PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ocho Released

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: per adam shefter, ocho is done in New England

Cannot blame them but I find it somewhat amusing they tried to trade him.

Doubtless that SOP for any reasonably significant player, no?

Chad Ochocinco ‏@ochocinco

Thoroughly enjoyed the oppurtunity to play for the "Patriot" organization... fans were f**king wicked awesome, I wish all of you the best...

Re: Ocho released....2 PM..June 7th

I'm not sure what would be a 'tease' about it. There's nothing to be gained by cutting him now, unless a spot is needed. Since they already cut 3 today, and only signed one, the spot idea wouldn't seem to be in play.

Actively wanting him cut at this point, just for the sake of him being cut, is nonsensical.

Nonsensical it is ... :singing:

Pretty official now...

Chad Ochocinco‏@ochocinco

Thoroughly enjoyed the oppurtunity to play for the "Patriot" organization... fans were ******* wicked awesome, I wish all of you the best...

I think we're now pretty much set at-

1.Welker
2.Lloyd
3.Gaffney
4.Branch
5.Edelman
6.Slater

Cuts will be Stallworth and Ebert (he'll probably be signed to PS)

Nonsensical it is ... :singing:

Wanting him cut just for the sake of him being cut is/was nonsensical. That's still true.

1.Welker
2.Lloyd
3.Gaffney
4.Branch
5.Edelman
6.Slater

I think this is probably most likely as well.

Tom E. Curran‏@tomecurran

The Patriots acquired Albert Haynesworth and Chad Ochocinco on July 29, 2011. The day is also known as "WTF Were They Thinking Friday."

Tru dat...

Wish he could have grasped the system, he still has the physical aspect of it.

What teams do you think will be interested in him? I want to see him on the Rams.

Edit: His Twitter profile now says "Unemployed Black Guy" LOL

Last edited:

Wanting him cut just for the sake of him being cut is/was nonsensical. That's still true.

My take is that BB genuinely likes him, knew it wasn't going to work out and, given the mass of talent at WR in Foxboro now, just wanted to give him and his agent a headstart on a new landing pad.

The guy tried. It didn't work out. Props to him for adjusting his personality and antics as much as he could in attempting to be a Patriot. It's not easy for some - see Randy Moss 2011.

Last edited:
Wish he could have grasped the system, he still has the physical aspect of it.

What teams do you think will be interested in him? I want to see him on the Rams.

Washington Redskins.

They need WR's and I'm guessing the offensive route playbook for RGIII won't be precise and complex (perhaps later in his career). I look at that as an offense that may involve alot of improv.

Last edited:

that's probably right, but I could see Stallworth and Branch battling it out a little for the last spot, or both making the roster over Edelman if someone else shines in PR duties.

What helps Edelman is PR abilities, Welker slot insurance, and versatility.

Chad Ochocinco

@ochocinco

UNEMPLOYED BLACK GUY

LOL Ocho hasn't changed. :D

My take is that BB genuinely likes him, knew it wasn't going to work out and, given the mass of talent at WR in Foxboro now, just wanted to give him and his agent a headstart on a new landing pad.

The guy tried. It didn't work out. Props to him for adjusting his personality and antics as much as he could in attempting to be a Patriot. It's not easy for some - see Randy Moss 2011.

That's how I've looked at it. I wish him the best of luck in his future endeavors, whether he's playing for another NFL offense he's comfortable in or doing something else in his life.

Well, it makes sense if Belichick wanted to help Ocho out and let him find a new team with enough time to get a decent salary and learn the playbook. Otherwise, it doesn't. It is Belichick doing Ocho a solid.

Best of luck Chad.

Sorry it didn't work out.

Now for Ebert to make the roster.

1.Welker
2.Lloyd
3.Gaffney
4.Branch
5.Edelman
6.Slater

Stallworth won't be cut - they're going to find a way to keep him. That's one reason why he was returning kicks in today's OTA.

Well, it makes sense if Belichick wanted to help Ocho out and let him find a new team with enough time to get a decent salary and learn the playbook. Otherwise, it doesn't. It is Belichick doing Ocho a solid.

I wasn't commenting on why the Patriots did it, Rob. I figure that they felt Johnson wasn't going to get it, or that the new additions were going to beat him out even if he did, so they were letting a respected veteran go out looking for a job after they couldn't get anything for him. With regards to "nonsensical", I was commenting on the glee of posters over a guy getting cut in early June, for no reason other than them wanting him cut.

Chad Ochocinco ‏@ochocinco

Thoroughly enjoyed the oppurtunity to play for the "Patriot" organization... fans were f**king wicked awesome, I wish all of you the best...

You know, for a guy with a ton of professional pride, last season had to be a living nightmare. But by all accounts he remained a very good teammate, and he has been nothing but gracious with the fans and community. I really do wish him well.

I have the Pats going with 6 WRs:

Lloyd
Welker
Gaffney
Branch
Stallworth
Edelman (because of versatility)

Ebert to the PS.

IMHO, this is the best option at this time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots