Welcome to PatsFans.com

Obama vs Bush - First Year Fundraising - 24 - 6

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by IcyPatriot, Oct 24, 2009.

1. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +881 / 6 / -16

#87 Jersey

Obama is doing what he does best ... 3 TD's and a field goal - out speaking and raising money.
    Great article here ... Bush did 6 fundraisers his first year ... Obama is already up to 24. Now imagine if he had stayed in the White House and had meetings about Afghanistan for those 24 days ... oh well - priorities, priorities, priorities. We were told Bush was the corporate whore ... do tell. :confused2:

Barack Obama must stop campaigning and start governing - Telegraph

Last edited: Oct 24, 2009
  2. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

He ain't out clearing brush every other day. Man that was so dumb.
  3. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +516 / 9 / -3

#24 Jersey

Well, SDaniels is right - If Bush was not the corporate whore he was definately the vacation one - he wasn't in town enough to fund raise.

Bush had spent all or part of 54 days of his presidency by that time (Aug 7, 2001) in Texas, almost a quarter of his presidency, and that he had spent 42 percent of his presidency (including weekends) at vacation spots or en route.

As for August 2001, Bush did spend most of that month in Crawford, Texas on what White House spokesman Ari Fleischer called a "working vacation"

http://newsaic.com/f911chap1-4.html#vacations
  4. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +881 / 6 / -16

#87 Jersey

What exactly does Bush have to do with Obama being on the campaign trail all the time? That's a serious deflection them Mrs. PF ... come on now - I hold you to a higher standard.;)
  5. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +516 / 9 / -3

#24 Jersey

Not intended as a deflection....just an observation. It would have been hard for Bush to have spent much time on the campaign trail showing support for any of those whom had supported him in his attempt to reach The White House simply because he wasn't around often enough.

Besides, I didn't bring Bush up, you did, if you felt it didn't have anything to do with Obama's time spent on the campaign trail why'd ya bring it up at all?

:)
  6. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Yeah, keep pretending that mentioning the idiot you voted for is unfair game, as though precedent doesn't matter any more. That's right up the alley of a phoney Sox fan who's jumped on the Yankees' bandwagon at the first opportunity.

Ya know Icy, if somebody took away your schit-stirring ladle you'd have nothing.
  7. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +881 / 6 / -16

#87 Jersey

I did not vote for him ... actually ... on the board we had at the time here I said I wasn't going to vote for him because I felt like it was voting for his father's people. I also did not vote for him in 2004 ... on record in this forum.

As for the Red Sox comment ... I never said I was a Yankee's fan ... just an Angel's hater. But anyways ... do you think it's appropriate with all our country's problems that he puts such a high priority in fundraising?

Oh ... we don't know because you refuse to answer the question ... convenient. As of the end of the month it will be 24 fundraisers in 10 months ... that's 2.4 per month for those keeping score. Now imagine ... at let's say 6 hours per event including travel time if he had spent @144 hours meeting with people on the Afghanistan problem which he keeps putting off. Time for fundraising ... not enough time for Afghanistan ... I get it ... and you approve I take it ... carry on ... Bahhhhhh!!!
  8. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

If Obama didn't eat that's 20 minutes a meal X 3 for a full hour a day.

If he didn't sleep its 8 more hours a day.

No March madness bracket? There's the 2 hours a year that prolly would have made the difference in Afghanistan.

Heck, if we'd have just elected an Obamabot we'd have conquered Mars by now. Instead we elected a guy. A guy who some schit stirrers hold to a ridiculous standard.
  9. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +433 / 5 / -2

I wonder who's donating all the money. They were charging $30k a plate the other night here in MA. $30k! That sure as hell isn't mom and pop money.
  10. cupofjoe1962

cupofjoe1962 Rookie

Ratings:
    +51 / 13 / -9

You forgot to mention that Obama has cut 4 strokes from his golf handicap
    since being elected predident.

An accomplishment is an accomplishment !
  11. efin98

efin98 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

He has more political favors to pay back with these fundraisers than Bush had and he needs the money for a tougher fight in 2012 than he had in 2008.