PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ocho Cinco Next?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As extatic as I was to see Moss traded to Minnesota I'd take him back in a heartbeat over Chad.

I'm confused who is this Moss character? Never heard of him before. Has anyone here ever brought that name up before?

Edelman who I really like and I assume Price were signed to be career backups. If not they would have gotten more opportunity already.

Ocho was signed tone a starter period, until he quits, says something dumb, or gets hurt he is starting.

Well, at least he's keeping his sense of humor:

ochocinco Chad Ochocinco
Because i'm on his fantasy team. RT @elzenun: @ochocinco If that's Jesus, why is he crying?
about an hour ago

why cut him? He is coming along just as planned.

To this casual viewer this is about numbers.. there are about 70 Offensive Plays per game..

Roughly about:

28 Running Plays

42 Pass attempts
15 to Welker
10 to Gronkowski
10 to Hernandez
5 to Branch
2 out of the backfield

With Faulk returning, Woodhead healthy there will be more touches here.

Inow there are not a lot more touches left, who are you going to take the ball away from???...

Branch has had a lot of injury problems... Ocho Cinco is a nice depth problem, there are too many haters of Ocho Cinco..

If he was not performing BB would cut him.. it is a long season, lets see how he did in January.. patience is the key.

cannon would replace donald thomas
I would be suprised to see both deaderick and brace get all the way back to the roster
faulk would likely mean the end for ocho, but to me, that's a tough call......I'm not sure faulk can be effective on the field anymore

I feel like Ocho has some hatred towards Pittsburgh. I know there is some bad blood left in there.

Ocho goes for 2 TDs against the Squealers on Sunday, book it

Is it really that hard to realize? Going to 4 WRs on the roster is beyond dumb. THERE IS NO ONE TO REPLACE OCHOCINCO.

Taylor Price clearly hasn't been good enough to earn any playing time even though Ochocinco has been terrible. Edelmen is reallly just Welker insurance and kick return fodder. Neither are viable guys to take the role Ochocinco has. He is here for the year.

0 - 0 = 0

Who would miss him?

For no reason relating to anything we've seen to date on the field to date, I think 85 is going to have a positive impact in an important moment or two this year. He's not without talent.

How many threads do we need about cut ocho? He is better than price.he wants to he here.he's healthy.he works hard.he will be good for us people act on this board like he stole there wife

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

For no reason relating to anything we've seen to date on the field to date, I think 85 is going to have a positive impact in an important moment or two this year. He's not without talent.

I hope you're right...and the sooner the better to calm alot of fans fears around here. :)

I mean, if you cut him who takes his place? The receiving core is already thin, he hasn't been good. Don't get me wrong, if we had someone behind him who Coach Belichick thought would be better he'd probably have been gone two weeks ago.

Can you please show we what other receivers in the league who are the 5th/6th option who have more catches than Ocho? Thanks in advance..

Even in his prime,Ocho has been a joke to the Steelers who have made him thier b!tch twice a year for nearly a decade.

That won't change this weekend

If there is any factor to win this weeks game, it won't include Ocho as part of it.

Actually, in his prime, Chad has some very good games against Pittsburgh. But, the reality is that Chad is not in his prime. However, he also never played on a team with as much talent around him as the Pats have currently.

So who are the 3 or 4 that are cut or IR'd to make room for PUP returnees?

Does Deaderick get waived possibly and put on the PS?

With Bodden gone, do they activate Faulk for the Pitt game?

questions questions :D

Deaderick is not eligible for the practice squad.

I'm pulling for Chad to eventually blossom in this offense. That only would be a good thing. I don't understand why so many "fans" here are fascinated with a "death watch" on this guy's Pats tenure.

Edelman who I really like and I assume Price were signed to be career backups. If not they would have gotten more opportunity already.

Ocho was signed tone a starter period, until he quits, says something dumb, or gets hurt he is starting.

So you even follow football? Edelman and Price were both draft picks. What their potential was when they were drafted, only the Pats know. However, to sit there and claim that they'd have gotten more opporunity already when they have Welker, Branch, Gronkowski and Hernandez in front of them and the Pats shifted more to a 2 TE set as their base tells me you don't actually watch the games. It also tells me that your basis is fundamentally flawed.

Bodden was cut because he wasn't playing up to his contract. He was playing #3 WR behind Arrington and McCoutry and possibly even further then that if Dowling ever gets back on the field. He's the 2nd highest paid player on the team so he should of been playing much better.

Cutting Ocho on the other hand doesn't give you much cap-wise. As long as he doesn't make mistakes then he'll be living up to his small contract this year. His salary doubles next year so should his productivity.

One guy that should be concerned is Shaun Ellis. He is on pace to have his worst year of his career. A 2.7 million cap savings if cut, and a couple of DL coming off PUP, it might not be a good time for him to have an off day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots