Welcome to PatsFans.com

Obama

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by otis p. driftwood, Apr 13, 2008.

1. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Yesterday, Obama gave a little ground in response to some criticism from the Clinton camp, then I think they went a little overboard, which seems to have made him a little angry. I don't think I've seen him actually attack her like this. If she thinks she can survive a trip in the mud with this guy, she needs some new staff.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20080414/D901AGH80.html
  2. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +473 / 2 / -10

#87 Jersey

Obama is trying to get on the good side of the small town folk after his reckless elitist comments. Problem is Obama is an elitist ... just as Hillary and most of the democratic party are elitists. It's why they hate each other ... they are mostly political snobs ... except for the conservative democrats of course.;)
  3. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

You're being sarcastic, right?Of course you know that's bullsh!t.
    You know as well as anyone else that his comments, when placed into context, are the opposite of what you're saying. Try to get beyond the soundbites and the RNC talking points you hear in the media which you pretend to hate so much.
  4. STFarmy

STFarmy Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

I've read it in context. I think comes off as pretty elitist. I don't really think Obama is like that, but that statement is pretty poorly conceived. It's suggesting that these people don't really have a sincere lifestyle or belief system, only a reactionary one. Obama might not have meant it that way, but that's definitely the way it's coming off.
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2008
  5. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

I agree with you Farmy. I think the onion might be being peeled back a bit on Barack though. I do think he thinks like that. Not in a mean-spirited way, he's just an elitist (more politicians are). He came across like one in that comment FOR SURE.

For once, I agreed with Hillary when she said that the last thing the Dem's need in this election is "another Kerry" (okay, she said elitist candidate). I think she's dead on.

I think that that is a real fear among Dems. You could very well loss if that's the painting that Obama lets get painted. Independents will flock to McCain, not cuz he is a particularly good candidate, but he's not just another elitist, out of touch, left wing suit. Kerry couldn't do d!ck against Bush, and Bush sucked and was ripe for the taking.
  6. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +248 / 3 / -2

Did I miss something. What was said, and when?
  7. Real World

Ratings:
    +248 / 3 / -2

Nevermind, I found it on Youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMkQ6OPi3RU&feature=related
    What an elitist thing to say. It's becoming more evident that this guy can't speak without a teleprompter. Whenever he says something that isn't written down, he ends up inserting his foot into his mouth. So people who are pissed off are "clinging to religion & guns"? Leave it up to the mansion owning Harvard grad to tell us all that. :rolleyes: I guess people are anti-illegal cuz they're just stupid country folk. Man, between a baby being a "punishment", and "clinging to guns & religion", this guy hasn't had a good month. I hate to say, but when you add all this stuff together, the lapel pin, his wife not being proud of America, 20 years of listening to Reverend Wrong, a baby being punishment, and now whizzing on middle america, you can see where the elitist label has legs.

One things for sure, this country is in trouble come November. We get three pretenders to choose from, in a country of 300 million. Truly tragic if you ask me.
  8. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -7

He's full of sh!t.
  9. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +106 / 7 / -10

If you look at the video and the crowd reaction it was extemely condensending toward the 'litle people'. Now we have this + the comments of Mrs Obama+ Rev Wright + the association with the weather underground folks in Chitown, and it all just a misunderstanding.....

Uh no, the picture of who this guy is and who he chooses to associate with is becomeing very clear.
  10. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -7

11. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +106 / 7 / -10

Memo to Obama people in flyover country had their guns and went to church well before the 70's.

He says clearly that if the rubes & rednecks in flyover country weren't so bitter they wouldn't need God or Guns... Totally out of touch.
  12. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

Yeah that's so totally inaccurate:rolleyes: BTW, do you have a source for that quote?
  13. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +106 / 7 / -10

14. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

good for him. A presidential candidate speaking the truth for once instead of lying like Hillary does and insulting people's intelligence. "Change" it will be.
  15. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +106 / 7 / -10

Which truth that people not in cities are racist yahoos?
  16. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

I don't see that comment anywhere.
  17. Real World

Ratings:
    +248 / 3 / -2

See, this is why I can't help but think that Obama isn't really what he claims to be. He says all the right things when the teleprompter is on, but when he shoots from the hip, it's far left comment, after far left comment, with a constant "it's not what I meant" thereafter. The problem is his exact words seem to jive with the people on the far left. Everytime he says them, liberals rejoice with an amen. Sorry, but this can't be a continuing coincidence. I think this guy truly feels this way.
  18. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

Seeing as though Obama writes many of his own speeches I'd say that that is not true. And "far left?" Please. This is called honesty and common sense. Just because people don't want to hear it doesn't mean it's not true. I suppose Hillary running around with a rifle and a hunting jacket is a better way to communicate with voters though:rolleyes:

Basically he's telling voters that if they vote based on those issues they are being used by liars like Bush, Hillary etc. who will use anything and say anything to get their vote. But I suppose you'd rather be lied to than accept a difficult truth. Not really that surprising.
  19. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

A quick search showed only that he wrote the "typical white person" speech himself, not "many". Proof please? Thanks.
  20. Real World

Ratings:
    +248 / 3 / -2

Hillary is the foniest POS ever to run for POTUS. PAtters thinks she's an exceptional candidate. LOLOL. The only way I'd vote for one of the remaining 3 is if she had a chance to win. Where which I'd vote against her. Even if it meant voting for McAmnesty.

Obama talks real nice, which reminds me alot of the guy who's words he copied a couple of months ago. The problem is that the more time that passes, the more and more he seems like everybody else. If it walks like a duck, and it talks like a duck, chances are...