Welcome to PatsFans.com

Obama vs. Bush - Obama Plays Waaay More Golf

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by ljuneau, Oct 26, 2009.

1. ljuneau

ljuneau Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

President Obama Ties George W. Bush On Golf (in less than one year)

With our military, American citizens, and the rest of the world, now waiting over two months for Obama to make a decision regarding Afganistan, it's sooo nice to see our President spending sooo much time away from the strategy room to enjoy soooo many rounds of golf. What a wonderful set of priorities.

2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,113 / 3 / -10

Prince Obama can't worry about Afghanistan or the "dying troops" he is now at war with Fox News, Golf helps him plan his next move on Glenn Beck.

Dear Sean Penn,
    Did you know that troops are still dying, where are you..:confused:

3. JackBauer

JackBauer Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +907 / 6 / -9

Don't make us trot out the obligatory link showing that George Bush spent a full third of his administration on vacation.

If you weren't upset then, which I suspect you weren't, then you really can't whine now, can you? And I'm sure all that golf is really what's delaying Obama's decision on Afghanistan :rolleyes:

4. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Q: What's Obama's handicap?

A: Joe Biden!

:D

Last edited: Oct 26, 2009
  5. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The President of the United States is never on vacation. He may be in Washington, he may be in Texas or he may be in Walla-Walla, but he is still getting daily briefings, security updates, maintaining contact with his cabinet, etc, etc.

The whole issue is completely overblown by both sides.

6. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +809 / 26 / -33

Oh my God common sense, Obama goes out and plays 18 holes on weekends... what is the big deal???

7. alvinnf

alvinnf In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +15 / 2 / -0

There is really nothing wrong with it. I think if things were going well economically so on and so forth it's not a big deal. But, with the current state of things here and abroad it really makes the guy lose credibility.

8. JackBauer

Ratings:
    +907 / 6 / -9

Maybe among people who were tendentiously opposed to him anyway.

9. ljuneau

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

What's the big deal? Wish you would have asked this question when everyone was critizing Bush for playing a round now and then.

However there is a big deal: Morale dips for American marines in Afghanistan. It would be nice for the President to make a freegin decision regarding Afganistan. Our troops are hoping for reinforcements while BO is busy washing his golfballs. You think the war and our troops would be a high priority on his agenda?

10. JackBauer

Ratings:
    +907 / 6 / -9

So because he hasn't made a decision yet re: Afghanistan, it follows that the war and our troops are not a high priority on his agenda?

Seriously, that logic doesn't even pass at a high school level.

11. ljuneau

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Zinni to Obama: Time’s Up on Afghanistan Decision

Let's quit with the childish personal attacks. It only diminishes your argument and makes you appear dimwitted.

It's becoming quite obvious that Obama should spend less time playing golf and more time reaching a strategic decision regarding Afghanistan. His lackluster approach to the situation is unnecessarily putting our troops more in harms way. It's time for him to act like a President of a country, not of a country club.

12. alvinnf

alvinnf In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +15 / 2 / -0

I am opposed to his policy and administation thus far. Let him play golf it just makes him look like a j2CK@SS. Maybe golf allows him to think and relax. With people losing there jobs and soldiers putting their lives on the line in the middle east. Maybe he otta just get a putting thingy for the oval office.

13. JackBauer

Ratings:
    +907 / 6 / -9

Well you're assuming facts not in evidence, and drawing conclusions based on information you cannot possibly know. Me, I'd rather he take the time and come to the correct course of action, rather than impulsively making a decision to satisfy the armchair generals on PatsFans.com.

14. Synovia

Synovia In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Because holes of golf played is a relevant measure? By this time in his second term, bush had already taken 6 months of vacation.

15. Synovia

Synovia In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Could you please point out for me a news article about Bush playing too much golf? I don't remember any of them.

16. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +809 / 26 / -33

This is called situational outrage, when Bush was ridin his mountainbike and cuttin brush.. there was silence..

17. scout

scout Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

Not only did he play more golf, he took that expensive trip to New York City!

18. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +769 / 14 / -6

#24 Jersey

Tar and feathers, anyone? How dare he!!! A whole weekend, too!! No one deserves a weekend off - no one. I mean, we all work weekends, right? Why should the president of the USA get a weekend off?

An eintire weekend away from work - a few holes of golf on weekend and evenings - no one else would dare do such a thing.

I bet he even watchs football, too. What nerve!!

I say we compare his time away from work with that of Bush and then we vote to impeach him.

19. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Yeah, we really shouldn't elect Presidents with school age kids either. Heck, he's prolly up in Malia's bedroom right now walking her through long division when he should be solving Afghanistan:mad:

Bush was better, his kids were college aged and you know their homework was way, way over his head.

20. ljuneau

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

At least Obama has set his priorities. He's working on ways to improve his short game as well as his putting, and holding those weekly Wednesday night parties. Not to mention those long distant date-nights with Michelle, which are just so romantic.

Meanwhile, our troops wait for him to make a decision.

Obama: Afghanistan Decision within Weeks

It's been two weeks from this article - and I heard in the news today that his decision will be made in a few weeks. Maybe someone should cancel the Golf Channel at the White House so he can concentrate better.

Obama's looking like a total clown in checkered pants. Everyone sees it except for him, but not everyone admits it.