PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ocho Released

Status
Not open for further replies.
to bad it did not work out for Chad. Oh well.
beli.png

Where's the guy who said about 10,000 times that 85 was a lock because BB never cut a guy who restructured his contract?

Where's the guy who said about 10,000 times that 85 was a lock because BB never cut a guy who restructured his contract?

In the unemployment line.

All right, what do I win? I had Ocho in the "Whose your surprise cut of the season?" sweepstakes! And although he might not have been a total surprise, I certainly beat the rest of you to the punch!

Seriously, I am sorry that Chad couldn't make it with the Pats. I was hoping that when they acquired him he would go back to lighting it up. Hopefully he'll catch on elsewhere.

Nothing.

You had to pick a "surprise" cut.

;)

Re: per adam shefter, ocho is done in New England

Cannot blame them but I find it somewhat amusing they tried to trade him.

Apparently, there's a league wide shortage of potato chips.

No clue who it was, but I recall someone on here was Ocho wouldn't get cut come hell or highwater because he willingly re-structured his contract and BB has never cut a veteran player who did that.

Chalk up another first for Belichick ......

Stallworth won't be cut - they're going to find a way to keep him. That's one reason why he was returning kicks in today's OTA.

I'd like to see him get a shot too. He didn't completely "get it", but he didn't "get it" to the tune of 46? catches finding a niche among Moss and gaffney et al. He can make something happen after the catch too.

Let me fix that for you.

1. Welker
2. Lloyd
3. Gaffney
4. Slater
5. ??????
6. Profit

No. 5 obviously is underpants.

He'll be missed... by rivals' cornerbacks. I'm slightly happier after seeing this.

I'm here to take my lumps on Chad. I was wrong. I just hope that Chad re-doing his contract and then being cut doesn't backfire on Bill and the Pats. Though I will say this. It is only OTAs so other veterans may not look at it as harshly..

...or RB's.

Woodhead, Ridley, Vereen. Bolden and Kettani on PS.

I wouldn't mind giving Bolden a shot. Ridley doesn't run heavy (great slasher, though) and i don't think any of those fullbacks are running backs. Bolden runs through tackles, just what we need stylistically.

I've got a feeling about Woodhead. If Vereen and Addai do what they have elsewhere, I think the little guy might be moving on. Of course i like the guy, but some guys make a splash in the short term, but aren't the long term answer IMO.

I have no doubt he tried really hard and put his heart in it. I really like the guy, it sucks it didn't work out.

And another one bites the dust...sucks to see him get cut, but ultimately it's what's best for the team. Can't wait to see Lloyd BEASTING it tho this year!

I wouldn't mind giving Bolden a shot. Ridley doesn't run heavy (great slasher, though) and i don't think any of those fullbacks are running backs. Bolden runs through tackles, just what we need stylistically.

I've got a feeling about Woodhead. If Vereen and Addai do what they have elsewhere, I think the little guy might be moving on. Of course i like the guy, but some guys make a splash in the short term, but aren't the long term answer IMO.

I'm just not sold on Addai.

Tim Hightower, I would have loved if they signed him instead.

Last edited:
All right, what do I win? I had Ocho in the "Whose your surprise cut of the season?" sweepstakes! And although he might not have been a total surprise, I certainly beat the rest of you to the punch!

Seriously, I am sorry that Chad couldn't make it with the Pats. I was hoping that when they acquired him he would go back to lighting it up. Hopefully he'll catch on elsewhere.

I don't see him as being anything near a surprise cut

He was expected to be about #2 on WR depth chart last year and all he showed was a paltry 250 Yards all season

So bad that Tiquan WTF Underwood bypassed him on the depth chart.

Best release EVER.

1wQ.gif

Just got home,read the news and to be honest I swear I was so happy that I almost had a pants tent in happiness.

Let some other team take this Hollywood Attention Whore P.O.S. and waste a roster spot.

Just as bad as it was signing him a year ago,now this may be the best roster move in Belichick's tenure here.

Not sure why anyone would have such vitriol towards Chad. He's a fun guy who absolutely got with the Patriot Way and gave it his best shot. Even restructured his deal so he could give it another go.

Not sure why anyone would have such vitriol towards Chad. He's a fun guy who absolutely got with the Patriot Way and gave it his best shot. Even restructured his deal so he could give it another go.

Agreed. He wasn't a fit with the team, thru no fault of his own. He tried, he failed. I hope he has a decent remaining career (assuming its not with the jets).

He was sooo bad that BB couldn't even trade him for a Starbucks Gold Card :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back