Welcome to PatsFans.com

Obama's 18 million dollar website

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by NEPatriot, Jul 9, 2009.

1. NEPatriot

NEPatriot Banned

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

$18M Being Spent to Redesign Recovery.gov Web Site - The Note

Yes, it takes you 18 million dollars to see how Obama spent his money.:singing::singing:
  2. mcgraw_wv

mcgraw_wv Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

HOLY effing craziness, thats a lot of money...

But what's this internet thing their talking about?
  3. NEPatriot

NEPatriot Banned

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

:singing::singing::singing:
  4. mcgraw_wv

mcgraw_wv Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

U.S. National Debt Clock

This site looks like it cost about 100.00 and will do undoubtly do a better job of telling the whole picture of government spending.
  5. NEPatriot

NEPatriot Banned

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

You ain't see NOTHING YET.:singing::singing::singing:
  6. mcgraw_wv

mcgraw_wv Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Well it started with Bush, and it hasn't stopped yet. Don't take too much pride in Obama's spending spree with "I-told-you-isms"... The Bush Admin spent like a drunken sailor, and set the tone for the Obama Admin.

Government in general is the problem, not which party is doing it...
  7. State

State Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

#70 Jersey

8. mack207

mack207 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Just so you all have a frame of reference, this website:Facebook’s Platform Costs estimates the cost of running a site like Facebook. Their estimate for Facebook is that it costs more than $24 million a YEAR to run. If you entirely remove their estimate for cost of staff salaries, they STILL estimate that Facebook costs more than $6 million/year just in hosting, servers and bandwidth.

And if you look at this Business Week article (http://www.businessweek.com/technology/content/may2008/tc2008059_855064_page_2.htm), Facebook obtained a venture capital investment of $100 million, which they plan to spend ENTIRELY on new servers.

Now, Facebook is a massively complicated website with upwards of 100 million visits a day. But it gives you an idea of how incredibly expensive a website can be to maintain and run.

It's entirely possible that $18 million being invested in recovery.gov over the next 5 years is WAY too high, I couldn't even begin to know the inner workings of that site. But it's also possible that the price tag is pretty par for the course as far as website design and maintenance goes.
  9. mcgraw_wv

mcgraw_wv Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

99% of the sites you visit daily started on a dime and a dream.

You don't start with an 18 million dollar site. You build a 1000.00 site and invest in it as the market demands increase.
  10. mack207

mack207 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

They aren't creating a new site, they're redesigning and upgrading the current one. And from the looks of the initial report, it could cost up to $18 million over 5 years.

Like I said, $18 million over 5 years might be waaaaaaay more than they'd ever need to spend, but in reality it's not an absurdly high number in terms of website maintenance.
  11. NEPatriot

NEPatriot Banned

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

It's BS.Here is the BIGGEST difference between Obama's site and FACEBOOK.

How many times do you need to go to Obama's site to find out where the money goes? 1000000000000 times? I bet that WH or FBI or Pentagon's website doesn't cost 18 million for sure.

Furthermore, If Obama supporters CAN'T DEFEND his policies and his voters COULDN'T TAKE TIME TO FIND OUT WHO OBAMA really was, why are they interested in knowing where the money goes?

Would you rather take 1 hour to look at Obama's site than watch a reality show? What i'm saying is if nobody really cares Obama's site, why does he need to spend 18 million dollars to make it look pretty?

Do you need to go to your facebook every hour so that you can know who is contacting you?? Absolutely.
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2009
  12. mcgraw_wv

mcgraw_wv Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

It actually is...

Your comparing a web site that will get moderate traffic, to the grand daddy of all websites...

It likes saying, the government is going to spend 25 million on 25 police cruisers, becuase you know, a Ferrari costs like a million dollars so it's not that far off from the costs of what the government could spend...
  13. Mabeyitstrue

Mabeyitstrue Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

14. NEPatriot

NEPatriot Banned

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

You speak like a true Democrats !:singing::singing::singing:

I hope Obama and his families enjoy these silverware??????:singing::singing:

these silverware didn't cost 18 million, didn't they?

You didn't care the 50 billion dollars that Obama burned to save GM. Why would you care 18 million dollar for a website?????
  15. Mabeyitstrue

Mabeyitstrue Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

They didn't buy them now did they? ;) Your boy's old lady did

No but they cost half-million....for silverware!!!
    18 million will build/run and operate for FIVE YEARS!!! I will get more out of the web-site then I could ever get out of the silverware.

You seem to care when a left winger spends your money but If some fake ass right-winger dose the same thing your all for it, sounds like a hypocrisy but that's what you guys do best, talk out of both sides of your mouth :rolleyes:

Never said I did or didn't thanks for assuming.......When you debate you debate facts not what you think or don't is true. Your boy spent 1 TRILLION, LET ME SAY IT AGAIN FOR YOU 1 TRILLION $$$$.

God help us all if ppl like you run our government......oh wait they did lol:cool:

BTW I am neither right or left, I agree with both sides on diffrent issues.I'm smart enough to know both partys are crooked as hell.
  16. NEPatriot

NEPatriot Banned

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Do you know if my old lady took it with her when she left the WH?

If not, i hope that Obama and his families aren't using it.:singing::singing:

Oh, you do? Don't stare at it for a long time because it's going to hurt your eyes.:singing::singing:There is nothing to SEE next year after Obama is piling up the country debt and raising new taxes.

Seriously, you didn't know that Obama RECOVERY website was online in the first place.

Just make sure that you spend more time on this web site.:singing::singing:

I'm sorry to disapoint you BUT i'm not a Bush supporter when it comes to economy.
    Can you tell me what Obama has done lately? No, you still can't???? What Obama is doing right now will make Bush look 'good'.

It's always Bush's fault even though Obama fcks it up so bad, isn't it?

Perhaps, i didn't see you defending Bush as much as you defend Obama?????
  17. mack207

mack207 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Well I chose Facebook because I figured that it'd be easier to get a cost-analysis of its upkeep than a lower level site. But notice that Facebook would cost about $120 million over the course of 5 years to operate according to said analysis. Recovery.gov is a lower traffic site so naturally it would cost less to maintain, operate and upgrade. I pointed out how massive the cost of running Facebook is because of quotes about how the government should be able to create a perfectly functional site for about $100. Even if that was just throwing out a random number it's extremely unrealistic.

When you factor in costs for web developers, hardware, bandwidth, hosting, etc. and take into consideration that the renovations that they're planning may, in fact, be complex ones the price tag looks far less ridiculous. I think I'm being quite fair in stating that since none of us know what these renovations are it's not really that intelligent to say that it either is or isn't a ridiculous expenditure.
  18. NEPatriot

NEPatriot Banned

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Do you know how much it costs to maintain the website of IRS ?????

It sure doesn't cost 18 million dollars. Please remember this people go to IRS site more than Obama's recovery web site.

Do you know how big IT department in WH is????? Do you know that the same people who maintain WH website can be used to do Obama recovery website???

Do you know how much it costed to create the first Obama RECOVERY site?

Why does it cost more this time? Because it's a RECOVERY 2.0.:singing::singing::singing:

It's fcking ridiculous to compare a FACEBOOK to Obama's website.

By the way, you don't have to spend 18 million dollars to find out where all the money goes WHEN you can come to this forum and see NEPATRIOT do it here FOR FREE.
  19. Mabeyitstrue

Mabeyitstrue Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I'm done with you, have a great life I hope everything works out for you, take care.
  20. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +558 / 4 / -12

#87 Jersey

Pearls of wisdom from sir pork n' cheese.