PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Observations From Being At The Bears Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
But this is only anecdotal, betcha last week Testaverde had influence and no one noticed... this week the O game plan was flawed, as Vinny was not consulted. If he was consulted Chad Jackson would have caught those 2 long passes, it would have only been a double reverse and Watson would not have deflected that pass. In other words, if he was called upon it would have been 38-13.

But can you say with 100% certainty that Vinny isnt calling the plays?
How do you know that he hasnt developed telepathy?
Maybe he had a microchip implanted in his brain this fall (thats why we didnt sign him until now) that transmits all of his thoughts to BB, Brady nad McDaniel?????????

That seems to be the standard of the Vinny convesation from what I read last week. He is running the show until you can PROVE that there is zero chance he could be in any way.

After all, think about it. Bill Belechick, perhaps the best mind in all of the NFL, has hired, coached up, and is still instructing his hand picked OC. Then one day he realizes the LEAST cerebral, worst decision making QB in NFL history is available to come in and show this inept franchise all of the marvelous ideas that led to him losing more NFL games than any QB in history.
Doesnt it make sense that the winningest coach would accept that the losingest QB knows more than him?

I would bet a lot of money that Vinny is closer to not even understanding the offense than he is to designing one or calling plays.

Maybe it was just hyperbole, but there's NO WAY Testaverde is the least cerebral, worst decision making QB in NFL history.

Have you seen Andrew Walter, Aaron Brooks or Jake the Fake this year? Remember Akili Smith? And how about Dan McGuire, Ryan Leaf or Geno Toretta? We could sit here all day and rattle off names before we got to Vinny.

That said, the OP puts this issue to rest for good. Thank God.

Last edited:
Vinnie is going to psyche out the Lions by shooting Brady in the kneecaps before the game and removing Seymour's healthy arm with a small electric hand held chain saw.

not funny! ;)

Vinny Green Balls!

(Let's see if anyone other than ItalianPatthePatriot gets that one).

Vinny Green Balls!

(Let's see if anyone other than ItalianPatthePatriot gets that one).

It's TESTAverde. "Testa" in Italian means head, therefore, "Greenhead".

Maybe it was just hyperbole, but there's NO WAY Testaverde is the least cerebral, worst decision making QB in NFL history.

Have you seen Andrew Walter, Aaron Brooks or Jake the Fake this year? Remember Akili Smith? And how about Dan McGuire, Ryan Leaf or Geno Toretta? We could sit here all day and rattle off names before we got to Vinny.

Oh I don't know, the Brooks / Leaf class of QB's is plain old stupid. Vinny's more like Bledsoe - a smart guy who nonetheless over-relies on his arm and makes bnehead decisions.

Brady is actually a clone of Vinny, as well as the entire Patriots team. They are all clones of the brilliance that is Vinny. The entire Patriots dynasty, the entire Pat's club dateing back to the first game ever played was all devised by Vinny, when he was bored one day and decided to rein all of his mighty football power and bless the NE states with superb football abilities. When player's fail him, he banishes them to hell from wenst they were created. Vinny not only call's the play's, executes them, divises them, but he also is just an all around awsome amazingly cool and collected QB.

For as loud as the crowd was for that game and I noticed it right away on TV. Can we please get rid of that lame ass stadium design excuse? I agree it may lessen the overall crowd noise but that stadium is capable of getting loud if the the people actually make noise. I think the people in the first level make noise and yell at least they appear to on tv, but the folks at the Denver game in the upper deck sat flat on their hands! If the majority of the folks stood and yelled our stadium would be just as loud as most stadiums in the NFL.

You cannot ignore physics.
All the stands ESPECIALLY the 300s are further from the field than in loud stadia or in old Sully Stadium.
Add that to the typical non-participation from the red seats and the quirky OPEN ends vs CLOSED end stadiums and you have a DESIGN problem for acoustics exacerbated by red seat corporate yuppie scum.
I congratulate the RSCYS for for once geting into Sunday's game.

Of course it was hyperbole, but Vinny has a long career of exceptional physical ability dwarfed by horrendous decision making.
Vinny is the epitome of the $1,000,000 arm and 10 cent head.

I can completely understand Vinn y was brought in because even with his flaws, and age, his arm is the best that was on the market. There is no way I will ever believe he was brought in for any contribution to the thining part of the game. It is his major weakness.

By the way, lets hope Brady steers clear of Vinny, because the only advice, experience and knowledge Vinny could offer would be a detriment. I dont want Bradys approach to the QB position to move an iota closer to Vinnys.

All that said, if disaster happens, Vinny is a better option than whatever else we could have as #3, because BB knows him, and will manage the strengths and weaknesses.

There is no way I will ever believe he was brought in for any contribution to the thining part of the game.

Although, if you check out his hairline now, as opposed to 15 years ago, you might have a different opinion.

//

You cannot ignore physics.
All the stands ESPECIALLY the 300s are further from the field than in loud stadia or in old Sully Stadium.
Add that to the typical non-participation from the red seats and the quirky OPEN ends vs CLOSED end stadiums and you have a DESIGN problem for acoustics exacerbated by red seat corporate yuppie scum.
I congratulate the RSCYS for for once geting into Sunday's game.

The place got pretty darn loud after that fumble in an October '04 game (which coincided with the scoreboard showing that the Sox won a playoff game). I can still remember Seymour standing around going: "Huh?"

In all seriousness, take every "loud stadium" in the league. Now cross out all stadia in locations where either: 1.) there is no baseball team, or 2.) the baseball team is an afterthought compared to the football team.

Not saying I agree - I don't watch baseball - just providing justification.

Last edited:
Maybe Vinny is the rainman of the NFL???????

Maybe it does make sense? Vinny spent an entire career not understanding how to make decisions as a QB so he has compiled all of the plays that failed with him at QB, given them to brady, and now they all work.

:D. What is so surprising is quite how he has lasted so long in the NFL. There are have so many brainless QBs in the last twenty years who disappeared a long time ago.

Sunday was my first game at the Razor and I will take credit for the noise :D . Well some of it anyway, I'm just getting my voice back from yelling so much.

We attended the game with and got our tickets from friends of ours who are Bear fans. We also had tickets for the pre-game party in the Dana Farber Field House. Mr. Kraft spoke and a gaggle of Cheerleaders were making their way around posing for pictures. The only bad part was having to watch the Jets beat up on Houston since that was the only game on inside. Overall a fantastic time.

On a side note I have a buddy who is a producer at NFL films. They produced a series for the NFL Network which they started showing last Friday counting down the top 20 Super Bowl teams of all times. He gave me an advanced copy of a few of the DVDs highlighting the 83 Raiders, 70 Colts and the 2001 Pats team that will be broadcast sometime in the future. The Pats DVD was amazing and a must watch for any Patriot fan. Brady, Milloy and Vinatieri were the ones interviewed during the 1 hour DVD. All interviews were done between Jun 05- Nov 06. It was great to hear Lawyer reflect on his time as a Patriot with nothing but fond memories.

Some photos:

Before the game, geared up with the Mrs:
DPAP.jpg

Outside the stadium:
DPBanners.jpg

My view of the game:
DPView.jpg

Sending this pic to my Bears-fan buddy via my palm, as I call and taunt him? Priceless.
DPScoreboard.jpg

Thanks for the sideline insight, Pissah. Very interesting nuggets.

I agree with you on the crowd. That game was one of the few where virtually everyone seemed to be standing, at least while the D was on the field and I can't say that I heard any whining about people standing up.

For this game in particular, there was some sustained noise. Not just at select points. There were a few factors that helped with that. Playing (ostensibly & arguably) the class of the NFC, a close game and warm weather.

The problem with the Razor is that it just about takes a 100% effort by the crowd to overcome the acoustic deficiencies. As this game showed, it is possible. But I'm not sure the crowd in general will be as into the Lions game as they were for da Bearz.

Observations from being in my family room watching the Bears Game on HD Plasma.

It looked like a small cloud of dust coming off the carpet as players made moves? Could this be due to the fact the field turf was put in so quickly, and did not get a chance to settle?

But I'm not sure the crowd in general will be as into the Lions game as they were for da Bearz.

Somehow I get the feeling that Bud Collins will be announcing that game on Channel 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back