Welcome to PatsFans.com

O'callaghan-much respect due

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by holyredeemer, May 2, 2006.

1. holyredeemer

holyredeemer Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

I know alot of people aren't going to believe this, but I thought I would just post it anyways. When Ryan was drafted by the Pats, I was caught by total surprise because I hadn't even known he was up for the draft. Ryan played football for Enterprise H.S. in Redding California. I played safety/lb for Central Valley Highschool, which is a small town outside of Redding. My H.S. team and I played Enterprise once a year, and I had alot of friends on that football squad.
    They were an unbelievable H.S. football team for our area. Always playing smashmouth and destroying everyone they faced up against. I remember Ryan in particular. He was fast, huge, and incredibly strong. Alot of players on that team had a mouth on them, but he was quiet and just killed ya. I don't know how the guy is doing lately, but I just find the whole idea of a local player, whom I played against, is now in the NFL and on my favorite team to boot.
    Don't know if he'll ever read this, but I just want to wish him the best of luck on his new career. Our town of Redding is a **** town, and it's always awesome to hear of young people finding a way out of it.
    So, here's a cheers for Ryan and his family.:eat3:
  2. Remix 6

Remix 6 Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

i think hes a steal for us. he fell a lot .. was a 2nd rounder but i guess injuries got to him.
  3. flutie2phelan

flutie2phelan Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Glad u put that up, holy.

Twice last summer it was my privilege to spend a few days each time in the majestic Shasta - Lassen area,
    centered on Redding as you know (but others may not.)

This will add quite a tickle as i, also, follow Ryan's career with interest ... much like the fillip i feel following our duo from Porterville (Sanders and Mankins).
  4. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

re

His new nickname is officially "Billy Bob"

5. bishbash

bishbash Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Viewing his highlight reel, he looks like a mountain that can MOVE (when he wants to)!
  6. Gon_Trevil

Gon_Trevil Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

For some reason, I think I believe you.
  7. holyredeemer

holyredeemer Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Yeah, Mt. Shasta and Mt. Lassen are some of the most beautiful sites around. The snow lifts on Shasta are a blast, and boarding on that lake during the summer is great fun too. May I ask what you were doing there for those few days? Vacation??
  8. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

JJ Arrington, and Marshawn Lynch almost always had their big runs busting up through his lanes. From all the Cal fans here in teh bay, they agree that this guy was a steal.
  9. Ochmed Jones

Ochmed Jones Rookie

Ratings:
    +14 / 2 / -0

#12 Jersey

Three shoulder surgeries, multiple concussions, something wrong with the wrist. He had a rough college career, that's for sure.
  10. bucky

bucky Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

And amazingly he only missed 1 game in 4 years! The 2 concussions are defintely a concern though.
  11. ilduce06410

ilduce06410 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

the more concussions you have...

the higher your risk of having subsequent concussions.
    PAC-10 has been a tough conference for decades, with hard hitting and speed-burners to boot.
    the shoulder surgeries explain why he has an upside on upper-body strength.
    but the concussions are a point of concern. nfl is 'not for long' for a reason. he could be retiring at age 26.