Welcome to PatsFans.com

Obama's approval has taken a dive

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by BelichickFan, Jun 30, 2009.

1. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +249 / 7 / -9

#24 Jersey

Yes I know Rasmussen is the most negative poll towards The Idiot so add 5% or whatever to these numbers if you like. But for the first time, his Strongly Approve minus Strongly Disapprove has hit -2%. And while it moves around a lot, being daily, he has been at +2% or worse every day since June 17 when he was averaging +7 or so. He was at +28% on inauguration day.

Even overall approval is down to +8 compared to +13 on June 17 and +35 on inauguration. We're one piece of good news from this jumping up, I get it, but if this continues it will make Dems far more wary of passing more spending bills.

Any, yes, I know this will be bumped when something good happens and he's back to +15 overall. But whatever you say about Rasmussen, for the last two weeks the trend is clear.

Rasmussen Reports: The Most Comprehensive Public Opinion Data Anywhere
  2. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +142 / 1 / -4

The gap is tightening, and it's probably because change makes people uneasy. After all, it's still an open question whether Obama's various initiatives will make our country safer, richer, and fairer. My guess is the polls will continue to get closer until their are more signs of economic recovery, though I bet Obama will get a nice bump if health care is passed later this year.

http://www.pollster.com/polls/us/jobapproval-obama.php
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2009
  3. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +249 / 7 / -9

#24 Jersey

Depends on how much it costs and what details come out. The country is generically for health care reform. However they may be against it depending on the details - like how to pay for it, whether illegals get covered, etc.
  4. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I think healthcare is one of those things that won't pay off for him at all politically. He'll be retired before the majority of people go 'Thank god we did that'

I say he knows the economy won't be in recession in 2012 and that alone will be enough to get him re-elected. So now is the time to get a politically troublesome piece of work over and done with.
  5. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +249 / 7 / -9

#24 Jersey

I agree with your first statement - and almost with your second with the exception that I think most expect the Republicans to gain a few seats in the midterms, the minority party usually does, which is why he needs to get this big stuff done now. Not that I expect a big (R) win, the Senate is predicted to stay about where it is with the House being a SMALL (R) gain.
  6. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

I agree, do all the crappy stuff now.. and when things get somewhat better, which they will, then everyone can say told you so... vote whatever.

The most recent Fox Poll.. 6/9-6/10.. has him 64% favorable...
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2009
  7. godef

godef Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

5%? More like 15%. See Patter's link.
  8. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +249 / 7 / -9

#24 Jersey

You mean "Patters' link".

Those numbers are OVERALL approval. The two recent ones other than Rasmussen are 59 and 61. Rassmussen OVERALL is 55. So . . . +5. All the other numbers on Patters' link are at least a week old.