PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Objectively, it's edge to Denver...

Status
Not open for further replies.
AndyJohnson said:
I definitely disagee that Denver run vs NE run D is an advantage to Denver.
Our run D has been the best in the NFL the last 2 months, maybe the best the NFL has seen in years.
In the game we played, but for one long play, Denver averaged just 3.3 yards per carry. Sure, they got the long run, you cant ignore it, but if our D has only imporved enough to not give that up, and no more, they dont have a run advantage. Seymour, Bruschi, Hawkins and Hobbs were not playing in that game. (The long run went right up the middle, where Bruschi, Vrabel and Hawkins were not)

As far as Denver pass O vs NE pass D, a lot depends on the run matchup. Denver puts a lot of prioirity in throwing off being set up by the run. If they cannot run well, that shifts to our advantage as well.

I think player by player, its actually slight advantage Pats.

Outside of that, no doubt playoff experience, preparation and coaching swings it our way.

The biggest obstacles are home field, and the bye week, both of which have proven substantial in playoff history.

To me it comes down to whether BBs gameplan and the teams ability to play its best in a big game can overcome the homefield and bye week advantages.

Note to Denver: Playoff-battle-tested championship team coming to your town playing thier best football all year. Oh yeah. No Jake, your turtle necks not too tight....THATS PLAYOFF PRESSURE THATS GRABBING YOU BY THE THROAT!!!!

oldrover said:
Denver rushing vs NE run D... Denver
Denver passing vs NE pass D... Denver
NE rushing vs Denver rush D... Denver
NE passing vs Denver pass D... New England

HFA... Denver
Bye week... Denver
Experience... NE

That's a lot to overcome.

Well maybe we should just stay home and save on the trip.

Seriously, they should be favored based on their record, home field , & what they did the last time we played. But, they are 3.5 point favorite. Home field is usually worth 3 points.

I do think that we can beat them there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back