PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ochmed Jones Final Mock

Ochmed Jones

Pro Bowl Player
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
I still think the Pats are looking to get up to get Crabtree or Andre Smith but since neither will fall far even to make it work, here is my best guess at what BB does:

#23 CB Butler of Uconn - Extremely confident, Quick twitch and decent ball skills. Perfect for the BB soft zone defense.

#34 OLB Barwin of Cincy - Very raw, will need time to sit and learn technique while getting stronger.

#47 TRADE to Tampa for #81 in 2009 and a 2nd rounder in 2010.

#58 Moore SS of MIzzu - Injured for much of last season, but showed the year before that he is a playmaker.

#81 Lang OG of Eastern Michigan - Nasty! Nasty! and more Nasty!!!!!

#89 TRADE to Houston for #122 in 2009 and a third rounder in 2010.

#97 Bruton FS of Notre Dame - Works on ST while learning the system.

#122 Vollmer OT of Houston - Huge 6 foot 8 inch mauler.

#124 Quinn TE of UNC - Blocking and maybe some catching near the goal line.

#170 Kelly WR of Clemson - great size and speed but was a victim of Clemson's miserable OL last season.

#199 Brandstater QB of Fresno State - has the size and intangibles, just needs a lot of work on reading defenses and being smart with the ball.

#207 Reed ILB of Oregon - playing a new position, but if he can play ST while learning the position, like Bruschi, he could be a player.

#234 Toal FB of BC - a jersey guy for a jersey coach. Maybe they can sing Bon jovi songs together.

Barwin and Lang, only LB Jason Williams could have made it better.

Reed really does remind me of Bruschi. I'd love to give him a shot at this point in the draft.

I like the trades you've made, too. I hope we see something similar today, though I'd rather end up with other guys. Still, I'd be perfectly happy if the draft shook out like that.

Nice Mock, my only gripe is that I never like trading a pick for a future pick in the same round the next year without getting anything else in return.

Nice Mock, my only gripe is that I never like trading a pick for a future pick in the same round the next year without getting anything else in return.

I believe we got two picks for each trade? They were pretty fair trades, overall.

I really like the Brandstater pick. He's got the size and has nice touch. I believe his arm is a bit better than some of his writeups indicate.

I really like the Brandstater pick. He's got the size and has nice touch. I believe his arm is a bit better than some of his writeups indicate.

Brandstater is one of two QBs that I really like late.. The other is Mike Reilly from Central Washington.

Brandstater is one of two QBs that I really like late.. The other is Mike Reilly from Central Washington.

I like Reilly and Teel from Rutgers. Teel looked much better with a running game two seasons ago.

I like Reilly and Teel from Rutgers. Teel looked much better with a running game two seasons ago.

*nod* Its why Reilly made my list and Teel didn't

Hit two picks already. Not too shabby!

Hit two picks already. Not too shabby!

You know, I did not get any rounds correct, but this is the second time I have gotten two picks correct. I think the key is to pick players that fit what the Pats do and notplayers that you like.

I am still hopeful that I can get one or two more correct tomorrow.

You know, I did not get any rounds correct, but this is the second time I have gotten two picks correct. I think the key is to pick players that fit what the Pats do and notplayers that you like.

I am still hopeful that I can get one or two more correct tomorrow.

You may have been the only one I have seen ANYWHERE which had Vollmer as a Pats pick - Good Job!

You may have been the only one I have seen ANYWHERE which had Vollmer as a Pats pick - Good Job!

Believe it or not I think the reason the Pats overdrafted Vollmer is because the Giants were going to take him later in the round.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back