system. As he's as instinctive as it gets...Not sure about Brandon LLoyd, I know he has experience in the system, but I don't know how much of a "team" guy he is.

Ideally we come in to camp with Reggie Wayne, Wes Welker, Deion Branch, and rookie Muhamed Sanu (a younger, bigger, and stronger version of Reggie Wayne).

Would love to get Sanu...A good wide receiver but better football player. Smart, versatile, instinctive, and physical. Perfect Patriot receiver.

Don't know if this is old news or not, but Ocho admits that the reason he hasn't played much isn't because hes lost it, its because he just doesn't understand the system well enough to play without thinking about it. Whcih slows him down. I know that theory has been kicked around, but this validates it.

Ochocinco finds himself in odd place as Patriots strive for Super Bowl win - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

The answer is fairly simple. By Ochocinco’s own admission, he doesn’t know the offense well enough to play without thinking, particularly when New England goes to its hurry-up attack. Instead of simply reacting to situations, he’s going through the steps in his head and that makes him a step too slow.

After reading this i had a thought. Given that Gronk won't be 100% could BB throw in a few Ocho friendly plays, plays like he ran in Cinncy. It would catch the Giants off guard.

'gimme a break! He does not understand and/or feel compfortable in the system = LOST IT. DONE! TOAST! BUH-BYE!

Ocho is not getting cut. Why is that hard to understand? BB sees an upside or he would be gone already.

The only upside is expensive insurance in a worst case scenario where random is all you got. He's still here because he's kept his mouth shut until now and continued to make the effort in practice and he certainly hasn't pointed fingers as in the past (suicide here and he knows that). And his $6M in 2011 earnings are a sunk cost.

Next season his cap nearly doubles. He won't be here at that price. They may keep him around until camp, but not at a $3M salary. That's more than Welker or Branch were paid in salary this season. That's nearly double what Gronk AND Hernandez combined will earn (including bonus proration and incentives) next season.

If he couldn't bring himself to overpay guys like Milloy and Law and McGinest and Vrabel...he ain't gonna knowingly overpay to retain Ocho. He gets a little testy about guys who haven't earned their previous salary, just ask Ty Warren or Richard Seymour. Better to bring Light back at $3.4M... Or Branch back for another $2M than Chad back at $3M.

Ocho is not getting cut. Why is that hard to understand? BB sees an upside or he would be gone already.

He will be cut. He will most definitely be cut. He is of NO value. Buh-bye, Ocho, Hello Mr. Floyd.

Admitting that he's unable to learn the plays, after hundreds of combined practices and games can't make him the brightest bulb on the tree! He's either lazy and doesn't put in the time needed to learn it, or he's dumb as a rock.

maybe more studying and less tweeting was in order

You bring in Lloyd because he can ACTUALLY PRODUCE! He's played in our offense and is a playmaker, he also has man-love for McDaniels and wants to play under him.

Ocho might only make 1 million next year, which means the team only WASTES 1 million on a guy who CAN'T PRODUCE, I'd rather SPEND 5 million on a guy who will be a serious threat.

Ocho has been silent but doesn't get the system! Some people simply aren't cut out to be jazz musicians who can adapt to a different note and change what they're doing to be in harmony with that change in real time.

As far as Moss goes, we got him for a 4th round pick, had him produce for 3 yrs, and then traded him for a gain (3rd round pick) when he became a problem, yeah, BB really should learn his lesson with a disaster like that:rolleyes:

Has Brandon Lloyd ever played for the Patriots? Yes or no?

5 million on a guess is a waste of money much like ocho's 6 million was this year. At least next year you see if it pans out after a full offseason and if not what do you lose? a million cut doesnt come out to much.

Moss wasnt a problem at the end? I dont care what we traded him for because that ended up just being gravy. Fact is Moss became a distraction.

Keep the eye rolls to yourself buddy, its a message board.

A vet looking as lost as he did, training camp or not, is inexcusable and he hasn't looked any less lost as the season progressed. Only BB's affection for him as a person kept him on the team throughout the season. They can get a championship ring together and move on, he's of little to no value to this team.

what is 'the system'?

It seems to me that all along that the system is based on the players the pats have and not players that have been found to fit the scheme.

all 4 superbowls the pats have appeared in featured a different scheme. and now its a different one yet again. this is pretty simple because your system is based on the strengths of your players.

he has been one of the better sideline guys over his career. you would have figured that the pats could have worked in some of his better routes into the scheme. unless brady can't make those throws which I don't believe is true

I think I am going to reserve judgement on the value of ocho until after the SB. he's not going to be the SB MVP or anything, but he is a guy who can make a play at the right moment. much more so than edelman or slater

what is 'the system'?

It seems to me that all along that the system is based on the players the pats have and not players that have been found to fit the scheme.

all 4 superbowls the pats have appeared in featured a different scheme. and now its a different one yet again. this is pretty simple because your system is based on the strengths of your players.

he has been one of the better sideline guys over his career. you would have figured that the pats could have worked in some of his better routes into the scheme. unless brady can't make those throws which I don't believe is true

I think I am going to reserve judgement on the value of ocho until after the SB. he's not going to be the SB MVP or anything, but he is a guy who can make a play at the right moment. much more so than edelman or slater

The Pats WRs tend to read the coverages offered by the defenses and adjusts their routes on the fly. Chad never did that in Cincy. At most he did was when Palmer adjusted his route pre snap and he ran it.

what is 'the system'?

Apparently you don't know the answer to the question you pose...

The system is the foundation and you adapt schemes within it to suit talent and create mismatches and take advantage of opponents defensive personnel and schemes. You don't toss the system to accommodate one player, and you don't even allow one player to operate outside of it (to the detriment of his teamates whose performances are enhanced as a result of it) unless that player presents as an all world talent who tips the risk reward scales to the extent he more than makes up for the accommodation. That has happened here exactly once...and only sort of or short term fwiw. Chad isn't that level of talent.

Ocho says its not really a big deal if he sits out and does not contribute in the Super Bowl

http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/s...-to-sit-out-the-super-bowl-if-thats-his-fate/

That pretty much tells you its all about just getting on this team and riding off with a ring while doing jack squat all season to help them in any way.

His statement pretty much tells you he doesn't care if he plays or not,a veteran athlete normally would be upset if he does not get a chance to contribute in the biggest game of the year and his career, but not Mr. Hollywood,he don't really care :rolleyes:

Get this pile of steaming crap out of NE by March Bill once you realize its only about being on a contender which was never going to happen in Cincinnati...please Bill...dump this b!tch.

Last edited:
Apparently you don't know the answer to the question you pose....

hence the question, dummy

The system is the foundation and you adapt schemes within it to suit talent and create mismatches and take advantage of opponents defensive personnel and schemes. You don't toss the system to accommodate one player, and you don't even allow one player to operate outside of it (to the detriment of his teamates whose performances are enhanced as a result of it) unless that player presents as an all world talent who tips the risk reward scales to the extent he more than makes up for the accommodation. That has happened here exactly once...and only sort of or short term fwiw. Chad isn't that level of talent.

LOL....thanks for not answering the question.......so I guess they're not capable of implementing any timing routes? interesting that the system could not employ a 1000 yard WR

The Pats WRs tend to read the coverages offered by the defenses and adjusts their routes on the fly. Chad never did that in Cincy. At most he did was when Palmer adjusted his route pre snap and he ran it.

so there's no room for timing patterns in this system? so ocho really does not have anything better to offer than having brady throw ints when trying to throw to edelman and slater?

Ocho says its not really a big deal if he sits out and does not contribute in the Super Bowl

BostonHerald.com - Blogs: Rap Sheet» Blog Archive » Chad Ochocinco says it wouldn’t be hard to sit out the Super Bowl if that’s his fate

That pretty much tells you its all about just getting on this team and riding off with a ring while doing jack squat all season to help them in any way.

His statement pretty much tells you he doesn't care if he plays or not,a veteran athlete normally would be upset if he does not get a chance to contribute in the biggest game of the year and his career, but not Mr. Hollywood,he don't really care :rolleyes:

Get this pile of steaming crap out of NE by March Bill once you realize its only about being on a contender which was never going to happen in Cincinnati...please Bill...dump this b!tch.

LOL.....hater

Fact is, with Gronkowski injured and the Patriots struggling to get long pass plays, there may be a place for him in the game plan, even if that sounds like a huge stretch after this season.

“Just wait, it’s going to be a big surprise for everyone,” Ochocinco said, referring to a possible touchdown celebration.

If this comes to pass and Ocho gets a 15 yard penalty for excessive TD celebration, I'm going to be a little annoyed with him...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back