PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Obscure Patriots Players

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not necessarily obscure, but anyway...

Myron Guyton
Maurice Hurst
"Big Play" Willie Clay

Fullbacks Robert Perryman (Lisa Olsen incident) and Chris Floyd.

Ed, Lester, and Brent Williams, of the 1985 Super Bowl Defense

dryheat44 said:
Fullbacks Robert Perryman (Lisa Olsen incident)

With the assist from Zeke Mowatt...

JDSal45 said:
Without cheating, or googling, name an obscure Pats player you remember, and why, from years past.

Lawyer Milloy - I believe he won a super bowl with the Pats, but he was never heard from again after the 2001 season.

RayClay said:
Derick Colours was a good 3rd down back for a while. Reminded me of Troy Brown but wasn't as good. Was a RB but too small to get much done there.

Cullors was a great kick returner but had basically no other role on the team. I believe he returned kicks from 98-00.

Has anyone mentioned Fred Marion S around 85 or so I think?

primetime said:
Cullors was a great kick returner but had basically no other role on the team. I believe he returned kicks from 98-00.

He did some 3rd down receiving Ala Troy or Faulk. Not much. Actually rushed a little more and returned kickoffs.

You're right, he returned kickoffs more than anything else. And you spelled it right!

Caught 14 balls in 1998, not many in 1997.

Funny how the mind plays tricks. I liked Rembert and Cullors and thought they both turned into decent players.

Rembert was much better than I remembered, (2 pro bowls), Cullors was much less.

Guess I just liked Derrick or was trying to turn him into another Troy Brown in my mind.

dryheat44 said:
Chris Floyd

How about Kantroy Barber?

As for spelling Cullors right, it was only because I remember pronouncing his name "Coo-lors" rather than like the word colors. Haha, oh well, I liked him too. I believe I have one of the only card ever made of him... it was amazing they put him in the set, then again the Pats didn't have many other players to put in there.

Last edited:
primetime said:
How about Kantroy Barber?

As for spelling Cullors right, it was only because I remember pronouncing his name "Coo-lors" rather than like the word colors. Haha, oh well, I liked him too. I believe I have one of the only card ever made of him... it was amazing they put him in the set, then again the Pats didn't have many other players to put in there.

Guess I thought he was English.:p

Last edited:
Names for the list

Some I haven't seen so far

Scott Secules
Jay "sky" Walker
Michael "Scooter" McGruder
Mickey Washington
Steve Hawkins
Rod Rutledge
Tim Goad
Harlon Barnett
Greg McMurtry
Eugene Lockhart
Marvin Allen
Ricky Reynolds
John Burke
Shawn Stuckey
Devin Wyman
Pio Sagapolateli
Tony George
Rodney Rice
Tom Ramsey
Rod McSwain

Two guys we had the brand X version of

Chris Carter, Reggie White and not Mark but David Bavaro

Carl Garrett, number 30, was co -AFL offensive rookie of the year with OJ in 1969.Teamed with Jim Nance to form a pretty good backfield for a few years.
When Garrett left for the Raiders in 1973, it opened things up for another memorable running back- "Mini" Mack Herron

Last edited:
italianpatthepatriot said:
who remember Vincent Brisby the WR ?

what do you think about him ?

was good or a bust ?

B-U-S-T. :mad:

Last edited:
Buddylove said:

Yeah, BC NT who chose pro football over the priesthood.
<insert your own joke here>

Last edited by a moderator:
Remember Henry Ellard? Good player, but played a couple games with the Pats after he was washed up during the Pete Carroll years.

J D Sal

Dwayne Saab

Johnny Rembert

Garin Veris

the lisa olsen thing

dryheat44 said:
Fullbacks Robert Perryman (Lisa Olsen incident) and Chris Floyd.

Ed, Lester, and Brent Williams, of the 1985 Super Bowl Defense
as i recall, michael timpson was the idiot whose name was most frequently mentioned.

Remember the year when Grier drafted guys whose first and last names started with the same letter?...1997?

Damon Denson
Ed Ellis
Chris Canty
Sedrick Shaw
Chris Carter

Also, Dino Philyaw was mentioned but does anyone recall who was drafted right after him?

It's funny, as Ellis bounced around the league for a number of years as a backup. He may have been on a roster with the Giants last year, know he was two years ago. Same goes for Scott Rehberg, another unknown.

I remember being real excited about the Damon Denson pick, since he was the first choice made on day 2.

I assume Terrell Davis was the man taken right after Philyaw?

primetime said:
I assume Terrell Davis was the man taken right after Philyaw?

Buy that man a Guinness!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing