Welcome to PatsFans.com

Obama's image abroad is no good

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by NEPatriot, Mar 8, 2010.

1. NEPatriot

NEPatriot Banned

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

washingtonpost.com

I don't know why Obama supporters still like him when the leaders of our allies don't have a good relationship with him.:singing::singing::singing:

2. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +776 / 14 / -6

#24 Jersey

Once again, you take what you want and conveniently ignore the rest.

The paradox here is that Obama remains hugely popular abroad -- from Germany and France to countries where anti-Americanism has recently been a problem, such as Turkey and Indonesia. His following means that, in democratic countries at least, leaders have a strong incentive to befriend him. And yet this president appears, so far, to have no genuine foreign friends. In this he is the opposite of George W. Bush, who was reviled among the foreign masses but who forged close ties with a host of leaders -- Aznar of Spain, Uribe of Colombia, Sharon and Olmert of Israel, Koizumi of Japan.

Jealousy or political rivalry may play a part -- Sarkozy is one of several Europeans who have wanted to assume the role of Obama's closest ally and reacted poorly when he didn't respond. But another big cause seems to be lack of interest on Obama's part. Focused intently on his domestic agenda, the president is said to be reluctant to take time to build relationships with foreign leaders. If something has needed to be done or decided, he has readily picked up the phone. If not, he generally hasn't been available.

Go figure - all your whining and moaning about wanting to take care of business here at home before we go 'round helping other countries and here's a president's who's doing exactly what you've been insisting you want and you forget to mention it.

My my my. What's that all about????

3. NEPatriot

NEPatriot Banned

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

May be, these people should move here and vote for Obama. Did Cubans and Chineses love Obama too? I'm sure they do.

You would think that their leaders also love Obama too but they don't. Why is it???:singing::singing::singing:

Did you remember Indonesians?? They took his status of hope and change down.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2010
  4. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

He is a national disgrace. It was humiliating when he went overseas to beg for Chicago to get the Olympics and they slapped him in the face by giving Chicago the 1st round exit.

5. NEPatriot

NEPatriot Banned

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Don't forget his humble bow??? Why did he show his ass to the camera???:singing::singing:

6. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

What bow? Obama didn't bow. He just dropped his contacts.

[​IMG]

7. NEPatriot

NEPatriot Banned

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Where is his YEN????:singing::singing::singing::singing: Did he see US or Japanese coins on the ground???:singing::singing::singing:

8. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

None of you bushies complained when we were the world's punchline for 8 years.

and when he DID go around the world to meet world leaders you all cryed like little babies that he wasn't taking care of bizz at home.

pick a side for crying out loud, you all are sounding fickle, and mislead.

9. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

I wonder which is worse...Obama bowing to the CHINESE leader, who is not an enemy of the US and has never spawned terrorist attacks on the US...

...or this POS kissing this true enemy of the United States, who DOES spawn terrorists who attack the US.

[​IMG]

10. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

It's funny how emphatically you wrote CHINESE there :rofl:
    Please tell me you aren't one of those people that can't differentiate between the actions of a county's government and the actions of a country's citizens?

11. wistahpatsfan

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

What I meant to convey (too subtly, I guess) was that that is a traditional way of respectfully greeting people in China. No one in China thought it looked like some sort of worship or treason. Only some Americans who didn't understand anything about Chinese customs...anyways, we've already done some threads about that some time ago...

The Saudis are at least complicit in the support of Sharia law and have shown tacit approval of Islamic fundamentalism, which as everybody knows, is the bedrock on which Islamic fundamentalist terrorists stand. The leaders of that hell-hole use this social structure to maintain control. They are anti-western and anti-Israeli because their nut-job-religionist philosophy dictates that anyone who does not adhere to their retarded religion (now there's a redundant phrase) must die.

It's not much of a stretch, unless you actually believe that KofSA is a real ally of the US, to make the claim that they are the real enemy of the US. If you are one of them, YOU are in the minority-not me.

12. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Oh. My. :rofl:

I have to say it is very generous of you to lecture me on Chinese customs. Please forgive my ignorance. I obviously have much to learn from you about the Far East. :rofl:

One thing is for sure is that one of us is being too subtle here - but it probably isn't who you think it is.
    Are we talking about the government or the populace? Because believe you me, the government doesn't want anything to rock the boat. Now they ain't doing it out of purity of heart or anything like that. They are greedy SOB's.
    We have nothing to fear from the government of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. They won't be attacking us (or anyone else) anytime soon. Obviously, their citizenry is a separate matter.

13. wistahpatsfan

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Is that it? Are you done?

14. NEPatriot

NEPatriot Banned

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

I need to correct you here.

1- It's a photoshoped picture. Come on, dude!
    2- Remember my 'obama business submit with muslum countries' thread? What's up with that? You complained about Bush doing business with these people but you haven't criticized Obama for doing the same. You have a double standard.

15. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Are you? Don't make me spell it out for you, my ignorant friend. I know how much you hate that.

"I hate not getting it...and then getting it because someone has to spell it out for me." - WPF

16. wistahpatsfan

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Then you don't get the connection between a king and his subjects.

17. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Weak. No leader can be held responsible for the actions of every single one of his citizens, especially ones who have renounced their citizenship (albeit informally) and become virtual outcasts within their own land. Like I said, it is not like the guy has any sort of altruistic purposes (nor do we). But both his country and ours benefits from keeping the free flow of oil going.

Now please tell me more about the Chinese custom of bowing. I really want to learn! :rofl:

18. wistahpatsfan

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

I have no need for your personal insults, kid. When you can communicate like grownup and offer something other than "No suh, you big fat stupid head", then I might be interested. Sorry I hurt your feelings by taking a swipe at Bush. It's what I do.

19. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

And I'm sorry that you're making a complete fool of yourself by acting all condescending when what you are really doing - and clearly still haven't figured out yet at this point - is demonstrating your own gross personal ignorance.

Actually, no wait. I am not sorry you are making a complete fool of yourself. I'm actually rather enjoying it quite a bit. :rofl: :rofl:

20. wistahpatsfan

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

...wow....