Welcome to PatsFans.com

Obama's National Sale Tax

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by NEPatriot, Jun 5, 2009.

1. NEPatriot

NEPatriot Banned

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

washingtonpost.com

The picture is very clear here. In order for us to have Obama universal health care, we will BE TAXED TWICE: health care tax and VAT tax.

It is the reason we will pay a lot of taxes for the rest of our life because Obama couldn't stop his wasteful spending and CRAZY program. Apparently, Obama makes the problem worser every day. There is no hope for the future.
  2. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -7

All he has to do is piss off enough voting Americans and he'll never get voted in again. Everything he does can be undone...time will tell.

3. NEPatriot

NEPatriot Banned

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

It's too late because a lot of damages are going to be done in 4 years. When you want to change, think TWICE about it.
  4. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -3

Sadly new entitlement programs are never undone, neither will nationalized health care or the taxes levied to support the monster.
  5. NEPatriot

NEPatriot Banned

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

This is the price that you have to pay for believing in Obama's BS.
  6. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

I doubt if national health care will be free, but it remains to be seen how it will be paid for. Personally, I'd favor a more progressive income tax, rather than instituting a regressive national sales tax.
  7. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -3

Well the top rate will be 40% when he allows the Bush tax cut to expire. In a state like NJ (dem gov & legislature) the income tax will be ~11%. Of course this doesn't include sales tax & property tax.

How much more progressive should taxes become in your view? 60, 70, 805 HOW MUCH IS ENOUGH IN YOUR VIEW?
  8. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +37 / 2 / -3

#24 Jersey

The top 25% already pay 86% of the income tax. The bottom 50% pay less than 3%. How much more "progressive" can we get ?

The Tax Foundation - Summary of Latest Federal Individual Income Tax Data
  9. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

Under Eisenhower the rate went up to 90%. I don't think it should go that high, but certainly having higher rates than 40% for income over $1 million/year is okay with me. It's not a matter of how much, it's a matter of achieving the balance between the various needs of running a society and having a manageable budget.

A true fair tax where everyone pays the same dollar amount is not feasible, so taxes are no matter how you cut it unfair. But, we need to look at the whole picture. For instance, the more you earn, the more money you have to invest, which history shows overall increases one's wealth. We don't need to worry about the wealthy; they invest in the long term, which generally yields returns that more than make up for the extra they pay in taxes.
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2009
  10. Real World

Real World Rookie

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -1

I hope the gubmit goes bankrupt. When that happens, which will probably be in my lifetime at the current rate, I'll be sitting on my front steps, with a weapon in one hand, a beer in the other, and a giant smile on my face.
  11. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I'll trade ya some moonshine fer a beer.......you'll know its me when I pull up in my yugo with a gun turret
  12. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -3

So higher taxes are great if it is on the 'other guy' thisis unfair IMO, and no I don't make anything close to 1M probably don't make as much as you for that matter, however I don't envy others for what they have and don't want the government stealing their miney since it wouldn't affect me.
  13. godef

godef Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

You've already hit on this topic NEP... sorry if I don't provide a link, but with all the posts you make, it's not easy to find. But it was pointed out, this is not Obama's idea, and he is only referenced indirectly in the quote you provide. Please justify why you call it "Obama's National Sale Tax".
  14. NEPatriot

NEPatriot Banned

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Whenever a new tax idea comes up, Democrats point it to Obama universal health care plan.