Welcome to PatsFans.com

Obama Turns To God lol

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Harry Boy, Aug 21, 2009.

1. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +333 / 1 / -9

Holy Sh!t
    I didn't think Obama groupies liked this "holy stuff" OBAMA AND GOD ARE PARTNERS
    Amen

Obama Says
    'We are God's partners in matters of life and death'

A reader points out that President Obama's call with the rabbis today — as recorded in Rabbi Jack Moline's and other clerics' Twitter feeds — freights health care reform with a great deal of religious meaning, and veers into the blend of policy and faith that outraged liberals in the last administration.
    'We are God's partners in matters of life and death' - Ben Smith - POLITICO.com
  2. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Wait a minute!! I thought the O-man said all this God talk was "above his pay grade"!??

..... oh, that's right: he got a (huge) pay increase.

But .... is his aunt still an illegal living off the public trough in Mass??

Carry on....

//
  3. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

I wish that politicians (and everyone else, for that matter) would keep the god talk to themselves and in their church. I put public expressions about religion and gods right up there with nude beaches for the elderly (no offense, Harry)...I just don't want to see or hear about it.

Politicians who do the most heinous and evil acts are the last ones who should be saying crap like this. Whenever one does it, I ask myself, "What does this azzhole intend to get out of this"?
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2009
  4. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Kerry did that and lost.
  5. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

What's your point? You think Kerry lost because of that? Don't you think it had more to do with the fact that he didn't have the balls to effectively defend himself against Rove or his own Party? Dean would have won if the Party had allowed him to run.
  6. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I thought it was self-explanatory and widely understood, but OK. Simply put, you need to court the religious vote to win the presidency, especially if you are a Democrat. To court that vote you need to be open about your faith. See Carter, Clinton, and Obama. There are, of course, other reasons why Kerry lost, but this is an important one of them.
  7. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +989 / 24 / -45

No Jersey Selected

Didn't Dean get absolutely blown out in the primary?