Welcome to PatsFans.com

Obama's Senate seat for SALE.

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by NEPatriot, Dec 10, 2008.

1. NEPatriot

NEPatriot Banned

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

ABC: Jackson is 'Candidate 5' - Yahoo! News

I don't want to hear how 'corrupted' Republicans are. I guess money can buy you a lot of things in Chicago.

Don't forget to check this youtube video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDaO...um1/message682297/pg1&feature=player_embedded

Jesse Jackson Jr was a co-chairman for Barack Obama's campaign
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2008
  2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

Can something be for sale is no one is buying???
  3. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -1

#15 Jersey

4. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +142 / 1 / -4

Amazing that NEPatriot takes the word of Blagojevich. I for one don't trust Blagojevich one iota. If there was any truth to it, it seems to me Fitzgerald would have pursued it, perhaps by allowing the money to exchange hands.
  5. STFarmy

STFarmy Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Obama is one of the most savvy and calculating politicans I've ever seen. I doubt he'd be tied so easily to this idiot (and I'm not saying Obama's crooked, just that if he WAS, he'd be smart enough to be extremely discreet). I think it's just a temporary smack for the Democratic party, rather than just Obama.
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2008
  6. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +420 / 5 / -9

#61 Jersey

I saw Jesse Jackson Sr. during a layover in the Detroit airport last Thursday. He was wearing an overcoat, scarf and baseball cap. He was walking down the concourse with a faraway look in his eyes.
  7. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +142 / 1 / -4

Sort of amazing how the U.S. Constitution provides a layer of protection against this type of corruption. What an amazing document!

Illinois governor ignores Obama's call to resign - Yahoo! News

Top Senate Democrats were more pointed in a letter circulated among the rank and file for signatures.

Blagojevich's resignation, followed by an appointment made by a new governor, would "be the most expeditious way for a new senator to be chosen and seated in a manner that would earn the confidence of the people of Illinois and all Americans," wrote Majority Leader Harry Reid of Nevada and the party's second-ranking leader, Sen. Richard Durbin of Illinois.

They added that if Blagojevich chose to "ignore the request of the Senate Democratic Caucus and make an appointment we would be forced to exercise our Constitutional authority ... to determine whether such a person should be seated."

The Constitution gives the Senate authority to refuse to allow a member to be sworn in.
  8. NEPatriot

NEPatriot Banned

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Dem party is as bad as Rep. Obama learned something from his 'crooked' friends. The fact that he doesn't have to produce his BC and still wins the election tells you something.
  9. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Rookie

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

I think Fitzgerald had to act quickly before Blago appointed the successor and created a crapstorm for the US Senate as to whether to seat him. Whoever gets that seat is tarnished unless they get an elder statesman who promises not to run in the special election like the guy who filled Sen. Biden's seat.
  10. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -1

#15 Jersey

You could be right. I heard they were after Blago for five years, does sound kind of sudden, as if they dropped all of the other stuff. Blago's wife hasn't been the little housewife all this time, as she has made a bundle in the real estate market. I'd be willing to bet, if the FBI looked into it, they could also find a yard of dirt on her.
    Jessie Jackson Jr, innocent or not, is done in regards to the senate seat. It will be interesting now who will step up and who will be making the choice.
  11. OhExaulted1

OhExaulted1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +216 / 13 / -18

#15 Jersey

Actually, I think Obama knew he was crooked and intentionally kept his distance as much as possible. Being a U.S. Senator from the same state and party, he had to deal with him occasionally. Guilt by association isn't passing the smell test for me.

I am actually wondering if he had anything to do with him being under investigation in the first place. It's not like the Blago tapes are flattering to the Prez-elect.