Welcome to PatsFans.com

Obama's Bold Action Causes France, Holland, Canada to follow suit

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PatsFanInVa, Apr 19, 2009.

1. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +555 / 7 / -9

Now that President Obama has boldly stood tall in the saddle, drew a line in the waves, and thrust our erect national phallus skyward, in a way that the former regime was afraid to, because of various effeminate and latent homosexual tendencies, the French, Dutch, and Canadians have all retaken control of various vessels attacked by these Somali Pirates.

Parody Alert, you morons: Obama made the right moves. Other nations in the region are now "suddenly" having some success, although I doubt under the previous regime we were terribly concerned with covering "their" pirate problem. Perhaps "Old Europe" were having some successes previously.

But you know as well as I do this would be the right wing narrative were Obama a Republican.

Now, the interesting part of the narrative from a rightist point of view, is that America has been trained for decades to respond to such events per the first paragraph's description.

The really, really interesting part is how well Republicans themselves tarnished this form of public mythology with the last 8 years of wrongheaded and blundering cowboy policy.

UCs indeed. Eh well -- Obama didn't do what a Republican would do, crowing about his success for weeks on end. He just told the Navy to do what it needed to do and left it at that.

Lots of Pirates left though, so he didn't show up in front of a banner shouting "Mission Accomplished."

PFnV

PS - and believe it or not our erstwhile allies give the pirates provisions, get the good guys and their good ship back, and let the pirates go. New pirate attack thwarted in Gulf of Aden - CNN.com

There's something you can vent your spleen on. But wait, who do you hate worse? After all, your leader has declared pirates to just be "maritime organizers." Wonder how long he takes to call them something else when it turns out that NATO ships turn them loose instead of shooting them. But hold on... maybe he'll point to that example as how pirates should be treated.

Pop. Pop. Pop pop. Ditto pop. <- sound of ru****e heads exploding
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2009
  2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +657 / 2 / -9

I agree Obama made the right move (he has to do something right once in awhile) good work barry.

If Bush did it he would be a Racist.
  3. Michael

Michael Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

All he's done is incite a new generation of pirates and help pirate recruiting.
  4. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Off-putting infantile paralysis and obsessive-compulsive sexual narcissism aside, I do agree in part with OP!!! :D But, no need to be so defensive!! Chill, Bill.

Obama has done the right thing by making a bold statement that Israel should not be singled out for any "racist" accusations. Yet as some others on this list have alluded, he might have had even greater impact were he to attend and stand up to offer a more accurate and helpful perspective, one that did not focus on "Israel" as the source of evil in the world.

I don't know if Obama would have been able to make a public statement at this conference, but he certainly could have done a press conference during or after this event to make it known that the U.S. will never abandon Israel, Korea, or any other friends. Such a presser would have undoubtedly been carried world-wide and had the same effect of him speaking at the event.

Anyway, good to see his sentiment has stimulated some boldness, courage, and guts in other nations. Kudos to all.

//
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2009
  5. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

:D

Take no prisoners, Miguel.

//
  6. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +657 / 2 / -9

The UN should be thrown out of NYC, build them a place in Somalia or North Korea, most of them are nothing but Anti American Crooks.

The UN Sucks.

GOD DAMN AMERICA (obama's preacher of twenty years said that)

IF GEORGE BUSH BOYCOTTED A UN MEETING ON RACISM SHARPTON, JACKOFF AND ALL THEIR FOLLOWERS WOULD BE HOLDING "TEA PARTYS ALL ACROSS AMERICA" SIGNS WOULD READ "BUSH IS RACIST" CHRIS MATTHEWS WOULD SET HIMSELF ON FIRE.
  7. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

lots of burping and farting sounds right from the outset in this thread
  8. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I'm beginning to wonder if there's anything that could happen in this fantasy world of yours that doesn't result in Chris Mathews setting himself on fire.
  9. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +657 / 2 / -9

He fascinates me, I have never seen anybody in the news media slobber and gush over a celebrity or a politician the way he does, I watched his show last week for about fifteen minutes during that time he was drooling and he must of said the word "Obama" ten thousand times, I couldn't see his legs but they must have been shaking and quivering, of course I'm a little biased though...........:singing:
  10. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +359 / 11 / -27

How do you come up with this one???:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Would your beloved George have done anything different.. oh wait when he was in office he did not do anything at all. Out of curiosity what should have been done. missed that chapter of the rightie playbook.
  11. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I would guess its the same notion that liberals used when bush was ramping up his fight against al quaeda

I don't believe the notion of this in either case.........

but the fact is that the french dealt with pirates before the US did.........so if anything, the US is following the french
  12. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +359 / 11 / -27

The tap dance continues, you did not answer the question as to what should have Obama done??? Does this mean I have to eat Freedom Fries again???

Not sure of the time line here, but wasn't the french ship hijacked first??

Aren't you contending that what Obama did emboldened the Pirates??? Just idle rhetoric, with no explanation.. on and on.. blah, blah, blah.
  13. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

he did what he should have done.......big deal

can''t you comprehend? I support action in this manner as well as the actions that bush did post 9/11.........

learn english for once.....I did
  14. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +359 / 11 / -27

You make no sense in this argument, but be content with your self righteousness...
  15. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

just because you refuse to understand it............maybe if you pulled your head out of.........
  16. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

But the parallel with what Bush did post 9/11 would be if Obama had been told about the pirates in the Indian Ocean and then he launched an air-strike on the pyramids in Egypt.
  17. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

errr.......yeaaaaahhhhh.........OK

still haven't figured out how your brain works, huh?
  18. Michael

Michael Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

To quote PFIV Parody Alert, you morons:.

And MY beloved George? I voted for Kerry for the first time in my life just to try to get that guy out.
  19. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

WOW! That was BRILLIANT!

Your responses are sooooooo scathing and to-the-point!

What the hell are you talking about?...again.....(Didn't get it, huh?):rofl:

How old are you, boy?

[​IMG]
  20. godef

godef Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Hey, that's our old don't-bomb-the-crap-out-of-Irag argument!!! :rolleyes: