Welcome to PatsFans.com

Obama's New Spending Bill Has 9,000 Earmarks

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by ljuneau, Feb 25, 2009.

1. ljuneau

ljuneau Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Yea! More spending coming our way:

Obama's New Spending Bill Has 9,000 Earmarks

A new spending bill totalling more than $410 Billion Dollars.

Didn't Obama say he would not pass any bills with pork in it?
    Didn't he say he would eliminate wasteful government spending?

Won't our children and grandchildren be proud? We've allowed them and ourselves to become slaves to the government. We no longer have a government that serves us, we now serve it.
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2009
  2. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +167 / 4 / -4

Republicans, desperately trying to get traction now that the American public is turning against them, is trying to redefine earmarks, but the bill has no earmarks. Even the article states, "While this bill does not include traditional earmarks, we should all understand that there are earmarks in this bill," said Sen. Mike Enzi , R- Wyo. "There is $850 million ... to bail out Amtrak, a $75 million earmark for the Smithsonian, a $1 billion earmark for the 2010 census." Those are earmarks in the same sense that programs to revitalize the military are earmarks. It's absurd, but I'm enjoying the death march of the Republican Party. Their screams are falling more and more on deaf ears.

Poll: Viewers feel positive about Obama speech - CNN.com
  3. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +186 / 6 / -23

The partisan politics continue.. all the while the Republicans are as responsible, but what do we expect.. after the lies about Pelosi/mouse.. the behavior is expected.

GOP hates earmarks — except the ones its members sponsor | McClatchy Washington Bureau

4. ljuneau

ljuneau Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

I don't care which party is filling this bill with pork and earmarks. All it is is big spending and debt. So you can add your partisan crap links and comments, they're not relevant.

This isn't a partisan issue. This is an American issue. Our government is destroying our country, taking more control of our lives and children, and squatting over the constitution.

When Obama promised he would eliminate government waste and not sign any bills with pork or earmarks in it - HE WAS LYING!

Welcome to the dream of "Change". America is slowly waking up to a nightmare. Hope you find your shackles comfortable.
  5. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +20 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

Really your one of the purveyors of partisan around her. Now that its Rep. earmarks you revert to i hate ALL earmarks. The second you find a dem. earmark you'll revert back to your old self. If "0" is a lier than your a hypocrite. When i think about it your a hypocrite anyways.
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2009
  6. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +186 / 6 / -23

But you made it a partisan issue, your comments are partisan.. it is left over from the Bush Administration..
  7. ljuneau

ljuneau Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Do you and Patters have "Bush Administration" hot-keyed or something. Any time anyone says anything negative about the current administration, you revert back to the "But the Bush Administration" argument. Guess what, Bush is gone. And Obama is the one multiplying our deficit and debt with mountains of pork and earmarks. The blame Bush argument is now irrelevant and weak.
  8. ljuneau

ljuneau Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

So you're saying only Rep. are introducing earmarks? Please become adequately informed before posting dribble. And again, you're stooping to name-calling. Does this make you feel more manly or something? If so, please continue, I hate to see your self-esteem become overly deflated.

And I do hate all pork and earmarks, no matter the party introducting it. You won't find any of my posts defending the government wasting our money.
  9. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

10. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +186 / 6 / -23

The reality is that this spending bill was left over from the Bush Administration and it was never voted on.. how quick we forget, that after Bush was elected Clinton was responsible for everything for the first five years or so... including the attacks on 9-11.

Not defending anyone, just telling the facts.. the republicans have problems with facts, prefer internet rumors.
  11. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +306 / 4 / -2

Nice. More pork that we can't pay for. I personally like my pork in the form of bacon. Bacon, or maybe some thinly sliced prosciutto. Of course, I'd then need some fresh bread, sliced tomato's, basil, a little extra virgin olive oil, and either sharp provelone, or buffalo mozzarella. Mmmmmm....
  12. ljuneau

ljuneau Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Like yourself, I'm not defending anyone. But the last years of the Bush Administration included a Democratic controlled congress. And as you know, congress controls the purse strings.
  13. STFarmy

STFarmy Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

It's only pork and earmarks if it's pubbies. Since its Obama, its love offerings and feel good hug awesomes.

And now I'm hungry.
  14. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +306 / 4 / -2

Remember, it all depends on what the definition of is is.
  15. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +564 / 4 / -12

#87 Jersey

Too bad Rhode Island is like last on the list ... Patrick Kennedy is too stoned to fill out the paperwork to get some of that.
  16. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +564 / 4 / -12

#87 Jersey

Is means "C" cup or better. :cool:
  17. Synovia

Synovia Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

18. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

you don't get the point.....obama said 'no earmarks'

so much for change....he's just as full of crap as the next guy........but he's YOUR full of crap politician
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2009
  19. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +167 / 4 / -4

What's your definition of an earmark?
  20. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

http://big.assets.huffingtonpost.com/finalstim.pdf

have away at it, count the 9,000 earmarks in this 647 page document.

here is your proof, or non-proof of the BOLD statement that there are 9,000 earmarks. I present you all with the actual BILL....

not Michelle Malkins take...its the actual bill. READ IT. then lets discuss.