Welcome to PatsFans.com

Obama Up 8 Points

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Kid~Brady, Sep 20, 2012.

1. Kid~Brady

Kid~Brady In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Looks like Mitt's gaffe's are making an impression.

link: Obama Up 8 Points Nationally In Latest Pew Poll

2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +367 / 11 / -27

While he is ahead in every poll, have trouble with this one..

Real clear politics has the electoral college vote..

247 Obama
    191 Romney

3. Charlotte Pats Fan

Charlotte Pats Fan 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +110 / 1 / -3

No Jersey Selected

Guess its over now. All you Obots can sit home on election day. I'm thinking lots of R's, I's and some sane D's may excercise there right to vote on the 7th.

4. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +239 / 8 / -13

Well the sample is using the 2008 voter turnout model. That assumes a Dem +7 party affiliation, however current Party affiliation surveys have the number ~ even with the 2010 election results as R+1.2. So this poll is oversampling dems by ~8%, also in this poll the number of independents undecided is higher than recent polls and is at 11%. Obama will need to reduce this number the next couple of week. As the polls points out the election is about Obama (the incumbent) not Romney. Historically the undecided voters break for the challenger regardless of party.

Enjoy the poll.

5. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +239 / 8 / -13

Last edited: Sep 20, 2012
  6. Ilikehappyppl

Ilikehappyppl 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Thank god,

I'm not big on Mr.O but he's lightyears better then Silver Spoon....I think when the debates start and I've been saying this for months, Mr.O will wipe the floor with him and it will be game over before Nov.

I'm part of the 47% and guess what? I don't want your handouts, I don't want your taxes, I want the 53% of idiots to leave my country so we can get moving forward!

As long as we let the 53% hold us down and belittle us the longer we suffer, the 47% are the ones that fight our wars, they are teachers, single mothers,single fathers, they are our grandparents. I've always known that the rich don't like us, not because they hate us but because they fear us, that if we ever decide to take back what is ours, they will be left out in the cold....

Rest assured though rich people, I would never treat you like you have treated us.....I would never let you go hungry or not have a place to lay your head. I don't hate rich people, I'm just disappointed in them.......

7. Drewski

Drewski In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +110 / 0 / -1

No Jersey Selected

Happy - I get the gist you are speaking to, but I quibble with the teacher inclusion.

The numbers thrown around during the Chicago teacher strike (70K+) indicate they are not (en masse) in many of our cities.

8. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +367 / 11 / -27

According to Romney, the middle class commences at 200K, so they fit the criteria.

It amazing how the right relies on raw polls, but ignores the projected electoral college votes..

9. shmessy

shmessy Maude Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,314 / 9 / -7

#75 Jersey

Voter ID laws should be STRENGTHENED to require an adult to be able to understand the difference between "there" and "their" before voting. ;)

10. shmessy

Ratings:
    +1,314 / 9 / -7

#75 Jersey

No need to paint all of us with one brush. Many are fighting for E Pluribus Unum.

11. Charlotte Pats Fan

Charlotte Pats Fan 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +110 / 1 / -3

No Jersey Selected

Thanks for pointing that out. Funny you didn't notice the mistake I made on the date though.

12. Drewski

Ratings:
    +110 / 0 / -1

No Jersey Selected

Huh?

Happy said "the 47% are the ones that fight our wars, they are teachers, single mothers,single fathers, they are our grandparents.", I just questioned the inclusion of teachers.

I didn't talk about polls at all or the electoral college.

BAHAHAHAHA the right....you kill me sometimes Darryl. Too funny man.

13. Drewski

Ratings:
    +110 / 0 / -1

No Jersey Selected

Here Here shmessy.

14. Triumph

Triumph Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +287 / 57 / -28

#32 Jersey

Some polls are pro Obama and they would never throw their hero under the bus, so they skew data to make him look good.

R 47 and 0 47 via Gallup

Gallup Presidential Election Trial Heat Results: Barack Obama vs. Mitt Romney

Obamas approval rating is going down the toilet too as more truth comes out about the incompetence of this WH regarding Fast and Furious and the murders of US officials in Libya.

15. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +367 / 11 / -27

How about the electoral college?? This morning it was 247 to 191 for Obama, he needs 23 more electoral votes..

16. shmessy

Ratings:
    +1,314 / 9 / -7

#75 Jersey

Ooooh, I'm so sorry. Thank you for playing.

Daily Presidential Tracking Poll - Rasmussen Reportsā„¢

"The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Thursday shows President Obama attracting support from 47% of voters nationwide, while Mitt Romney earns 45% of the vote. Three percent (3%) prefer some other candidate, and four percent (4%) are undecided. See daily tracking history.

When ā€œleanersā€ are included, itā€™s Obama 50% and Romney 47%. Leaners are those who are initially uncommitted to the two leading candidates but lean towards one of them when asked a follow-up question."

Dontcha just HATE that Obama bum kisser, Rasmussen? :D

17. Ilikehappyppl

Ilikehappyppl 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Your exactly right!

I know better then to generalize, only reasons I brought it up was because of what Mitt said and out of anger for the people that like to belittle the poor and the middle class.

I get sick of this war on people, when it should be a war on poverty and trying to help people get education and good paying jobs, so they don't need the Governments help.

I refuse to believe that poor people are just lazy or the middle class families don't work hard enough, not everyone is built the same, not everyone has the same strengths or weaknesses. That instead of belittling them and trying to make them out to be the bad guys, we should be finding ways to help them and give them an opportunity to succeed.

Private sector is not going to help, this is were government comes in and helps its people, in the corporate world its about making money, in government it should be about breaking even at the same time helping as many people as it can, churches and Charities should fill in the rest...

When rich people like Mitt, talk down to half the country, it really shows a lack of understanding and competence....it makes all rich people look bad.....not cause its true that all rich people are pricks but its going to be the perception that most of the country takes when they hear his remarks.

What we need is our "good" rich people to stand up and get in the ring, if you want to prove that your better then rich people like Mitt prove it! Run for office! Change peoples lives! Give your workers if you own a bizz a raise or an opportunity to move up or pay for half their education!

18. Triumph

Triumph Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +287 / 57 / -28

#32 Jersey

Well, today we are using the Rasmussen as a reliable source. Usually, Jack Bauer and the rest of you cry foul because the Rasmussen usually has Romney ahead. These polls change everyday.

Good to know Rasmussen is OK going forward and that Gallup is no good anymore. This explains why Obama is suing them:p

The bottom line is that at best, Obama is only up 2 - 3 points meaning that the race is still very close and not the original 8 points up which is just ridiculous.

Theres still plenty of time.:)

19. 1960Pats

1960Pats Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +115 / 8 / -26

#75 Jersey

Holy crap! I didn't realize that I slept through election day.

Oh well, it doesn't matter here anyway. We live in the luxurious lap of liberalism.

20. 1960Pats

1960Pats Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +115 / 8 / -26

#75 Jersey

Let us not seek the Republican answer or the Democratic answer, but the right answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future.

"John F. Kennedy"

It's too bad that the democrats of today don't think as clearly as JFK once did.