Welcome to PatsFans.com

Obama using Hitler's Program

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by NEPatriot, May 16, 2009.

1. NEPatriot

NEPatriot Banned

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Hitler's Program Has Been Revived By Obama

2. shmessy

shmessy Maude Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,360 / 10 / -7

#75 Jersey

Nice misinformation, dude. Don't take off the tin foil hat.

JAMA -- Abstract: Attitudes and Desires Related to Euthanasia and Physician-Assisted Suicide Among Terminally Ill Patients and Their Caregivers, November 15, 2000, Emanuel et al. 284 (19): 2460

"Conclusions In this survey, a small proportion of terminally ill patients seriously considered euthanasia or PAS for themselves. Over a few months, half the patients changed their minds. Patients with depressive symptoms were more likely to change their minds about desiring euthanasia or PAS."

His CONCLUSION is that half the patients changed their minds because they had not been mentally OK to make the decision in the first place - - that is NOT an endorsement of physician assisted suicide.

But, OK, I'll crawl on the floor with you and try on a tin foil hat for a moment and quote your Dear Leader Larouche DIRECTLY (instead of going second-hand and quoting a MORE deranged Larouche DISCIPLE):

http://larouchepac.com/node/10232

[Here's what he grudgingly mumbled and buried amonst the hyperbolic imaginings in his article]

".....The authors proceed to coldly dissect the financial benefits to be derived from killing patients "with their consent." No opinion is ventured as to whether such killing, or the cost-benefit discussion of it, is right or wrong.......

.......(In a 1997 New York Times Op-ed, Emanuel had opposed physician assisted suicide and proposed instead, not to prolong life, but to "make it easier for doctors to prescribe narcotics [for] people in pain .... to use the power of medicine to improve the final days of the terminally ill.")".

By the way, if you can't tell the difference between suicide (which, btw, Emanuel has clearly opposed) and governmental proscribed euthanasia (which he even more vehemently opposes and is HOMICIDE), than you clearly meet the "low-bar" requirement for the infamous 20% of our population that keep showing up proudly in all those polls.

Last edited: May 16, 2009
  3. NEPatriot

NEPatriot Banned

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

I am surprised that some of us don't see Obama established paterns.

His economy advisor board includes people who destroyed banks.
    His health advisor board includes people who wanted to legalize physician assisted suicide because it's cheaper.

How is Obama going to have a good policy when he is around with these fcked up individuals? How bad does he want to see?

4. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +380 / 11 / -28

You can only see them if you really want to see them.. keep on believing... most are skeptical of things like this and inquiring minds want to know.

5. NEPatriot

NEPatriot Banned

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

It's huge different between you and me because I want to know the truth while you are ignoring it even though it's there.

6. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +380 / 11 / -28

The difference between you and I is that I am a skeptic, and work really hard on not falling for every conspiracy theory for either a left of right wing blog.. facts are a good thing.

You rely on perception and I try for the facts.. just the facts, no hysteria or hyperbole.

7. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,080 / 9 / -19

#87 Jersey

How any modern day politician in this country can be referred to Hitler amazes me.

8. NEPatriot

NEPatriot Banned

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

You apparently ignore some facts:

1-1.8 T in debt. Obama did it in his first 100 days and it's getting bigger. We aren't getting any better.
    2-You criticized Bush's 'cash for trash' stimulus program last year. Guess what? Obama is using it.
    3-Unemployment rate is skyrocketing and house foreclosure is out of control.
    4- Obama said X during his campaign and does Y when he is in office. Does he know what he's doing?
    5-Obama REFUSED to show everybody his REAL BC. Nobody knew who the hell Obama was.

Somehow, you fell in love with 'Obama'. Can you explain it to everybody? I love it when you lefty group uses 'fact' for your reasoning when it's full of balony.

9. scout

scout Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

Lyndon Larouche..........your thread is based on Lyndon Larouche's opinion.........For real?

10. NEPatriot

NEPatriot Banned

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Do you deny that Ezekiel Emanuel is not the author of what Are the Potential Cost Savings from Legalizing Physician-Assisted Suicide?" ?

I guess that nobody is good enough to criticize Obama.

11. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +380 / 11 / -28

First of all not in "love" with Obama, and second of all none of this has to do with anything about Hitler... as far as #5 goes, glad to see you are one of the "Nirth Certificit Trufers"... that speaks volumes about your belief system... would guess that you are one of the 365K who have signed the worldnet petition..

12. shmessy

Ratings:
    +1,360 / 10 / -7

#75 Jersey

The heck with Limbaugh, Cheney, Steele and Bachmann - - I say the Dems should make NEPatriot the "Face of the Republican Party"!

A five year old would never make the hysterical comparisons that we are seeing from this guy.

But hey, this is fun! Let's turn this forum more into that! Limbaugh is Pol Pot!!!!! Tony Dungy is The Unabomber!!! Sarah Palin has a brain!!!!!!

13. shmessy

Ratings:
    +1,360 / 10 / -7

#75 Jersey

He did author it.

Where in your brain does that equate to him SUPPORTING governmental euthanasia (homicide)?

Even your hero Larouche, couldn't bring himself to ignore these conclusions:

"".....The authors proceed to coldly dissect the financial benefits to be derived from killing patients "with their consent." No opinion is ventured as to whether such killing, or the cost-benefit discussion of it, is right or wrong.......

.......(In a 1997 New York Times Op-ed, Emanuel had opposed physician assisted suicide and proposed instead, not to prolong life, but to "make it easier for doctors to prescribe narcotics [for] people in pain .... to use the power of medicine to improve the final days of the terminally ill.")"."

Closer to the truth is that YOU are using Goebbels' program of repeating the Big Lie enough so that people actually begin to use it.

Last edited: May 17, 2009
  14. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +569 / 8 / -8

If you want to know the truth so much, how come you just post opinion columns?

Then when somebody posts actual fact-based sources, you run into a little right wing coccoon of "it amazes me that anybody..." blah blah blah.

You have no stomach for facts.

Be what you are. I don't care. But don't expect rational people to follow your lead when you are so transparently not looking for truth.

You've desecrated the memory of all those who died under the Nazis, but that's such a commonly engaged-in sport here that I barely notice anymore.

The notion, however, that you're doing so in the service of truth, and a search for truth, is beyond laughable.

Man up and address the actual facts in your threads. You post opinions, and then offer your opinion to back up opinion. You're a lightweight. Show yourself to be otherwise.

PFnV

15. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +102 / 7 / -14

#37 Jersey

Good question, you should ask NEM, WILDO, HOLYDIVER, ECT....

16. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

That really pizzes me off, too. The hyperbole of when someone whips out the "Hitler" simile reveals the true intellectual laziness of that person. Don't expect much from anyone who's so weak on substance and ignorant of the suffering of Hitler's victims.

What a freakin Bozo!

17. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +569 / 8 / -8

Although I can't claim to have a complete itemized list of who "Godwinned" when, I can certainly agree that very little would be lost in this forum if we stopped shouting "Hitler", "Nazi," and "Genocide," as a stand-in for "things I disagree with." While the closest, most chilling parallel we have here to the Nazis' ideology (such as it is) is more aligned with the xenophobes and racists among us, I am quite happy to just ditch all the random use of "Nazi," "Hitler," etc., on the right or on the left. Frankly, the Holocaust was a sui generis, and none of the various spectres abroad in American politics even vaguely resembles that regime.

18. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +380 / 11 / -28

I agree people throw around Adolph's name and the word Nazi without truly understanding its meaning or effects on many people.... when all else fails call someone a Nazi.. there has to be a better way.

19. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +675 / 2 / -9

Wasn't the name "Hitler" used quite often by Left Wing haters when referring to the previous president GW Bush.

While I'm on it, when will the Liberal Democrats ever get over Bush, us Neo Cons are finally over the "Wretched Clintons"

The "Tooth Sucker" Auntie Pelosi is going to completely destroy her career and her legacy all over her obsession with Bush...

Auntie Pelosi over there------->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>:bricks:

20. jcdavey

jcdavey In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

hopefully he starts with all the republicans lol