PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ocho rents bus and drives team to concert

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ocho rents buss and drives Team to concert

Nas lost...

Haha I understand you're a big Jay z fan but you don't honestly believe this do you? Even Jay admitted there was no response for Ether.

true

every time I see that video of him dancing I die a little on the inside

It definitely makes me laugh and lightens the mood but very cringeworthy at the same time

Jay Z IS the man, and I love hip-hop... but their concerts absolutely suck. The only good rap concert I've ever seen is Wiz Khalifa, and that's because he put on a laser light show in the concert hall.

Yeah for the most part they're disappointing. I've never seen Wiz live (strange cuz I am from Pittsburgh) but I've seen clips and he sounded horrible... I know the clips probably don't tell the whole story. Two concerts I have enjoyed alot are Bone Thugs (though previously I've heard alot of bad reviews for them) and the Up in Smoke Tour in 2000 - Dre, Eminem, Snoop, Ice Cube, Warren G, Nate Dogg, Kurupt, MC Ren, pretty much the entire west coast. That was probably the best concert I've been to altogether. I always wish I could've seen Pac or Big in concert but I wasn't old enough yet.

Did they force Ventrone off the bus in the middle of the trip and pick him up on the way back? :eek:

Of course the list is about popularity. Popularity is the people judging how good you are. Music is a matter of taste and choice.

Jay-Z has really mailed it in since The Black Album, and at age 41 he doesn't have the hunger he used to. Man's an empire now, so it's understandable. But he's going off reputation now.

Also I have to object to any list that has Kanye West as a top rapper. Producer, okay. He's the best or among the best. As a rapper/lyricist though he's TERRIBLE. Doesn't execute well on the lyrics, which I hope are ghost-written because they're brutal, and of course he can't sing when he attempts to (auto-tune garbage). That list has to be about popularity and not quality because Kanye is not top 10 worthy. Young Jeezy? LMAO. Bad list. I'm okay with Eminem on top though since he's still throwing 100mph fastballs if we're talking about current performance, something Jay-Z can't say. Nobody can tell me with a straight face that Watch the Throne was Hova at his finest. Not even close. Love him, he's a legend, but he's fallen off. He's set for life though and he's got Beyonce on lock so he shouldn't care.

Love this guy. I want him to succeed so bad. If his 53 yard catch hadn't been on a blown assignment by the jets, I'd feel more confident..

How anyone can want Ocho to fail on the Patriots is beyond me.

There's an "I told you so" factor.

My view point is I much prefer an "I was wrong" moment over an "I told you so" moment when it comes having concerns about a free agent choice.

So I'm REALLY hoping I'm in the "I was wrong category"

His production last week was good enough to make teams think twice about putting too much pressure up front. He can build on that this week. That would make a HUGE impact on this team going into the playoffs.

Did they force Ventrone off the bus in the middle of the trip and pick him up on the way back? :eek:

Well done. Call that sucker into the WEEI Whiner Line - that's Call of the Week material.

Last edited:

Jay Z IS the man, and I love hip-hop... but their concerts absolutely suck. The only good rap concert I've ever seen is Wiz Khalifa, and that's because he put on a laser light show in the concert hall.

Thing is that music genre isn't high energy and the crowd can't sing to it. The artist performance may be good, but it is no where near the energy of a U2 or Metallica concert..

don't you need a cdl/ bus license????

lmao Ocho 85 <3

The article didn't state that he drove the bus, just rented and chaproned. Typically bus rentals come with a driver.

I once tried to organize a trip where we wanted to rent just the bus cause someone in our group had a bus license. With the added insurance it worked out to only save us about $50 so we used their driver. (our driver had insurance to drive thru her work but it would not have covered the trip)

There's an "I told you so" factor.

My view point is I much prefer an "I was wrong" moment over an "I told you so" moment when it comes having concerns about a free agent choice.

So I'm REALLY hoping I'm in the "I was wrong category"

His production last week was good enough to make teams think twice about putting too much pressure up front. He can build on that this week. That would make a HUGE impact on this team going into the playoffs.

I think the hate for Ocho stems from something even other than his production...

I was listening to 98.5 after the game sunday thinking theyd at least give Ocho props for a positive game...and of course, the radio guy was saying that Ocho looked horrible and that his catches didnt matter

sure, it was on a broken assignment. but one of Branches came on broken assignment as well(caused by the no huddle they showed this on VS how a CB couldnt get into position in time for the snap causing Branch to get the first down

id love to see Ocho finally succeed here, just for teh sake of the Pats...because they could definitely use his skillset

Last edited:
Is Ocho still living with a fan?
I'm a big fan of his, I'm sure he'd take care of the people who put him up.

I really believe he's suffering from trying too hard brain freeze. Still believe he will come out of it before playoffs and be a huge asset filling a missing link for the offense. (excuse me, could you pass the kool-aid, my glass is only half-full)

did they force ventrone off the bus in the middle of the trip and pick him up on the way back? :eek:

brilliant!!!!!!!

ocho-and-reporters.jpg

On another note, look how short Mike Reiss is. Holy Crap!

Ael5KpvCAAE7o7s.jpg

Yeah he was driving indeed on way back

See, it's still possible for Ocho to be Ocho.

Haha I understand you're a big Jay z fan but you don't honestly believe this do you? Even Jay admitted there was no response for Ether.

This. Ether was one of the best battle raps ever, stands up there with 'hit em up' and LL cool J's 'jack the ripper'. Nas also has arguably the greatest Rap album ever in Illmatic.

Jay's last good album was AG and he's been dumbing it down so long that when he made a good thought provoking concept album his core "fans" couldn't appreciate it so he went back to his commercial style.

I heard a 7 minute freestyle from like '96 with Big L and Jay-z. Big L absolutely destroys Jay-z in every facet and its not even close.

Ocho seems alot more confident/talkative since the Jets game...hopefully hes reached a comfort level where he can now go out on the field not think so much and just produce

Great move by Ocho, hopefully this loosens him up so he can start to contribute significantly down the stretch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back