PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ochmed, Ninja and all Draftniks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frick

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Next to the Patriots winning the Super Bowl, I'd love to see all of you guys start your own website. That is, a website that deals with prospects that would fall from say the 5th round down to UDFA's.

Years ago, hoboes used to take whatever they could get their hands on and turn it into a Mulligan stew. As far as the prospects you would cover, it would be a Mulligan stew (catchy name for a website!). As far as I know, nobody's attempted it and think of all the thousands who would follow your coverage. Mike Florio found a niche and ended up going big time. I honestly believe you could become the "Wikipedia" of late round and undrafted prospects. IMHO you have the skill and talent to pull it off and, of course, Off the Grid would be in charge of illustrations (nobody does it better). Think of all the sports writers that cover these small time schools that would be more than happy to have their articles go nationwide on your website. And, the coaches at these smalltime schools would be more than happy to cooperate with a website that could get their names and their players names mentioned nationally. And, don't forget, the sports agents that would probably bend over backwards to get the UDFA's that they represent more publicity. Sleeper picks would be your bread and butter and I truly believe with all my heart that it would be a success.

I'd love to see you do it.

Frick

Not looking to steal anyone's thunder here... but we do cover prospects high and low at NEPatriotsDraft.com. We have film broken down from Western Michigan, Bethune-Cookman, Northern Illinois, UT-Chattanooga, Appalachian State, etc... (Archive Here)

We'll also be covering the FCS, DII, DIII, NAIA combine this year. Our writer Matthew Elder is one of the top small-school experts in the land and is on the selection committee there.

If there are any prospects you'd like to see us cover, let me know.

Last edited:
Thanks that's good to know, I'm glad more thought is going into these late round, UDFA's and so-called sleeper picks, especially considering how many of them attend the Pro Bowl every year. You've always had a great site and the additions you mentioned will make it even better.

Thanks for the Shout Out.

OFF THE GRID- I never took anything you said as a personal attack,as a matter of fact, I'm a big fan of yours. If we all agreed,as Freud put it YUK!

If you say I've shown bad form,it's way better than the laughter I heard on my wedding night. And if you keep your 1/8 English in check, I'll keep my 1/2 Irish in check. I come from a long line of Irish horse thieves,who if they hadn't gotten so dizzy when the carousel got turned on, we'd all be rich today.

I may be in the minority, but I'd love even more draft sites. NEPatriotsDraft.com is excellent,but so many aren't open year round & many are you know C. Smith LB, D. Jones S. What are they ILB,OLB,FS,SS, safety razor, I'm afraid they don't even know.

If at times I become redundant, part of the blame falls on all of you . . . you should have caught me in the first place when I was just dundant!

Off The Grid said:
Brother Frick, let me say something for the record, as I believe you deserve an explanation for my initially acerbic attitude towards you: Your initial approach towards the UFA world, a few months ago ~ I simply refuse to subscribe to the prevalent and hideous use of "UDFA" :mad: ~ was, shall we say, stylistically divergent with my own approach: You see, there was already a well populated UFA Thread or two ~ which I'd contributed heavily to, by the way ~ and your choice to open up a redundant Thread irked and annoyed me, I must confess, as the other Threads ~ or at least one of them, anyway ~ were both worthy and still quite "current", and my 1/8 of English blood objected to what I perceived as "Bad Form."

Most of us, I believe, would've preferred that you comment on the current thread, and bring in any fresh Prospects you had to share. It struck me as GrandStanding, and a bit dismissive of the contributions the rest of us had already made...at the time. Please don't take any of this as fresh criticism or even an attack: It is meant, rather, as an explanation for my initially caustic attitude towards you. The divergences in our styles remain, but it's pretty clear, at this point, that you're a good guy, and I just felt that you deserved an explanation.

It seems clear that I had you wrong: You're just a bubbling Draft Enthusiast, like myself, and a substantial Contributor. So...Here's TO ya!! :eat1:

OFF THE GRID- I never took anything you said as a personal attack,as a matter of fact, I'm a big fan of yours. If we all agreed,as Freud put it YUK!

If you say I've shown bad form,it's way better than the laughter I heard on my wedding night. And if you keep your 1/8 English in check, I'll keep my 1/2 Irish in check. I come from a long line of Irish horse thieves,who if they hadn't gotten so dizzy when the carousel got turned on, we'd all be rich today.

I may be in the minority, but I'd love even more draft sites. NEPatriotsDraft.com is excellent,but so many aren't open year round & many are you know C. Smith LB, D. Jones S. What are they ILB,OLB,FS,SS, safety razor, I'm afraid they don't even know.

If at times I become redundant, part of the blame falls on all of you . . . you should have caught me in the first place when I was just dundant!

Thanks for your kind words...and for bearing ~ forbearing?? ~ with my occasionally cantankerous ways, Brother Frick!! :D

You know, in that last line of yours, I can almost sense ~ ever so faintly ~ an ethereal whiff of Tom Lehrer...:eek:

Glad to hear you've got an huge chunk of Irish in you...as do ALL the best people, don't you agree?? :D

I have been downloading a bunch of college games each week. Mostly from Big name schools. Will start working on them in Jan/Feb.
All I would need is people giving me the name of the player and school, and if I gave it on my external drive, I shall crop and chop.

Now only if I could ever get a link to download some U of Virginia games (That DE/OLB).

When I was a little kid, I got so excited on Sunday morning, I'd turn on the radio and listen to a lady that would read the Sunday funnies (hard to believe some of us couldn't afford the paper) and today, decades later I get just as excited reading all of your comments. Do we all let our emotions lead us on the wrong path sometime, sure, but it proves we're alive & human.

Grid as for my Irish blood, if the truth be known, I hated the song "Danny Boy". Me Saintly Mother was famous for saying I'll break your arm off and beat you over the head with the bloody stump. And Irish humor more than likely will get you trouble. A nun one day was showing pictures of the Sistine Chapel and asked me what I thought when I saw it, without hesitation I said " Pull my finger" at that moment I found out she'd received her training at "Our Lady of the Left Hook". And when an Irish cleric is explaining that St. Patrick drove the snakes from Ireland, do not say couldn't they have taken a bus. My favorite English teacher told me " You will forever live in an abysmal morass or ignorance". God bless him, he was right.

Thanks for the kind words, but at the end of the day, I have all I can handle with getting games on TV that fans can enjoy from the comfort of their homes.

Our last broadcasts of the year is the SEC championship game. Once that is over and the combine comes around, then we should really start talking up prospects from all rounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes