PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

O'callaghan-much respect due

Status
Not open for further replies.

holyredeemer

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I know alot of people aren't going to believe this, but I thought I would just post it anyways. When Ryan was drafted by the Pats, I was caught by total surprise because I hadn't even known he was up for the draft. Ryan played football for Enterprise H.S. in Redding California. I played safety/lb for Central Valley Highschool, which is a small town outside of Redding. My H.S. team and I played Enterprise once a year, and I had alot of friends on that football squad.
They were an unbelievable H.S. football team for our area. Always playing smashmouth and destroying everyone they faced up against. I remember Ryan in particular. He was fast, huge, and incredibly strong. Alot of players on that team had a mouth on them, but he was quiet and just killed ya. I don't know how the guy is doing lately, but I just find the whole idea of a local player, whom I played against, is now in the NFL and on my favorite team to boot.
Don't know if he'll ever read this, but I just want to wish him the best of luck on his new career. Our town of Redding is a **** town, and it's always awesome to hear of young people finding a way out of it.
So, here's a cheers for Ryan and his family.:eat3:

i think hes a steal for us. he fell a lot .. was a 2nd rounder but i guess injuries got to him.

Glad u put that up, holy.

Twice last summer it was my privilege to spend a few days each time in the majestic Shasta - Lassen area,
centered on Redding as you know (but others may not.)

This will add quite a tickle as i, also, follow Ryan's career with interest ... much like the fillip i feel following our duo from Porterville (Sanders and Mankins).

re

His new nickname is officially "Billy Bob"

Viewing his highlight reel, he looks like a mountain that can MOVE (when he wants to)!

For some reason, I think I believe you.

flutie2phelan said:
Glad u put that up, holy.

Twice last summer it was my privilege to spend a few days each time in the majestic Shasta - Lassen area,
centered on Redding as you know (but others may not.)

This will add quite a tickle as i, also, follow Ryan's career with interest ... much like the fillip i feel following our duo from Porterville (Sanders and Mankins).

Yeah, Mt. Shasta and Mt. Lassen are some of the most beautiful sites around. The snow lifts on Shasta are a blast, and boarding on that lake during the summer is great fun too. May I ask what you were doing there for those few days? Vacation??

JJ Arrington, and Marshawn Lynch almost always had their big runs busting up through his lanes. From all the Cal fans here in teh bay, they agree that this guy was a steal.

Three shoulder surgeries, multiple concussions, something wrong with the wrist. He had a rough college career, that's for sure.

Ochmed Jones said:
Three shoulder surgeries, multiple concussions, something wrong with the wrist. He had a rough college career, that's for sure.

And amazingly he only missed 1 game in 4 years! The 2 concussions are defintely a concern though.

the more concussions you have...

Ochmed Jones said:
the higher your risk of having subsequent concussions.
PAC-10 has been a tough conference for decades, with hard hitting and speed-burners to boot.
the shoulder surgeries explain why he has an upside on upper-body strength.
but the concussions are a point of concern. nfl is 'not for long' for a reason. he could be retiring at age 26.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes