Welcome to PatsFans.com

Obama's Change That We can Believe In?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PatsFanInMaine, Jan 24, 2009.

1. PatsFanInMaine

PatsFanInMaine Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

2. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +169 / 4 / -4

Newsvine - Obama Blows Off Medal of Honor Recipients... Not Exactly

Good to see, the American Legion does not consist of delicate whiners who are easily slighted:

In answer to your inquiry:

The American Legion, as it has on every inauguration evening since 1953, hosted the Salute to Heroes Inaugural Banquet & Ball on January 20th. The quadrennial event is co-sponsored with fourteen veterans service and military service organizations and honors recipients of the Medal of Honor. Forty-seven of these heroes attended this year’s event which was held in the Renaissance Washington DC Hotel.

President Obama was invited but did not attend. Vice-President Joe Biden did appear, however, and was very warmly received. The new President’s absence was understandable considering the unprecedented logistical challenges presented by the vastly increased number of visitors to this inauguration and the necessary attendant security measures. The American Legion, as an organization, does not feel offended or “snubbed.”

Thank you,

Craig Roberts
    Media Relations Manager
    The American Legion
    1608 K Street, NW
    Washington, DC 20006

Also, here's an article of Obama at the CiC ball:

At inaugural ball, Obama pledges to serve troops | Stars and Stripes

[​IMG]
  3. PatsFanInMaine

PatsFanInMaine Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Of course they are going to be polite Patters. They respect the Commander In Chief even if he does not respect them. What security or logistic problems did this ball represent that the other balls did not? Are our uniformed soldiers more dangerous than the Hollywood elite?
  4. Patters

Ratings:
    +169 / 4 / -4

I think they were happy to have Biden, and I have no idea if there were security issues, though the link I provided speculates on that.
  5. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

While I don't think Obama is disrespectful of the men and women of the military, I think he is right to return the military establishment to it's rightful place under civilian control...but that's beside the point.

I agree to a point (not knowing about the logistics of the "ball circuit" and without pretending to know one thing about how his plans worked out) that he and his "people" should have made a better effort to attend the ball for the CMH honorees. Surely they could have skipped one of them. I think it was a bad set of decisions that were peobly governed by logistical conflicts. I doubt Obama made a deliberate choice to snub the American Legion.
  6. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

LOL, so the arguments against the man are all style and no substance? Sounds familiar. Who cares about a ball in the midst of The Great Depression?
  7. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I remember when Bubba was President and MA was pretty much a big ol' ATM machine for fundraising purposes. I didn't approve of all the traffic snare ups. I can't imagine what DC must have been like that night with the motorcade running around to 10 separate parties. Not to mention Biden's mini-motorcade running around to whatever number of events he stopped at.
  8. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

It's pretty sweet the way you use 1 man's words and hang them on somebody else. If I watch Bill O'Reilly one day does that mean that his views are also my own? Of course not.
  9. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +370 / 1 / -9

America now has it's Golden Boy, no matter what he does his groupies will try to defend it.

As time goes on I hope the Right Wing doesn't publicly display the Disgusting Hatred that the Left Wing Democrats showed toward our last President, the Hatred that was brought on simply by Envy & Jealousy over the fact that a so called Moron beat them up, Twice.

I find our new President to be "amusing" I love watching him strut around with all his a$s kissers grinning, fawning and slopping, they trail along behind him like "little baby ducks", Windbag Biden & His silly Wife look like two little kids following Daddy, they kissed Messiah 637,000 times during the Coronation.

America now has a real live MTV Politically Correct Rock Star who is the President Of The USA----LIVE WITH AND PRAY.

GOD DAMN AMERICA
  10. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +320 / 4 / -2

He has too many balls I guess. I once knew a Cuban dude who had three. Even better, one of my good friends only has one. No logistical nightmares when you have only one ball to attend....to.

In all seriousness, what balls did he attend? I'd guess that BO had more on his plate than past presidents, considering all the hoopla surrounding the history of his election. However, if he snubbed Medal of Honor recipients (which no other president has done in 50 years) to go to a ball for say, Hollywood stars, then he should be criticized. Still though, I could only imagine how many places wanted him, and people wanted to speak with him. His night was probably a lot like mine on a Saturday night. :D
  11. PatsFanInMaine

PatsFanInMaine Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Interesting to note that 6 of the 10 Balls that Obama attended were within one block of the Salute to Heroes Ball. The logistics must have been tremendous.
  12. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

And it still doesn't add up to a substantial critique.
  13. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +30 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

HMM lets see at the C and C ball he the brass limited so wounded vets could attend. You had to have a Purple Hart to get in. I thought it was unusual but but he did do this for the average G.I.
  14. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +620 / 4 / -12

#87 Jersey

Harry ... one correction 'wind-bag' Biden has a muzzle now.:p
  15. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +131 / 7 / -13

BO CHOSE to go to the events that were important and sent gaffe man as a gofer to the events that he considered unimportant. The Polite response of the vets doesn't change this. I am sure YOU were thrilled he avoided the 'nationalistic display' put on by for the CMOH winners.
  16. Patters

Ratings:
    +169 / 4 / -4

I don't care one way or the other. Obama did a good job making the inauguration open to as many people as possible. It was very inclusive and very patriotic, but the old style of patriotism as defined by love of all things military, narrow family values, and Caucasian skin is out. Get used to it. Reagan is dead!