Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFanInVa

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Bills-Lions SB.

Okay, make it Pats over Bills in AFC championship, Pats-Lions SB.

Really impressed w/Detroit, but of course, this thread is tongue-in-cheek. It's the first-quarter report card. Would still be cool to see them take their division against the Pack & the Bears.

PFnV

I think the only "Obvious conclusion" after four games this season is that there is no obvious conclusion.

I'd call the NFL since 2000, "The Belichick Era." By that I mean that any team that is well coached, has a good+ starting QB, escapes devastating injuries and plays a tough 60 minutes of football for 16 weeks can be in it at the end.

In the NFC, the Pack is playing lights out, but yesterday, the Giants reminded us, maddeningly, that they have a QB who plays little better than average most of the time and then can seize a lucky break or an opportunity and play lights out when he has to (two TD's in 58 seconds). And, as much as we like to dis him, Rex Grossman has taken a team to the SB and is now playing for an HC who's taken home the big bling twice. The Lions could prove to be the real deal.

In the AFC, I don't see any team dominating at this point. The Pats are among a cadre of very good teams with important weaknesses; the Ravens look like they might be ready to put it all together in a year when the Steelers are faltering, but, I wouldn't rule out any AFC team with two or more wins from being in the mix until the end.

Bottom line. Fasten your seat belts.

Last edited:
The Latin word sic, meaning "thus", is typically used when copying or transcribing text containing errors. The implication is that the text has been reproduced as it was in the source ("thus"), and the error is not that of the proximate author.

I therefore do not understand the use of sic in this context.

Carry on.

Last edited:
The Latin word sic, meaning "thus", is typically used when copying or transcribing text containing errors. The implication is that the text has been reproduced as it was in the source ("thus"), and the error is not that of the proximate author.

Carry on.

As Winston Churchill once said, "This is the sort of pedantry up with which I shall not put." :)

I assumed that the OP was poking fun at the erroneous use of the phrase "Obvious conclusion," as, although it does not contain a transcription error, it is, as a statement, erroneous because there is, indeed, no "Obvious conclusion" at this part of the season.

Last edited:

Carry on.

Reading you post made me sic....or was that from watching the Pats defense

I think the Lions were heading back down to earth yesterday along with the Buffalos to join the rest of the flawed teams only fortunately for them Tony Romo wouldn't allow it...

I think the Lions were heading back down to earth yesterday along with the Buffalos to join the rest of the flawed teams only fortunately for them Tony Romo wouldn't allow it...

Yeah, Romo should expect some very nice Christmas presents from the Lions and Jets in a couple of months! Even the NY media pointed out this morning that without his "gifts" late in the game in week one, the Jests would be 1--3, looking at 1--4.

And as for Flacco the flatliner...he's got more than a little Romo in him. As in a way does overly emotional Sanchize... It's why neither of them or him will ever be elite QB's no matter how many meaningless yards or comebacks to nowhere they manage to inconsistently pull out of their asses...

Last edited:
If we could conclude after 4 games it would be that the Patriots do not have a Super Bowl winning defense, WITH J. Mayo. Without? Ooh, this could get scary. Fortunately, we have 12 weeks to figure this out, if it's figure-out-able (sic).

im looking forward to that pack-lions games this year, they should prove telling

right now there are a bunch of very good teams throughout the whole NFL, only ONE team can be considered great, (pack)

however, there is not ONE defense in the NFL right now that can be called very good

every team that is winning is doing it b/c of their offense

even the packers are getting some points hung on them, though

watch out for houston in the AFC....they have all the pieces, they just need to get their heads right.....they might be the most complete team in the AFC right now (assuming andre johnson comes back ok).....they can make plays on both sides of the ball, they can run & throw.....secondary is the greatest, but....

AFC is wide open right now.....teams overall are adjusting to the practice rules, and it is showing with shoddy fundamental D play, offenses just have a major advantage.....i am interested to see if this trend fades as the season progresses and the weather gets worse

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes