Welcome to PatsFans.com

ObamuGhraib

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by IcyPatriot, Mar 21, 2011.

1. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,050 / 9 / -19

#87 Jersey

2. chicowalker

chicowalker Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +253 / 3 / -4

wonder if the Bush sycophants will defend it

3. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,050 / 9 / -19

#87 Jersey

chico the moderate .... not ..........:rolleyes:

4. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

If you were around here when the New York times didn't let a day go by without some kind of article or picture being published then you'd get what Icy's referring to. Several posters here were certain it all could be traced straight to the top(Bush) and if it couldn't it was the Bush attitude that gave soldiers license for the atrocities. Maybe everyone is becoming immune to this kind of stuff now but the silence now is remarkable.

5. Nikolai

Nikolai Football Atheist PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +673 / 1 / -1

#54 Jersey

So were they civilians or not? The Guardian is quick to jump to that conclusion (unsurprisingly), but are we sure? The trophy thing is ridiculous and the PL should have taken charge there. Deplorable? Yes. Abu Ghraib, it is not.

6. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +383 / 3 / -15

Chico...don't try to turn this around. The FACT is, it's just more of the same old crap with a different guy as POTUS. The issue here is whether or not the media will cover it in the same manner as Abu ghraib. The issue isn't political as much as a media issue.

Personally, I think this is worse than Abu ghraib. How can humans be like that?

Will you be upset if mainstream media doesn't cover it the same way?

7. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +559 / 9 / -5

#24 Jersey

How is this worse? How are these humans any different than "those" humans?

8. The Brandon Five

The Brandon Five Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -4

#75 Jersey

Umm, because they're dead?

9. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0

Don't sweat it folks. Everyone calm down. Now that the "One" is in charge, this will mearly be the sadistic acts of individuals that were "let in" to the Army under the last administration. It certainly is not nearly on the same level as Abu Ghraib, which we all know was specifically cooked up by Dearth Cheney and approved by BushHilter.

As for me............ Unlike my esteemed friends on the left, will presume that the soldiers are innocent until they have gone through thier due process and have been proven guilty.

On second thought. It might be fun to join a big circle jerk calling for them to all be crucified on the cross, only to have all the charges dismissed in 6 months (Haditha, anyone??). :rolleyes:

I'm quite sure this will not be a big deal for the media with Obama in the WH and not Bush.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2011
  10. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0

Stop trying to overstate it Captain Obvious :singing:

11. shirtsleeve

shirtsleeve In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I am going to regret this...

[​IMG]

12. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +239 / 8 / -13

There are a couple of soldiers being Court Marshalled for murdering civilians. There are also supposedly 4,000 photos. So far there is the picture of 1 person, was the guy someone who was planting IED's? had a AK? we don't know. I will give the benefit of the doubt to the soldiers as always. If guilty they should go to prison.

The press of course will have a double standard as to how this is covered politically. Obama and his policies will in no way be blamed for any aspect of this.

13. chicowalker

Ratings:
    +253 / 3 / -4

when did I claim to be a "moderate"?

But I can see how that could confuse people who think that hypocrisy is only found on one side of the aisle. :rolleyes:

14. chicowalker

Ratings:
    +253 / 3 / -4

First, I think "atrocities" is a strong word for Abu Ghraib.

But as for the "silence," the Guardian came out with this story today, it appears. Not really giving much leeway for other outlets to be reporting it.

15. chicowalker

Ratings:
    +253 / 3 / -4

"don't try to turn this around"? Sorry, Icy is pretending that hypocrisy only comes in one flavor. Not sure why you think it's off-limits to call that crap out.

If you want to have a serious conversation about this, let's -- but Icy didn't start this thread off in that direction, and he's the one who started the thread.

So let's ignore Icy's partisanship and talk about the photos themselves -- we can pretend you started the thread. When you say this, are you talking about the civilians being killed or the photos?

If the former, I think it is much worse than Abu Ghraib. If the latter, I don't think it is, because as repugnant as it is, it wasn't affecting live people. In both cases you have extremely poor judgment. (I'd say it's incredible or disturbing, but realistically, I expect it in a war.)

I would hope the media would cover it just as Abu Ghraib was (unless facts come out that warrant more or less attention, obviously).

16. chicowalker

Ratings:
    +253 / 3 / -4

Keep patting yourself on the back for what a patriot you are. I bet you even have a plastic flag flying on your car (made in china, of course) and everything.

17. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +667 / 2 / -9

Those humans were rapists and murderers, when they turned the guy loose that had ladies underwear on his head he went to live with his sister and a week later sodimized his nephew and was sent back to prison.

Obama's boys are far worse than the dog leash lady.

Pelosi the skank said she vomited when she saw the photo of the guy with the underwear on his head I wonder what she will have to say about the "new photo's"

I wonder if Chris Matthews legs still tingle when he hears "the voice" of his Messiah......:singing:

:bricks:

18. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

You're right, it's early yet...... but watch. Comparatively silent. in 2004 there were something like 47 front page NY Times stories about it.....doing there damnedest to link it directly to the administration. I might be wrong but I don't think they'll have the interest to dig as deep into this one. I'm not saying Abu Ghraib didn't deserve to be investigated I'm saying the media will do a lot more looking the other way now. i wish you were around then for some input

19. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +527 / 6 / -2

What's messed up is that everyone in here is arguing about how the media will play it with regards to party politics. No one's even discussing how terrible this makes us look overall. How stupid could those soldiers be? After Abu Graib, I can't believe people would pose for pictures like these. Absolutely deplorable. No one is going to care whether or not the dead in these pictures were actual enemy, or civilian murdering Taliban. All they will see is civilian clothed males laying dead on the ground, with US soldiers making a mockery of their lifeless bodies. An absolutely moronic thing for these idiots to do. These pictures are 1,000 times worse than Abu Graib IMO. Putting underwear on a prisoners head is nothing compared to holding a dead man's head by it's hair while smiling. Horrible.

20. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,050 / 9 / -19

#87 Jersey

Ummmm ... you hop on the right and you have all the left talking points at the tips of your fingers. :eat3: