Welcome to PatsFans.com

Obama's transparency not so transparent

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by IllegalContact, Jun 16, 2011.

1. IllegalContact

IllegalContact Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +879 / 14 / -29

2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +970 / 2 / -9

They're still falling for it, they'll all vote for him again.............:singing:

3. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +674 / 14 / -6

#24 Jersey

4. IllegalContact

Ratings:
    +879 / 14 / -29

well, there are plenty of people in this country who claim racism is the reason for everything that goes wrong in this country.

I am not one of them......

But this does beg the question: Where's the 'change' people were promised? What exactly has 'changed' since Bush has left office? We have the the current regime who is AT LEAST corrupt as the last regime......and yet all the ones who complained about the corruption of the last regime sit here quietly because they have no problem with corruption as long as its 'their guy' doing it.

This is by far the most shining example of political hypocrisy since these kinds of forums have been popular.

What say you?

5. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +674 / 14 / -6

#24 Jersey

I say you're right...but the political hypocrisy exists on both sides of the aisle.....all the ones who complain about the corruption of this regime are the same ones who were silent about the same corruption of the last regime.

Instead of saying, "Oh cool....this guy's not so bad after all. He's doing the same things Bush did and we were fine with them. We didn't want all that "hope and change" stuff anyhow and good for us...we're not getting them."

The same people who are still sticking up for torture and still saying that the reason Bin Laden was finally found was because of "thank god" the torture/prison policies that flourished under Bush/Cheney are the same ones who are complaining that Obama is less than forthcoming about his own policies - which are, essentially, at least according to this document you've linked to, the same.

Do I think 100% transparency in government is a good thing? Actually, no, I don't. Did we need to know everything Obama's group was doing to locate and kill Bin Laden before they did it? Of course not - if "we" knew, everyone would know - and it wouldn't have happened.

We, for the most part, celebrated the death of Bin Laden - now we're excited because someone's bringing suit because the president who managed to give us his head initiated a secret assassination programme? Can you have it both ways? Could we have found Bin Laden if we had not kept it secret?

They're upset because Obama says he can target American citizens for assassination if they're part of a terror plot or ring? Guess what - that's not new - that's just a continuation of a Bush policy put into effect after 9/11. And it's something that conservatives were just fine with then - it's only when Obama decided to keep the same rules that they became all anti-catch-a-terrorist.

After the Sept. 11 attacks, Bush gave the CIA, and later the military, authority to kill U.S. citizens abroad if strong evidence existed that an American was involved in organizing or carrying out terrorist actions against the United States or U.S. interests, military and intelligence officials said. . . .

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article24516.htm

Do you now want Anwar al-Awlaki to be left alone?

Is that it?

And if it isn't it - then the word "hypocrite" just got a whole lot larger.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2011
  6. IllegalContact

Ratings:
    +879 / 14 / -29

it comes down to this.......

everyone (even you and I) greatly overestimate the difference between democrats and republicans.

7. chicowalker

chicowalker Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +353 / 7 / -4

LOL... like the conservative idiots who actually fell for Bush's promises of smaller government and a more humble foreign policy?

8. IllegalContact

Ratings:
    +879 / 14 / -29

LOL........well it was either that or going with a guy who said 'I INVENTED THE INTERNET'

logical at the time

9. chicowalker

Ratings:
    +353 / 7 / -4

Like the pubbies, like you, who fell for Bush's lies re-elected him...

If Obama is re-elected, it will be because (i) the economy has improved or (ii) the GOP failed to offer a decent candidate -- something that looks quite possible at this early date.

10. chicowalker

Ratings:
    +353 / 7 / -4

see the GOP opposition to Obama 2 years ago

2 wind-up dolls who say "I'm a maverick" when you pull the string

11. IllegalContact

Ratings:
    +879 / 14 / -29

so you make excuses for your own stupidity be pointing out the stupidity of someone else from 10+ years ago?

you'll never get out of the rat maze and find your cheese

12. chicowalker

Ratings:
    +353 / 7 / -4

Where was an excuse made?

You should be careful throwing around terms like stupidity -- against forum rules.

I didn't vote for Obama because of promises of transparency or change. I voted for him because, despite his significant shortcomings, he was better than the alternative. Sound familiar, or should I chalk up your voting for Bush over Gore as simple "stupidity" as well?

13. IllegalContact

Ratings:
    +879 / 14 / -29

sue me

who says al gore would have been any better? as bad as bush was, maybe he was the best choice in 2000. who says john kerry would have been any better in 2004?

who says we would not be in a better place with mccain right now?

your bias is showing

14. chicowalker

Ratings:
    +353 / 7 / -4

**** me

My bias toward the guys I voted for? Yeah, obviously.

and your bias was showing when you claimed that Bush was the logical choice over Gore -- so what's your point?

15. IllegalContact

Ratings:
    +879 / 14 / -29

yes it was logical at the time, and who knows, it is quite possible that based on the cards that were dealt, we had the right guy in there. you could logically base the argument that 9/11 was a conclusion of events (two embassy bombings and the USS cole) that the prior administration (including al gore) did nothing about. who says that after 9/11 gore would not have simply launched another bunch of tomahawk missles into a desert and kill a few sheep in response? after which the same organizations would have continued with other plots and succeeded on this continent.

I'm not biased......I am making easy counter points to your obviously biased opinions......

you're the kind of person who starts with 'I hate republicans' and takes it from there

16. chicowalker

Ratings:
    +353 / 7 / -4

You're the kind of person who starts with "I hate Democrats" and takes it from there.

You're so blinded by it that you can't even see that all your "counterpoints" are 2 sides to the coin. You just think your side is "right" -- but that opinion isn't bias, just the opinions disagreeing with you are.

17. IllegalContact

Ratings:
    +879 / 14 / -29

which is why you 'liked' my comment about palin in another thread.......you have no clue

I am neither republican nor democrat........I hate neither, but I have not guzzled the kool-aid the way you have.

you think there's a difference........you are wrong

18. chicowalker

Ratings:
    +353 / 7 / -4

blind squirrels, broken clocks, etc.

I'm neither Republican nor Dem as well. I dislike both.

You're the one who started making assumptions.

There are differences -- just not the differences either party claims.

19. IllegalContact

Ratings:
    +879 / 14 / -29

yes, but I only hear you bash one side........hence the nonsensical bias

20. chicowalker

Ratings:
    +353 / 7 / -4

then you need to open your eyes / ears

or maybe that's just your bias at work again