PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ocho or Taylor Price..please stand up..

Status
Not open for further replies.

RIpats88

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
IMO this is really the position that is hurting us on offense. you look at every other team out there and they have speedy receivers that can get open on man coverage...we're too focused in the middle of the field and its hurting us with tipped balls etc. we need either one of these 2 to step up in the coming weeks if we want to fix our offense

Branch is too inconsistent from week to week, and it seems that teams are starting to get our 2 TE sets by just clogging the middle.

now, I hope Price can be good to go next week, because he looked promising on that deep route against the steelers. and in the pre-season. it frustrates me when you see all these other teams throwing their rookie wr's our there and weve got him just riding the bench

and honestly, for all the criticism ive given Ocho, Ochocinco looked promising last night. besides that last wrong route on the 3rd down, he was thrown some bad passes that there was no way he couldve gotten

People get mad when you bring up bringing back Moss (and threads get locked for some stupid reason)

but Its ok to keep talking about Price? He's NOT GOING TO DO ANYTHING!

People get mad when you bring up bringing back Moss (and threads get locked for some stupid reason)

what makes you say that?? sure if he keeps getting injured he wont...but he has the physical skillset to help us...he looked great in the preseason

what makes you say that?? sure if he keeps getting injured he wont...but he has the physical skillset to help us...he looked great in the preseason

and the Giants looked like sh!t in the preseason..means nothing

Every week, people want Price, well its just not going to happen.

Well it ain't going to be ocho.....and what the heck is wrong with Price? Is he injured? If not, like you say, what the he(( is keeping BB from getting the guy on the field and see what he can do??? Let him play a whole game...if he sucks go back to the old guy with the gold teeth that keeps running the wrong right angles!!!!

IMO this is really the position that is hurting us on offense. you look at every other team out there and they have speedy receivers that can get open on man coverage...we're too focused in the middle of the field and its hurting us with tipped balls etc. we need either one of these 2 to step up in the coming weeks if we want to fix our offense

Branch is too inconsistent from week to week, and it seems that teams are starting to get our 2 TE sets by just clogging the middle.

now, I hope Price can be good to go next week, because he looked promising on that deep route against the steelers. and in the pre-season. it frustrates me when you see all these other teams throwing their rookie wr's our there and weve got him just riding the bench

and honestly, for all the criticism ive given Ocho, Ochocinco looked promising last night. besides that last wrong route on the 3rd down, he was thrown some bad passes that there was no way he couldve gotten

I second this.

We NEED a Moss, TO, we needed a Jackson or Rice. Get mad homers, it is the truth, we have an offense full of role players, no true number 1.

LOL and so didn't our new "we won't be pushed around" 4/3 defence!
BTW Price looked "great" in one game in the PRESEASON. In the now going on 2 years he has done NOTHING. Did not Johnson and Jackson possess similar "physical skillsets??

BTW Price looked "great" in one game in the PRESEASON. In the now going on 2 years he has done NOTHING. Did not Johnson and Jackson possess similar "physical skillsets??

hes done nothing because he hasnt been on the field...7snaps this year...last year he was redshirted until miami where he looked good against the dolphins.

You dont know what you've got in Taylor Price unless you give him the snaps and targets needed...look at all the other teams throwing their rookie WR's out there and they're having success

give Price a chance to play and see if he can produce

Last edited:

Look, I'm one of the people who really wants this guy on the field but the fact of the matter is that he has done nothing yet. I tought they were going to use him against the Giants but then he truns up with a hammy problem again. Give me a break. Either play the guy or cut him and that goes for Ocho and Price. Ocho isn't doing anything with his opportunities, not that its all his fault but its not working and Price? Who knows what he can do, its all speculation based on camp and one game last season. Otherwise he's hurt, ALL THE TIME.

honestly, I thought Ocho looked pretty decent yesterday...he was beating his man and at least 3 of those balls thrown to him were bad passes where there was no way he was going to catch it....that is promising because that means its just a timing issue/brady not being brady which is something that can be fixed.

I know we keep waiting for him to get it, but yesterday was more on brady than Ocho IMO

honestly, I thought Ocho looked pretty decent yesterday...he was beating his man and at least 3 of those balls thrown to him were bad passes where there was no way he was going to catch it....that is promising because that means its just a timing issue/brady not being brady which is something that can be fixed.

I know we keep waiting for him to get it, but yesterday was more on brady than Ocho IMO

Actually I agree with this for yesterday but if the chemisrty is still not working, we are left to wonder why, with no answers forthcoming, as usual.

Price was quick to stand up and hurt his hammy!

Actually I agree with this for yesterday but if the chemisrty is still not working, we are left to wonder why, with no answers forthcoming, as usual.

id like to think that its brady just playing a poor game yesterday...he wasnt just missing ocho, he was missing his usual targets as well....and just wasnt himself making some poor decisions..until the 4th quarter I didnt think that was brady....if thats the problem, then ocho is "this close" to being productive..and we need it with branch's dissapearing act..

or maybe he doesnt have ocho's tendencies down yet...because honestly its the first time we've seen Ochocinco get open regularly and run his routes correct(mostly)...if he does that more often hopefully they can get on the same page..we saw last week with the underthrown ball to t.price that he maay not have been used to his quickness. so maybe its the same with ocho

Last edited:
The Pats have no deep threat and rely too much on Gronk, Hernandez and Welker. Ocho, Edelman and Price are all ineffective. Ocho and Brady have had time to work together and it appears that it simply isn't working. The regret about not having Moss is not only the deep threat but that he and TB worked well together. The defense against the Pats would change immediately if they had a deep threat and TB completed a couple of 20 or 30 yard passes.

Exactly and defenses know this and we are going to see it all year long until Taylor Price steps out there and starts making plays on the outside. I am sick and tired of this "Price is inactive crap". Get his ass out there, this is getting ridiculous, every damn week with him being inactive after he showed us in the preseason that he can make plays.

Either that or call Randy in here, we need something on the outside, Branch can't beat man coverage and he does become invisible from game to game. We need a play maker out there and right now it's Price or Moss.

He's not gotten a chance to do anything. The reason he's not playing is because Brady doesn't want him out there.

Brady wants old corpses out there with him, so he doesn't feel lonely.

I second this.

We NEED a Moss, TO, we needed a Jackson or Rice. Get mad homers, it is the truth, we have an offense full of role players, no true number 1.

The last time the Giants beat us was a game much like yesterdays...and Moss was on the roster and on the field for most of the offensive snaps. Didn't make much of a difference. For many of the same reasons. Moss couldn't beat double coverage down the stretch even in 2007. And this OL couldn't pass block that day to save their souls. A lot has changed since then, however the outcome remains the same.

Taylor Price apparently stood up in the walkthrough Saturday, and promptly reinjured his hammy. Ocho is standing up a lot lately, on the sidelines and in between series because Brady won't let him sit within 10 yards of him on the bench now that it's mid season and he still can't grasp the offense.

Last edited:
He's not gotten a chance to do anything. The reason he's not playing is because Brady doesn't want him out there.

Brady wants old corpses out there with him, so he doesn't feel lonely.

Great, another out of town malcontent enters the fray... Go root for the Browns.

Molewisrocks.....you cant blame ochocinco, he got open multiple times but brady threw him some uncatchable balls...a player like Moss(or if ocho/brady can get on the same page) would help this offense alot..we're basically playing with 3 targets out there when Branch goes into dissapear mode

if Price is healthy next week, throw him out there...its just frustrating when you see teams like the Jets throw Kerley out there and hes having success as a rookie...and we let our players ride the bench because brady doesnt have their "trust" the only way to build trust is to get him out on the field and make plays

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes