PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Observation from Pats vs Colts 07 regular season game

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was a fun trip down memory lane. Thanks.

My thoughts as I watched;

- It was great seeing Big Vince in his prime.
- It was also pretty nice to see Vinatieri miss a FG.
- Down goes Brady! Up goes Brady! The Pats win again.
- Even back then Jim Nantz was looking for calls against the Pats on most plays. He got pretty close to his wish in that game.
- Rodney was better than I thought he was going to be.
- There's no better sound than that of the Indy crowd going silent.
- Nantz and Simms were pretty much gushing over the Colts when they were up 20-10 with 9 minutes left.
- Congrats to the refs for setting the Pats record for penalties at the time.
- Peyton threw floaters even back then. At least he didn't have a pick 6. He saves those for playoff time.
- Another Pats comeback win. Ho. Hum.

Well looky what I found ;)

I had forgotten how the officials used to have their mouth on manning's nuts. Such bogus PI calls, they tried to give the colts that game. Same as they gave the colts the AFCG in 2006 with that "face guarding" PI call on Hobbs, when it wasn't illegal to do so. Ugh, such an incredible year only to end in bitterness.

That was the 2006 AFC championship if I recall correctly

I'm sorry, I should've been more clear. That is where the conversation started to shift to, or so I thought. I could be wrong. Anyways, thanks for the response.

2003 AFC Championship

Go to 25:00-26:15. Seems pretty familiar :D

Brady's zip back then was just insane. Sometimes the ball is hard to see it's going so fast.....like trying to find the puck while watching hockey. It's amazing to see Brady in his prime---just damn scary.

Another guy that gets lost in the 07 run was Maroney---kind of a love hate thing with him and fans. I actually thought he was a vital part to that team's success that year. He was huge in that AFCCG against the Chargers. Such effortless running and catching out of the backfield---amazing in open space. Too bad he couldn't be committed to football that long.

He still zips em

That 2003 game was when Ty Law had as many receptions of Peyton's passes as most of the Indy players. I was going to call it the good old days but things are still going good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back