Welcome to PatsFans.com

Obama's Russian Uncle.....

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Patriot_in_NY, May 27, 2008.

1. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0

HOW TOUCHING. No wonder he is so stoutly anti-war. Given how deeply affected his Uncle Jeremiah was liberating that terrible Nazi Death camp.

Ummmmmm. One problem. Auschwitz is in Poland, and was liberated by the Red Army in January 1945. American soldiers were never close to it. :rolleyes:

Of course, it's just a new slant on an old lie. HERE'S Obooma's 2002 Anti-war speech. Second paragraph down.

First entered Auschwitz and Treblinka???? Okay let's put aside the whole "which one was it Uncle or Grandpa" thing and just focus on the "Auschwitz and Treblinka".

Let's give him the whole Uncle Red Army thing and say that the Auschwitz story is true. TREBLINKA???? Whould that be the same Treblinca Death Camp that was voluntarily dismantled by the Nazi's themselves after a August 1943 uprising. The Treblinca that was NEVER liberated because it did not exist at the end of the war. It was a field when the Red Army passed by it.

Damn, and we all thought Hillary "snipergate's" comments made her a big joke. Seems Obooma likes to spin biggers tales.

In fact, he so dishonest in that instance, it almost makes me think he posts here under an assumed name. :cool:
  2. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +259 / 10 / -11

That's a weak criticism of Obama. In the worst case, when he wrote that his grandfather "heard the stories of fellow troops who first entered Auschwitz and Treblinka," there are at least four possibilities:
    (1) His grandfather got the stories wrong
    (2) Other troops had told his grandfather stories that were wrong
    (3) His grandfather by fellow troops was talking about our ally at the time, the Soviets
    (4) Obama recalled incorrectly what his grandfather said.

Big deal.
  3. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Not to get too carried away by this, but... this is from Ben Smith over at politico.com
    I really hate being in the position of offering any kind of defense for Obama, but the facts appear to support a simple slip of the tongue, and at least for me when I hear "concentratio camp" I think of Aushwitz and Treblinka first, Dachau and Buchenwald come later, at least in my mind.
    This just shows that when he's speaking off the cuff he's really not as polished as he appears when he's got a prompter. That's not really a crime.

On the other hand, if this was GWB...oy vey.
  4. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0

Yeah, sure Patters. Chief PatsFans apologist hard at work I see. Let's take your points in order.

(1) His grandfather got the stories wrong - But managed to get the Auschwitz and Treblinka part right (two very easy words to remember), even though the much easier details still eluded them. Gotcha

(2) Other troops had told his grandfather stories that were wrong - Sure, despite the full scope of Treblinka didn't become know until well after most of the soldier came home.

(3) His grandfather by fellow troops was talking about our ally at the time, the Soviets - Yeah, cuz the Reds and our boys yucked it up at the O club on weekends, despite being MILES apart on two seperate fronts of the war. :rolleyes:

(4) Obama recalled incorrectly what his grandfather said. - If your not sure, you should probably keep your mouth shut, rather then envoke the names of two of the most infamous killing factories every known on Memorial day and make an ass of yourself. Doublely true if you are a front-running nominee in the age of google.

Nice try, it was a straight up attempt at dishonest, or it was sheer stupidity and neither make him look good.
  5. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0

You are right about Ohrduf. But that explains HALF of it. How bout Treblinka in 2002. It's a history of dishonesty. One slip of the tongue is acceptable, but 2, separated by 5 years. He clearly said Auschwitz two separate times.

Not the biggest story for sure, but like you said, if this was anyone else.

He's probably embelishing a family story. Ohrduf, as terrible as it was, was no Auschwitz. One was a labor camp, the other was a death factory. I like of CinC to be able to get those facts straight. We all mock Clinton because of it, don't we.
    Last edited: May 27, 2008
  6. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Well, my interest in defending the guy is about as low as the Jets chances of winning the SB this year...but basically all it proves is that he can't speak off the cuff, and that for him "Aushwitz" sounds better than Ordhuf...because how many American voters would know what he was talking about?

Either that or he just mean his "Uncle Joe" Stalin...LOL.
  7. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +359 / 11 / -27

It is going to be a very long 5 months until the election.. jeez...
  8. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +505 / 13 / -11

#24 Jersey

Rush had a great bit today on The Prince's Memorial Day speech. Not Veterans Day. MEMORIAL DAY. That honors THE DEAD.

"On this Memorial Day, as our nation honors its unbroken line of fallen heroes -- and I see many of them in...in the audience here today"

Great stuff, keep talking, Prince Obama. Oh, and you can use that speech on Veterans Day :rolleyes:

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_052708/content/01125108.guest.html
  9. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

This is hilarious:rofl:
    Last edited: May 27, 2008
  10. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

As stupid as it is--and I agree it is, obviously--one thing I can't get out of my head is how badly would GWB be getting crucified right now?

I mean...Olbermann etc would have this on 24/7. The bit about all the fallen heroes here in the crowd would have it's own calender.

That's why I get annoyed about all this bs gotcha crap. It's entertaining, for a minute. But it doesn't move anything forward.
  11. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

You mean the guy whose grandfather was a nazi? No it wouldn't be that big of a deal at all. Bush says things a thousand times worse than this on an hourly basis.
  12. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +505 / 13 / -11

#24 Jersey

I'm kind of hoping for a competent President with a brain and I'm not sure that The Prince fits that bill for me yet. Not that McCain is a genius either but The Prince doesn't seem to "get it" any better than Bush or McCain; and he barely has to speak for himself yet.
  13. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

WTF, Wildo? Seriously--did you notice any of what I posted at fucking all? Christ. Yeah...okay. So all those "bushism" calenders don't exist right? We didn't have--here on this forum a something like three different threads started to poke fun at the things GWB says that might be considered wrong or comical or stupid...right?

Who's grandfather was a nazi? WTF again? We're not talking about Teddy "the Chappaquiddick lifeguard" Kennedy here...who's grandfather was kicked the fuck out of London during WWII for actually passing information to the nazis.

Jesus Christ. Let's see..."memorial day is a day to honor our fallen dead, and there are many of them here in the crowd today" (must be talking about Chicago voters?)...compared with the infamous doctors unable to practice their chosen profession because of malpractice fears speech. Yeah...okay.
  14. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

Umm Prescott Bush. And I have never seen the media go nuts about that.

Nothing Obama said would have even made it into the Bushisms calendar.
  15. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

Obama said his father heard stories from other troops that first ENTERED Auschwitz and Treblinka. He didn't say that they liberated it. You all are reaching for nothing and looking really desperate.

But yeah I'm sure he really thought the soldiers in the audience were dead lol....
  16. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

So why did his campaign release that statement acknowledging he'd misspoken and correcting himself?

Who is "you all"? Or didn't you notice that essentially every post here has been some variation of "big deal"?
  17. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

BTW--which troops are those he was getting the stories from? Especially since Treblinka was gone by then...just askin'.
  18. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

WHO GIVES A ****?!?!?!

no offense a. paul but you always seem to do this: You hedge your bets by starting out saying that you "don't actually care" about the issue and then you go on and defend the original point of the thread to death. Then when someone argues back with you, you say "I said in the beginning that I don't really care, so why am I the bad guy?"

It's an ingenius tactic because it's hard to deal with.:D

So you don't give a **** about this BUT you are going to continue to attack Obama on it?
  19. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

translation = "this is important"

translation = "this is not important"
  20. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Wait--time out a second. Let's both take a deep breath. Well, I'm going to, I don't care what you do. LOL.

When have I attacked Obama over it, except to say that it's further evidence that when he's speaking off the cuff he's not as good as when he's got a prompter?

My only point in this is that just to sort of laugh (sadly) that no one cares about his various verbal gaffes (57 states and this stuff, just to name a few), but we do have all this "Bush is a chimp" stuff out there. And if GWB had said there were 57 states, I promise you there'd be a thread about it here, and you'd post in, laughing about it.

But because Obama does it, somehow it's okay.

Now, I got my defense of Obama partly from the press release issued today by the Obama campaign. When you look at the facts of the matter, it's fairly easy to see where and how he made his mistake talking about the camps. Hell, it's been a long campaign already. I'm shocked any of them can still form coherent sentences at this point. Can you imagine the millions of words these three people have uttered since they started running?

But I'm not attacking Obama, at least not on this. He's got the honor of being one of the most liberal voters in the Senate. There'll be time enough to attack him on actual issues.

What I object to in this is you arriving and blaming me for attacking Obama, when I actually defended the guy, and then you just for no reason attack GWB's grandfather (how the hell was that relevant at all?).

Now, do you seriously mean to tell me that if George W. Bush had said there were 57 states it wouldn't be on Olbermann? Hell, people are still telling Dan Quayle jokes for chrissakes.

Does that make it a little more clear for you? Christ. I read the first post and went to start researching it to see what happened, posted the explanation and here I am at midnight arguing about "my" attack on Obama.

You owe me some Xanax or some valium, Wildo.
    :rocker: