Welcome to PatsFans.com

Occupy Wall Street busy protesting.... uh.... something

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Wolfpack, Oct 9, 2011.

1. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Can anyone please explain to me precisely what these losers are actually trying to accomplish? No seriously, what exactly is their agenda? I don't think even they themselves know. They're just a bunch of spoiled brats skipping class and uploading pics from their iPhones (which were made by another evil corporation).
  2. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +160 / 4 / -4

It's actually quite an assortment of people, even Ron Paul supporters, who are fed up with the greed of Wall Street and a variety of government policies, such as Afghanistan and Iraq. There are quite a few Ron Paul supporters among them, but there are certainly some liberals. But, why are you making it into a class war by calling them spoiled brats? They might see people like you as spoiled brats (or simply irresponsible) for objecting to tax increases so that we can pay down our debt.
  3. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

OK sure Patters. I'm the one making it a class war. :rolleyes:
    I'll gladly support tax increases once we get spending under control. Otherwise you're just giving free money to a drunken sailor on weekend leave in Tijuana.

(Actually I think a drunken sailor in Tijuana exercises more personal restraint and financial discipline than congress does)
  4. Patters

Ratings:
    +160 / 4 / -4

Yes, it sounds like you're putting down well to do people (spoiled brats), suggesting that when they protest it doesn't count for much. Or perhaps I'll start calling all those coddled people of Wall Street and business publications "spoiled brats" for their extreme sense of entitlement.
  5. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

By all means, please don't let me leave any ambiguity about it. I am not trying to "suggest" that when they protest it doesn't count for much; that is precisely what I saying directly.
    Go ahead if it makes you happy. But they're not the ones throwing a temper tantrum up and down the streets.
  6. Ilikehappyppl

Ilikehappyppl Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The same thing as the Tea Party, instead of big over bearing government its big over bearing corporations. BTW some might be losers as some of the tea party members are but some are just in their actions and are a sigh of true change.

Big Corps/Banks are as bad if not worse then big government.....Ask Jefferson!

Thomas Jefferson Feared an Aristocracy of Corporations | The Nation

Edit: Also the tea party is backed by MILLIONAIRES! In case you didn't get the memo.....these ppl are everyday ppl, some are poor some are sick and some are like me and you...
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2011
  7. Ilikehappyppl

Ilikehappyppl Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

YEAH! their just milking the system and taking huge bailouts that none of us would ever get......But they don't complain or *****......damn man do you read what you type before you type it???:bricks:
  8. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +173 / 5 / -22

The right continues to be confused by a grassroots organization, that is trying to influence the real power in this country.

Just like the right was confused 50 years ago in the anti war movement, feminist and civil rights movements. They cannot wrap their heads around that change can happen from a group of people who are exercising their constitutional freedoms.

The continued name calling of any group, instantly negates any semblance of intelligent conversation.. so why try???

One might say from the number of threads started by the extreme righties, that the 99%'ers in are their head.
  9. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +325 / 6 / -8

Rightist populism = good
    Left populism = bad

Gotcha.

Please be quiet edited.

PFnV
  10. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +149 / 2 / -1

Of course -- just like criticism of our President at a time of war was treasonous when the President was a Republican, but it's patriotic dissent now that the President at a time of war is a Dem.
  11. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +328 / 1 / -9

12. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +173 / 5 / -22

Because the protestors are not all white and not dressed up in halloween costumes depicting the american revolution, they are young and old, minority and white, union and not working .. their beef is with the inequities created by the folks on Wall Street...

The TARP Program was passed by George Bush.. know that is confusing, but that is a fact jack.
  13. Patters

Ratings:
    +160 / 4 / -4

Sure they are. Haven't you read the news? Eric Cantor, Fox News, and many others are stamping their feet, engaging in name calling, and so on. And who do you think is behind them? Wall Street! The rich have their henchmen do the dirty work for them, that's the only difference. And, as far as the conservative poor, many Tea Partiers are constantly whining like babies, still complaining that Obama is not an American, that Romney is not a real Christian, that the government is trying to take away their guns, and that their miserable lives are the fault of everyone but themselves. They go to rallies and conferences and whine about everything and everyone but their own incompetence in life.
  14. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +149 / 2 / -1

You have your facts wrong.

(shocking...)
  15. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +120 / 7 / -12

Drug dealers and crimnals are part of the contingent in NYC.

[​IMG]
  16. Ilikehappyppl

Ilikehappyppl Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

So a few bad apples, makes them all bad? Just like the Tea Party protesters holding up racist signs means all the Tea Party are racists?

I didn't think so.....there is always going to be a few dumb asses in every crowd just cause you like the greed and gluttony of wall street doesn't mean you have to try and make others look bad so your cause looks good, your just more of the same Patsfan13.....

Your part of the problem and not part of the solution......gratz! Your mother would be proud! I know you and others are just mad, cause this is a true grass root movement and your "Tea Party" is a millionaire root movement....

Its great when millionaires ***** about a few more $$$ while the rest of us worry about putting food on the table and paying our mortgages.....makes you look real good!;)
  17. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +120 / 7 / -12

Did I say ALL BAD?

Well no but straw men are fun to play with I guess.

Some are anti capitalist lefties, some a clueless, some are looking for handouts, and some may be there for something else.

Like I have said in other threads Obama and his millionaire contributors are laughing their a**es off at these folks at his 50K per plate fundraisers.
  18. The Brandon Five

The Brandon Five Rookie

Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

There is a group near my office (actually on the grounds of the CT State Capitol): "Occupy Hartford".

[​IMG]

I'd be interested to hear how those who work for colleges and universities feel about the idea of free college and graduate education...

[​IMG]

I bet most of you didn't know that people didn't eat before the idea of the corporation was invented.
  19. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +149 / 2 / -1

Just like the tea party and the pubbies, and just one more disingenuous post from 13
  20. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +346 / 8 / -3

#12 Jersey

Epic fail, 13.

The very first sentence of your cited article negates that "drug dealers and criminals are part of the contingent" as you attempt to claim.

The criminals are crashing the party.

Party crashers are not part of the party. Why do you even try to portray things as other than they are? Do you think we're that stupid that we will not read whatever article you are linking to and find out that you've, once again, totally misconstrued the article, changed the meaning and distorted the story to fullfill some misguided need of your own for the truth to be anything but what it is?