Ochmed Jones final Mock Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ochmed Jones

Pro Bowl Player
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
In the words of BB "big guys that run fast"

Trade: Mayo and #229 and a 2011 third round pick to Jacksonville for ILB McClain of Alabama. (BB has a horrible track record with non-comp picks in the third round, so I am taking a future tradegy out of the picture now to save us all the pain of another Brock Williams!!!!!!)

Everybody knows I am not a fan of Mayo, he makes zero big plays. But has a lot of percieved value, which makes him tradable. McClain has a year more time in our defense and is ubber intelligent. No one makes more tackles at or behind the LOS on stretch running plays than McClain.

#22 Trade to Arizona for #26 and #89.

#26 NT Mt. Cody of Alabama. (Wilfork moves to DE) Our defense was pushed around and abused last year. It was uglier than listening to an adult Jets fan trying to read a preschool book out loud and not pronouncing the words correctly. With Mt. Cody in the middle no one runs on us. We become the bullies again! BB I hope you are listening, we want bullies on the D Line. On third and long, Pryor and Wright replace Wilfork and Cody.

#44 OLB Dunlap of Florida. Best impersonation of Willie since Willie. Can set the edge and rush, will need to learn how to cover in space.

#47 WR D Williams of USC. Best route runner in the draft. With the signing of Holt, he makes an excellent developmental prospect, with a year to learn option route running.

#53 OLB Neshiam of Washington. I know, on tape he is not explosive or shows great burst, but he gets the job done. He can set the edge, play ST and tackle. On third down he is replaced by TBC.

#89 OG Mike Johnson of Alabama. Experience in a zone blocking scheme. Quick as a cat at the snap of the ball and good with his hands. Can get to the second level and mash linebackers. Hiesman winner Ingram spent last season running behind him and Carpenter.

#119 ILB AJ Edds of Iowa. Strong smart player that can excels in coverage. Eventually takes Guyton's place. ST demon in training. (Sorry Alexander)

#190 DE Deaderick of Alabama. Experience in the five technique. Not an immediate starter, but can be plugged in if Wilfork goes down again this season.

#205 TE Peek of Alabama. Strong blocker! Will catch passes in the seams. Not the best hands, but reliable.

#231 RB Scott of LSU. I am gambling that he is healthy. Strong runner, but not a lot of wear and tear on the tires.

#247 ROT Adam Ulatoski of Texas. Expereince in a zone blocking scheme similar to ours and tons of big game experience. Better pass blocker than run blocker, but that is why we have Dante.

#248 FB Jameson Konz of Kent State. Back to the well one more time. A FB that runs a 4.3 forty is a nightmare for defenses.

#250 P Zoltan Mesko. I admit it, I love the name! Maybe his parents had a sense of humor.

#250 P Zoltan Mesko. I admit it, I love the name! Maybe his parents had a sense of humor.

Not humor: Mesko's name. He was born in Romania.

Humor: You couldn't find more players from Alabama to take?

Well, it worked for Alabama . . . ?

:confused2:

Nice effort I guess but... terrible.

Hate the Dunlap pick. Also don't care for the pick of Colin Peek or Scott from LSU or Mesko..

Just personal preferences:

I like Asomoah over Johnson.
I like Mickey Shuler or Scott Sicko over Peek.
Either Brandtner or Bowden over Mesko.

You know, we could probably trade Brady to the Rams for the #1 pick and then pay Tebow $20million/year. In fact, you should throw that in your draft just to make sure everyone gets your sarcasm.

Last edited:
That's just idiocy.. Ochmed's draft is lightyears ahead of My2cents..

Thats why i said maybe because i haven't seen all the mocks. But any draft that has us trading away Jerod Mayo and drafting every Alabama single player available is not the best draft in the world.

Whats with all the Alabama players? And trading away Mayo??? I don't like this mock at all!

In the words of BB "big guys that run fast"

Trade: Mayo and #229 and a 2011 third round pick to Jacksonville for ILB McClain of Alabama. (BB has a horrible track record with non-comp picks in the third round, so I am taking a future tradegy out of the picture now to save us all the pain of another Brock Williams!!!!!!)

Everybody knows I am not a fan of Mayo, he makes zero big plays. But has a lot of percieved value, which makes him tradable. McClain has a year more time in our defense and is ubber intelligent. No one makes more tackles at or behind the LOS on stretch running plays than McClain.

#22 Trade to Arizona for #26 and #89.

#26 NT Mt. Cody of Alabama. (Wilfork moves to DE) Our defense was pushed around and abused last year. It was uglier than listening to an adult Jets fan trying to read a preschool book out loud and not pronouncing the words correctly. With Mt. Cody in the middle no one runs on us. We become the bullies again! BB I hope you are listening, we want bullies on the D Line. On third and long, Pryor and Wright replace Wilfork and Cody.

#44 OLB Dunlap of Florida. Best impersonation of Willie since Willie. Can set the edge and rush, will need to learn how to cover in space.

#47 WR D Williams of USC. Best route runner in the draft. With the signing of Holt, he makes an excellent developmental prospect, with a year to learn option route running.

#53 OLB Neshiam of Washington. I know, on tape he is not explosive or shows great burst, but he gets the job done. He can set the edge, play ST and tackle. On third down he is replaced by TBC.

#89 OG Mike Johnson of Alabama. Experience in a zone blocking scheme. Quick as a cat at the snap of the ball and good with his hands. Can get to the second level and mash linebackers. Hiesman winner Ingram spent last season running behind him and Carpenter.

#119 ILB AJ Edds of Iowa. Strong smart player that can excels in coverage. Eventually takes Guyton's place. ST demon in training. (Sorry Alexander)

#190 DE Deaderick of Alabama. Experience in the five technique. Not an immediate starter, but can be plugged in if Wilfork goes down again this season.

#205 TE Peek of Alabama. Strong blocker! Will catch passes in the seams. Not the best hands, but reliable.

#231 RB Scott of LSU. I am gambling that he is healthy. Strong runner, but not a lot of wear and tear on the tires.

#247 ROT Adam Ulatoski of Texas. Expereince in a zone blocking scheme similar to ours and tons of big game experience. Better pass blocker than run blocker, but that is why we have Dante.

#248 FB Jameson Konz of Kent State. Back to the well one more time. A FB that runs a 4.3 forty is a nightmare for defenses.

Interesting Mock. I don't know abut a 6' 1" 350 lb DE, but nice to see something different. Peek looked great blocking against Kindle and also made some nice catches.

Whats with all the Alabama players? And trading away Mayo??? I don't like this mock at all!
Ochmed is staying true to his secret self (he's really Nick Saban). ;)

No Saban we don't need your entire roster :)

Last edited:
I like your bold statements, particularly about Mayo, but drafting Cody would be extremely stupid. Not only is he not athletic, but extremely weak for his size.

So basically we trade our 2nd best, proven defensive player, for an unproven player (I'm not saying McClain won't be great) of the same position, and then draft all of his college team mates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back