what say you?

He....

will be signed as a publicity stunt for hard knocks

will be signed because he helps them win games

will be signed for Pats info

will be signed but will be ineffective

won't be signed because he just isn't good enough anymore

other

Not a lot of competition for him there, and one would assume that they'll be running a pretty simple offense, rookie QB and all. Woudln't surprise me if he has a pretty good year.

in cinci he was the passing option. Here he was at best behind 3 others and often 4 because brady and branch share one head. doesn't mean that he will not be a solid option somewhere else that does not have the talent. Miami clearly doesn't -my estimate 55 catches 750 yards.

I needed the poll to have multiple options. He will be a publicity stunt, picked up for info on the Patriots, and a better option than currently on the Dolphins.

Would be a Good pickup by Miami

Fish stink and Ocho stinks as well.....makes for a wonderful marriage :cool:

The Dolphins to sign him must not hold up much hope at WR,it reeks of desperation.

Last edited:
I needed the poll to have multiple options. He will be a publicity stunt, picked up for info on the Patriots, and a better option than currently on the Dolphins.

Picked up for info on the Pats?

Like what, the twitter handles of some of the Pats' players?

He's certainly not going to be able to tell them much from the playbook.

:rolleyes:

Makes sense for both sides. I think he would do pretty well down there.

Then apparently they haven't been following ESPN, PFT or any Boston papers or news networks. ;)

Would be a Good pickup by Miami

Fish stink and Ocho stinks as well.....makes for a wonderful marriage :cool:

The Dolphins to sign him must not hold up much hope at WR,it reeks of desperation.

Did it reek of desperation when the Pats picked up Danny Woodhead?

Then apparently they haven't been following ESPN, PFT or any Boston papers or news networks. ;)

Hahaha, better look out, he'll tell the Dolphins all about the playbook that he couldn't learn.

Not a lot of competition for him there, and one would assume that they'll be running a pretty simple offense, rookie QB and all. Woudln't surprise me if he has a pretty good year.

Yeah gotta agree with this. They have nobody worth a damn really and its not going to be a very difficult system to learn. I think he can have a good year there too.

Have the Dolphins offered something for Deion Branch so Ocho will have someone to tell him where to line up?

The Dolphins are on this year's edition of Hard Knocks. The Miami owner seems to be a wannabe celebrity. Ochocinco's fiance is filming a reality television show in Miami. I would say that it's not out of the realm of possibility that this is publicity-driven.

On the other hand the as a unit the Dolphins' wide receivers are average at best. Davone Bess, Brian Hartline and Legedu Naanee are okay but nothing special. Anthony Fasano is a decent tight end, but none of the four are elite talents that are going to cause sleepless nights for opposing defensive coordinators. Considering what they have on the roster now it makes sense for them to look into adding a player with the resume that Ochocinco has. Naanee alone isn't going to replace the lost production of Brandon Marshall.

I wish him the best even as a Dolphin :D

I'm not big on predictions but I called Miami as a logical landing place the other day. His kids are there. Evelyn films the not really basketball wives series there. Dolphins are doing Hard Knocks and Ross is enamored with all things celebrity. Not sure how much he could help them. Not sure that matters given their situation. Although it can be tough to play in the town you live in if things aren't going well. New coach and no franchise QB, nobody will be all that clear on which play is being run. Some mediots and scouts are convinced he's lost a step or more athletically. If not he could freelance with Garrard. I know he looked great working out in shorts in March, they all do.

He'll basically be a free ride through camp for some team so I can't imagine he doesn't still get a shot somewhere. He's not malicious or volatile like TO. Although he won't help a youngster develop or some jag hang on to a job. If he's driven to prove he's not done he might find a fit somewhere and put up decent #3-4 numbers. Miami could be a fit. Jags or Panthers or Buffalo might be possible landing spots although I'm not sure he wants to play us unless it's just convenient (Miami) and it's hard to picture Ev in Buffalo. But they probably have IHOP's and Starbucks so...

Maybe he can actually learn that offense

He might have some inside information about which Foxboro area Starbucks' makes the best latte or somethin. :)

Maybe he can actually learn that offense

Possibly, but if that offense is easy enough for Ocho, it'll be super-easy for BB to confuse them so bad they won't know which way the proper endzone is by the 4th quarter. :)

Possibly, but if that offense is easy enough for Ocho, it'll be super-easy for BB to confuse them so bad they won't know which way the proper endzone is by the 4th quarter. :)

Ha ha............

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey